• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Agree or Disagree: Ike would be high tier if he had more reliable recovery options

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Now, Ike's recoveries can be great. If he's right below the edge (or a few feet from it), he can aether amazing heights. If he is at high vertical altitude, he can side B (don't know the name) back to stage. But there is that BIG dead zone diagonally off the edge where aether or side b don't work. And many other brawl characters would be able to pull out of this zone, but not Ike.

But as you all know, Ike has great air moves, uber smashs, a beautiful neutral A combo, etc. I could go on.

So if Ike had recovery that could pull him out of the dead zone, would he be hight tier?
I think yes.

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Let me tell you what would make him high tier. If he didnt have too much post lag on his attacks, a better grab game (like a chain grab), Eruption was fast and had more SAF's, if it was possible for quick draw to be a combo at low percentage and kill at high percentage, if it was possible to Fair twice in one short hop, and Nair had no post lag. He would be better than Marth then. He would probably be the best.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
not really it would help but no ike would need better grabs, a faster jump and less starting lag for aerials then he would be high tier

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Takes more than decent recovery to make Ike high tier. As said before, if Ike's moves had less post lag then he would be more combat worthy. Also with no start-up lag, it lessens the threat of being interrupted by the opponent. After all, recovery won't matter as much if Ike can better hold his ground. I guess a projectile would be good but isn't as necessary since they would cut down on one of Ike's attributes (there's a cost for everything).

__V

Smash Journeyman
Ike would be higher tier if he hit more damage as he got hurt.

XACE-K

Smash Master
There's a lot of things that would have to make him high tier. Some things are:

-Better recovery

-Less lag on most of his moves

-Make Ike faster

-Give Ike better jumps

-Make him gay
But than we would have another Marth....

WeLikeIke

Smash Cadet
Tiers are for queers.
That makes tiers perfect for Ike! "queers" means "???", right?

Anyway... huzzah for a somewhat interesting thread.

Ike doesn't need to all of his moves to be faster, like some people said. He just needs more useful specials (compare Ike's B button to, oh I dunno, Snake, Meta, ROB, TL... etc). He could possibly use a faster Dtilt.

Obviously when I say specials that includes recovery potential, possible projectiles, etc; it's unimportant what they do, so long as they play a more useful roll in Ike's gameplay than they do know. How much more? That depends on what tier you want him to reach >.>

If you want god-tier (aka, metasnake tier), then other things would have to be made broken as well.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Well, Ike and Falco have similar recoveries (Nice horizontal recovery, terrible vertical recovery) and Falco is pretty high up in the tier list. I say better recovery, and less lag would make Ike a better character.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
-Make him gay
But than we would have another Marth....
Have you never freaking heard of Soren?

**** Ike fans dont even know jack about the game.

And Ike's vertical recovery dooms him, dont make me laugh. He needs less post lag and if Aether went just a little bit higher, he'd be fine. He prolly wouldn't be high tier, but he would be a bit more respectable.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman

And Ike's vertical recovery dooms him, dont make me laugh. He needs less post lag and if Aether went just a little bit higher, he'd be fine. He prolly wouldn't be high tier, but he would be a bit more respectable.
I played through PoR 9 twice and I kinda see what people are talking about >_>

Anyways, if the rest of the board played it for the most part, they would at least see how broken Ike is at the end of the game after maxing out his stats.

XACE-K

Smash Master

Calm down buddy, I do know about the game. I said make him gay because who do most of the gay jokes go to Marth. And where will Marth most likely be on the tier list.

*** Falconv1.0 doesn't know a joke when he sees one.

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
Ike's top tier to me..... (note the sarcasm).

1. Make Ike's side B able to combo like Marth's side B after he hits someone so it can't be so easily gimped.
2. Better grabs and tilts.
3. Anyone would say this but more speed.

Cross.

Smash Ace
Better recoveries wouldn't make Ike high tier....I personally don't have that much problems with the recoveries. The thing Ike needs most imo is less lag after his attacks.

MxGm

Smash Cadet
Ike doesn't need better recoveries, he's okay with both vertical and horizontal (but I hate when someone just flies to the middle of my Quick Draw and I fall to my death).
Ike would be higher if he had less lag, but that would make him cheap.

RARE King

Smash Cadet
Aether needs to be much better as a recovery. It should send Ike higher and the fact that it sends him crashing down is extremely unhelpful. Quick Draw also needs to be faster and get better distance.

Edds

Smash Ace
Aether needs to be much better as a recovery. It should send Ike higher and the fact that it sends him crashing down is extremely unhelpful. Quick Draw also needs to be faster and get better distance.
well not really but his aether recovery shouldnt be so punishable.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Except for dolphin slash hitting you from behind, floaters kicking you into the stage and getting hogged from what is essentially the bottom of the screen, aether is fine as a recovery. Cypher is in all rights a ****ing terrible recovery whose only saving grace is that you can bring yourself up from way the **** out and hopefully not eat an aerial for it yet I never hear *****ing about it.

Edds

Smash Ace
people say snake;s cypher recovery is bad. i agree with that. but theres ways round it. dont use near/under the stage. if you happen to be under the stage then use C4 recovery and it should launch you upwards then use cypher.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
The only thing that makes cypher not completely useless is that snake is such a heavy character and even getting blasted while off stage by an aerial may not kill him but it will definitely pop him upwards.

Strivus

Smash Cadet
I don't know if anyone noticed but all the things were asking for Ike has had in his games.

QD not gimped = In PoR, Quick Draw is based off his critical animation when he is a ranger. His critical goes through the enemy when he does this. Whoops! There goes the gimping aspect! Ike's side B would be like a chargeable Fox Illusion. QD gimping solved.

Less lag/Better tilts: Ike's best stat in his games is Speed. The man is one of the fastest ****ers in both games. Again based on his games. His sword play is know be fast and strong.

Better Vertical recovery/Less lag on Aether: Aether goes up a ridiculous range and Ike's backflips backwards after landing the final hit. Doing this in Brawl would have made Aether safe on block/higher recovery.

Projectile: Ragnell shoots beams of light/shock waves for christ sake!

I could go on, but is no one else bothered by the fact that all the stuff were asking for is what Ike should have had, considering he had them in the first place. Sakurai really dropped the ball on Ike. It's like Sakurai didn't even consult people when he made Ike. He just went "HURRR, We already have a fast FE lord, CAN'T have that!"

All right, I'm done.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
^I could add to that too but I just noticed this is one of those threads that other boards see as "look at the Ike boards all they do is complain about what he should have had and how bad he is" so I'm just going to stop replying to this it doesn't really get us anywhere.

Amarythe Flameblade

Smash Rookie
i beleive that he would be a higher tier.

but it is a little unfair that when ike does his side b in the air he cant move, or perform his up-b. when luigi uses his side b, he can still use his up-b. same with pikachu. thats just an unfair disanvantage.

XACE-K

Smash Master
i beleive that he would be a higher tier.

but it is a little unfair that when ike does his side b in the air he cant move, or perform his up-b. when luigi uses his side b, he can still use his up-b. same with pikachu. thats just an unfair disanvantage.
You have one person to blame, Sakurai.

Top Bottom