• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aether Double Suicide

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
i do stuff like this with kirby. albeit i try not to suicide in the process but that's another story...

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
That death makes a lot of sense actually, and not just 'cause Mario was being a little too aggressive.

Commander

Smash Ace
Unfortunately this does not count as a kill for you in tourney. It happens often to me, but usually the spinning part of aether will pseudo spike instead of having the last hit meteor them.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Unfortunately this does not count as a kill for you in tourney. It happens often to me, but usually the spinning part of aether will pseudo spike instead of having the last hit meteor them.
wtf are you talking about if they die that's a kill for you
doesn't matter how it happens, all you have to do is eliminate four stocks...

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
Really? That seems odd. I have watched a bunch of tournament matches and players suicide together all the time.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
maybe what he's saying is that if it had been a last stock situation, you would've lost? because mario died right after the ike.

Commander

Smash Ace
maybe what he's saying is that if it had been a last stock situation, you would've lost? because mario died right after the ike.
Yup. It doesn't count because Mario can jump out of the Aether and only command grabs count as wins.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
mario couldn't have jumped out of that aether, though. he used his jumps already. it was just the fact that he was too low in damage, so he didn't fly down as quickly.

i totally get what you're going towards, though.

Bazkip

Smash Master
The 30 seconds of normal fighting at the beginning of the vid was kinda unnecessary, you should've cut that out.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
The 30 seconds of normal fighting at the beginning of the vid was kinda unnecessary, you should've cut that out.
Well I wanted to build up to the aether rather than have it immediately happen. That is why I had some of the fight there.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Well I wanted to build up to the aether rather than have it immediately happen. That is why I had some of the fight there.
Well then maybe not 30 seconds, 20 or so. It's just a tad too long as it is now. Guess it doesn't really matter though.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
This happens to anyone who plays Ike with any sort of regularity.

It's funnier when you survive after doing that.

Ha ha ha.
Yeah it is so satisfying when you survive. Especially when you do it to someone who is really good. XD

Top Bottom