• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aesthetic Changes To Stages

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
Just had a few stage suggestions since I notice 3.0 had some improved stages, most notably SSE Jungle has become a much better version of Distant Planet. It would be neat to give Dreamland 64 the Background of Green Greens since as far as I know Green Greens isn't in the mod. It would liven up Dreamland 64 and give it a nicer look rather than just a simple 2D paint job.

It would also be neat if Hyrule 64 received a similar update since Bridge of Eldin was taken out. A simple BG swap would be cool. I've seen some done of BrawlVault, but I know with how skilled the PMBR is they could do much better jobs.

Anyone else have any stage ideas?

Also wanted to say wonderful job guys, You PMBR do a wonderful job of taking community ideas and making them balanced and fun. If I was a gaming company I'd hire you guys lickety split. I know we beg and plead and wine a lot, but just know you guys are doing a fantastic job. Love what you are doing and can't wait to see what else is in 3.0.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
You know how the stage Metal Cavern goes over has data for 2 stages? And how to force choose one you either pressed the jump or shield buttons (it still works cuz i always get the Underground Theme music if i press L)? My idea is that DC and MC could switch stage slot data so holding L or R on DC could give you Luigi's Mansion as a skin or something. I don't know of any issues with this move, would anyone object / find a technical problem with this?

Crescent Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Distant Planet Looks so nice, If this is how stages get revamped then I vote for stage revamps around the board. Excluding Pokemon Stadium 2, that stage is already perfect:pimp:

Don't touch FoD either. My secret counterpick must stay intact.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
You know how the stage Metal Cavern goes over has data for 2 stages? And how to force choose one you either pressed the jump or shield buttons (it still works cuz i always get the Underground Theme music if i press L)? My idea is that DC and MC could switch stage slot data so holding L or R on DC could give you Luigi's Mansion as a skin or something. I don't know of any issues with this move, would anyone object / find a technical problem with this?
Metal Cavern and Dracula`s Castle are not linked canonically or are even from the same series.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Metal Cavern and Dracula`s Castle are not linked canonically or are even from the same series.
I don't see how that would affect what EdgeTheLucas proposed. I think the idea is a little convoluted though, they should just revert DC to Luigi's mansion imo.

I think the one stage that could use an aesthetic tune up is Rumble Falls... It's just so boring to look at.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I don't see how that would affect what EdgeTheLucas proposed. I think the idea is a little convoluted though, they should just revert DC to Luigi's mansion imo.

I think the one stage that could use an aesthetic tune up is Rumble Falls... It's just so boring to look at.
Having DC and MC use the same slot would look incredibly unprofessional.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
:facepalm: I feel like a idiot. Sorry about that.
It's alright. In retrospect I didn't word it clear enough anyway.

Yeah the method is pretty convoluted, but I'd really like for Luigi to have a home stage again, and I still stand with the position that while DC is a fun stage to play on it doesn't have official representation in Smash. I hope some of the PMBR consider what I propose so we can please everyone who likes both stages.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I'm going to give a hearty 'nay' to the idea of changing the past stages. I like the 64 aesthetic; It's nostalgic.

Top Bottom