• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advancing the Diddy Kong Metagame

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
These videos could've been combined into one. Half of the second video was just him throwing a banana into an immobile cpu and upsmashing. Throws were interesting and dtilt bair was useful. Nothing was truly "advancing" the Mets and this probably doesn't deserve to hit front page here and reddit with it being very basic.

HappyBear801

Smash Rookie
NNID
HappyBear801
It's still a good bread-and-butter, though.
Yeah. But overall he was nerfed quute a bit. He's still high tier, but not the top of the charts anymore. I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing an interesting Diddy metagame as long as it isn't cheap or overpowered like before the patch. Just let it be interesting.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Why not? Not everyone plays him just because he's high tier. I like Sonic and play him because of that fact.
I've never liked him as a character. Even disregarding the infamous Hoo Hah, to me he's just unfun to play against and unfun to play as. The banana's ridiculous, the chimpanzee voice is grating, he just gets on my nerves no matter who plays him.

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83
um so this is wrong in so many ways. Hoo Hah is now uthrow uair or dthrow double bair. Diddy spacing and omvement is exactly the same. You just have to work harder to kill now. Fsmash still works, usmash is underutilized, bair kills and can be spammed, side b kick can kill, bthrow and fthrow can kill. Diddy is still very good.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
"Diddy Kong" and "metagame". Those words...is it possible to use them in a sentence like that?

SuperAtrain

Smash Rookie
Diddy Kong(SSB4), Meta Kinght(SSBB), and Pichu. Gods among the puny ants of the World of Trophies.

Top Bottom