• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After horizontal up-b -> hover n-air, what's your favorite followup?

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
Some dude frozen from NYC who definitely knows more pm specific tech than me will hover away -> down-B. He says it's a good down-B setup, and down-B is such a huge reward. I can't tell if I'm messing it up or if it's not guaranteed so I just want to see if other people can verify this.

Right now I'm hella boring and treat the hover n-air like metaknight's brawl tornado, occasionally NOT hitting the shield so that the shield shrinks and then trying to get that "corner hitbox" to poke. If that doesn't work I wait until the veryyy end of the hover and f-air -> l-cancel cause I'm a melee player and love to just l-cancel stuff instead of do optimal hover cancel what nots, and if they're dumb and drop their shield to try and punish a mewtwo who is like a full character height above and in front of them I have my giant broken sword-length f-air hitbox to beat trades with.

But yeah I'm sure there's like a bajillion setups. Either just n-air right into grab or n-air into up-smash for juggles or SOMETHING, but I definitely acknowledge this as almost a preference thing rather than being optimal, or something where being optimal has so many different conditions and variables that there isn't one clear answer to give, so I feel there's a lot of room to discuss it.

Master Raven

Smash Master
teleport -> hover nair is great. Honestly teleport has so many setups that it really is dependent on those variables and conditions you've mentioned. One setup I'm experimenting with is teleport diagonal up -> turnaround hover Bair. Next time I play people I'll try this on descending recoveries.

didds

Smash Lord
teleport into footstool has endless possibilities paired with m2's djc, gets rid of those pesky shields. @ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder has an awesome video showing off a bunch of different potential options out of footstool with various characters, but I don't know where to find the link.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
this is all assuming you cancel the nair by landing

hover nair into meatspin command grab is pretty strong since most people will want to shield after the nair

hover nair into straight up grab is good but you need good reflexes or good nair control to get them to stay on one side before you land

hover nair into shadowball charge kind of works if the opponent isnt doing any di

hover nair into utilt or dtilt if you're boring it'll probably get owned by shield unless they're doing upwards di

hover nair into more hover nair because we're all ****ing pro at this game

you could probably do more stuff by letting the last hit of the nair go off and do some more stuff like shoot a FC shadowball or land and teleport again and try and restart it

Top Bottom