• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ah the german dojo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
"Ness’s side smash is a bat that requires a lot of start up time to get swinging but really hits hard."

And guess what: they didn't translate bat into the german word "Baseballschläger"

Nope, they translated it into "Fledermaus"

Ness hits his enemies with a bat.... :urg:

Fawriel

Smash Master

That's worse than when the German dub of Pokemon translated "power plant" as "Kraftpflanze". And it seems like I'm still the only German who realized that the word "awesome" has a different meaning now. But this is... ... this is... ... err.

Honestly? Corporations should just let me translate their stuff.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
lmaooo...very funny. Now i wonder who is really doing the translations. I had wondered if they had a german,american, french, italian, hispanic guy who all knew japanese to translate it :p

now i know someone in japan or america is copy and pasting into google translators :)

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of such mistakes on the Dojo. Can't imagine how many there'll be in the finished game.

The German translation is really bad. There are small mistakes like King Dedede instead of "König Nickerchen" (the French Dojo translated the name) and there are bigger mistakes like this.

They changed some names of the updates. "Stage-Studio" sounds horrible. >_> Or they didn't translate Bonsly (Mobai).

Nevermind....

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm up for the idea of Ness using a fruit bat. For sure, it's a cool addition, and who deserves it more than Germans?

Vampire Ness could work too! Hey -- maybe this means different versions get all kinds of different characters! Why stop at simple homophones? We can have rhyme characters! Lucas can be Mucas for UK! Mario can be Lucario in one versiob, and Lucario can be Mario in other! And know what? Rhymes are fun, but why not go even further! Let's have innuendo in names and characters as well! We can...

...Okay, I'm done... :(

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
I'm up for the idea of Ness using a fruit bat. For sure, it's a cool addition, and who deserves it more than Germans?

Vampire Ness could work too! Hey -- maybe this means different versions get all kinds of different characters! Why stop at simple homophones? We can have rhyme characters! Lucas can be Mucas for UK! Mario can be Lucario in one versiob, and Lucario can be Mario in other! And know what? Rhymes are fun, but why not go even further! Let's have innuendo in names and characters as well! We can...

...Okay, I'm done... :(
See, now your thinking too hard :)

Gewaldro

Smash Rookie
Das mit dieser Fledermaus kam mir auch komisch vor, ich hätte das jetzt aber ehrlich nicht gedacht das der Schläger gemeint ist.

Why do we even have a German dojo, when it's wrong translated?

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
A whole new meaning to bat dropping.
ROFL

I find it hilarious how the german site seems babelfished. It reminds me of one time, the american update was late, so I used babelfish on a foreign version (can't remember which) and it turned Stage Builder into "Gas engine and steam engine systems builder" HOW DID BABELFISH MIX THAT UP!? It's atleast understandable to mix up bat with bat, but Stage with Gas engine and steam engine systems?

Egret

Smash Journeyman
If Ness attacked with a fledermaus, I swear I would main him.

I love bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom