• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After Hours III: 3DS Tournament (Dec. 21)

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Seasons greetings! It's time for yet another After Hours tourney! We've yet to determine a date, and will do so at a later point, but we are currently accepting signups. Read on to learn how to join! A bracket will be posted once the tournament is full.

What is After Hours?
After Hours is primarily a series of game tournaments, and while for now only on Smash 3DS, we are looking to branch out into other games VERY soon. We are also looking into streaming, YouTube, and other special events. Most of our tourneys and events, though, all take place late at night, generally on a weekend, when many people are home, free from the busy obligations of work and school. The After Hours team consists of myself, @ SlapChop44 SlapChop44 , and our offsite friend who mostly appears just on streams.

The Leaderboard
Due to the fact that many After Hours tournaments contain special rulesets not used for other tourneys, we have decided to keep our own leaderboard across ALL of the different games that we will eventually offer tournaments in. Each season (more info about this will follow), the leaderboard is reset and the top spots are once again up for grabs. After Hours III is the final tournament of the first season. While the scoring system for this tourney has yet to be announced, the current leaderboard and points for each participant are listed below, with the roman numerals in parentheses indicating which tourney(s) the person has won:

1. DrLobster (I,II): 30 Points
2. Chaineblood: 23 Points
3. Teknology: 12 Points
4. Retrosleep: 11 Points
5. Soul: 5 Points
5. Wobbie831: 5 Points
6. LukeDuke: 3 Points
6. miracleJester: 3 Points
6. Flubfrey: 3 Points
6. Anomalous Adam: 3 Points
6. imbatman94: 3 Points
6. BulborbAdventurer: 3 Points
7. Rend4125: 1 Point

For those at the bottom of or not on the leaderboard, do not worry, for we will have ways for you to climb to the top throughout this tournament.

Seasons
This tournament, After Hours III, will be the end of Season 1. We have decided that, approximately once a year, we will wipe the leaderboard at the end of each "season" to allow for an even playing field the next season. Those who placed in the top percentage will be rewarded for their accomplishments though, and will receive a small amount of bonus points for the start of the next season.

After Hours MVP
Preceding the finals games in the last tournament of each season, we will announce our MVP for that season. The MVP is someone who is active in our community (on here, Skype, and in the future possibly on Twitch and YouTube), participates often in tournaments and events, and performs well in these tournaments. This season's MVP candidates were @ Chaineblood Chaineblood , @ Retrosleep Retrosleep , @BulborbAdventurer, and @ DrLobster DrLobster . We are proud to announce Season 1's finalists, Chaineblood and DrLobster! The MVP will receive bonus leaderboard points at the beginning of Season 2, possibly along with a few special privileges.

Tournament Rules
-This will be a more standard tournament. It will be the first After Hours to be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.
-We will decide on a participant limit at a later date, but for now it is looking like 32.
-Everyone is permitted to using ONE character for the entire duration of the tournament.
-All matches will be best of 3, 2 stock, 5 minutes.
-NO items or customs will be used.
-You are permitted to select ANY Omega Stage to play on.

Sign-Ups
-YOU MUST SIGN UP USING THE FOLLOWING TEMPLATE. Remove the parentheses and place your info there. Here is the template (Just copy and paste it, even if you have competed in an After Hours tournament before you must still fill one out):
(SB Username) | (3DS Friend Code) | (Skype Username)
-Skype is required to participate in the tournament, as it is our main form of communication once the tourney begins. Once you sign up, you will be added to the After Hours skype group. If you would like, you may stay in the group or leave after the tourney. Leaving before the tourney will result in disqualification. Many discussions and announcements take place in the group in between tourneys.
-You may NOT claim your character now! That will come at at later date.
-After signing up, you MUST add both myself and @ SlapChop44 SlapChop44 to your 3DS friends list. My FC is 3351-4506-8996. His FC is 0791-2753-3358.
-After the tourney fills up, you will be added to a waiting list. If someone drops out, everyone on the waiting list will be notified at the same time. The empty spot will then be first come, first serve.
-Players will be seeded based on their placement in the leaderboard. Higher placement means better seeding. If you are not on the leaderboard or are tied, you will be placed right under those who are on the leaderboard or rank above you based on sign-up order.

Tournament Roster
The full roster and bracket will be posted here as it develops.
1. DrLobster :4diddy:
2. Chaineblood :rosalina:
3.Retrosleep- DQ
4. Flubfrey :4myfriends:
5. FireofExile :4mario:
6. Slapchop44 :4link:
7. Moonboyjosh- DQ
8. Alphamew17 :4falcon:
9. Nstinct :4shulk:
10. Jonney :4jigglypuff:
11. wahabthesmasher :4lucina:
12. GrubGrub :4marth:
13. DreDre28 :4kirby:
14. trummyg :4gaw:
15. Serth_Hermlerm :4luigi:
16. muddykips :4yoshi:

You can find the bracket here: http://afterhours.challonge.com/smashiii

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to our biggest tournament yet! If you have any questions, feel free to send them my way.

Last edited:

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
Fireofexile | 2363-5961-4897 | Fireofexile

I'm interested in joining but depending on the date I might not be able to, once the date is announced I'll get back as soon as I can but for now I'm signing up :)

SlapChop44

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0791-2753-3358
(SB: SlapChop44) | (FC: 0791-2753-3358) | (Skype: slapchop44)

¡Estoy preparado!
I'll be acting as both host and participant, so make sure to add me on all the wotsits.

E-boy

Smash Rookie
(SB E-boy) | (3DS 1478-5790-6475) | (Skype eclay7731)

Last edited:

FaptastiCamel

Banned via Warnings
NNID
FaptastiCamel
3DS FC
4098-4885-5057
(SB: FaptastiCamel) | (FC:4098-4885-5057 ) | (Skype: FaptastiCamel)

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Everyone will be added within the next few days. E-boy has notified me that he will not be able to participate. We currently have 5 entries.

Last edited:

#FFED00

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5258-0021-3583
#FFED00 | 5258-0021-3583 | awkwardyellow

pretty excited to get into online tournaments here! and pretty sure I got the form right, I think?

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Glad to have you back again @ Chaineblood Chaineblood . @ Moonboyjosh Moonboyjosh , it appears that there are multiple Josh Moons on Skype. Is that your actual username? I'm having trouble locating which is you. The tourney roster is now updated on the OP. We are leaning to have the tournament either this coming Sunday or next Tuesday, but nothing is set in stone just yet. When we decide on a date, we will have more info on character claiming. As a bonus, the MVP candidates will get to choose today, and it will be updated on the OP soon.

Last edited:

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
Alphamew17 | 4296-3486-7805 | alphamew17

Haven't done a tourney in a while, can't wait to play!

However, my skype doesn't want to work properly, is there another way we could communicate?

Last edited:

SlapChop44

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0791-2753-3358
@ Alphamew17 Alphamew17 Sorry, but the standard form of communication for the tourney is Skype. Are you having mic issues or issues with Skype as a whole? If it is mic issues we just communicate via text chat in the Skype group, so no mics are needed. You could also communicate on a mobile device with the Android or iOS Skype apps (if you have and Android or iOS device).

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
@ Alphamew17 Alphamew17 Sorry, but the standard form of communication for the tourney is Skype. Are you having mic issues or issues with Skype as a whole? If it is mic issues we just communicate via text chat in the Skype group, so no mics are needed. You could also communicate on a mobile device with the Android or iOS Skype apps (if you have and Android or iOS device).
Currently I'm re-downloading it for my phone, but nut on computer, the login is just a white box with plain text, and I can't find a helpful guide to fix it.

Jonney

Smash Cadet
NNID
hawkeye721
3DS FC
4253-3982-7075
Jonney | 4253-3982-7075 | Jonneytheweab

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Everyone has been added. Don't forget to add myself and @ SlapChop44 SlapChop44 to your friend's list if you have not done so already. I will be adding everyone on Sunday most likely. It is looking more and more likely that Sunday will also be the date of the tourney. Character claiming will take place on Thursday. Due to this being our first DE tournament, we may cut our roster size down to 16, although we are currently unsure.

Last edited:

Moonboyjosh

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0361-8755-2433
Glad to have you back again @ Chaineblood Chaineblood . @ Moonboyjosh Moonboyjosh , it appears that there are multiple Josh Moons on Skype. Is that your actual username? I'm having trouble locating which is you. The tourney roster is now updated on the OP. We are leaning to have the tournament either this coming Sunday or next Tuesday, but nothing is set in stone just yet. When we decide on a date, we will have more info on character claiming. As a bonus, the MVP candidates will get to choose today, and it will be updated on the OP soon.
I'm the black dude in the sunglasses lol

wahabthesmasher

Smash Rookie
Wahab | 0345 - 0039 - 0178 | wahabthesmasher
Note: I don't have a mic for skype, so I am wondering if it is only chat

GrubGrub

Smash Apprentice
Yess made it just in time.

GrubGrub | 1263 7183 8080 | kuraiification

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
You may now all claim your characters. You can only choose one, and cannot house the same character as someone else. You can change you character ONCE up to an hour before the tourney. The time for the actual tourney should be decided on by tonight. This character is the only one that you may use for the entire duration of the tourney.

Also, I know that I have not added you to the Skype group. If you are one of those people, please let me know so that I can take care of it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom