• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Wolf Tactics (Video Up)

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
scarring is extremely simple, i've never tried it with special bound to the c-stick (nor would i) but all u do is quickly press away then towards with B, when u watch the vid, listen u can hear the controller over the music, listen to how fast the clicks(hitting the joystick from left to right / right to left) are, they arent SUPER fast but they arent delayed either

ashark8doom

Smash Rookie
I use X to A immediatly to perform the claw move. When I do not wish to move forward I can manage to C stick it occuasionally. But I did play a fast fox in melee with a secondary fox so I already hard something like this down.
I commend you. I'm glad to hear X to A can be done. I tried switching my L to jump, but it screws me up completely and I find myself back at square 1. It could be my controller though, because my L is a ***** to push and I have trouble flicking it for a quick SH.

Bocks nice thread and I would like to hear your strategies for dealing with Falco.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
FALCO IS A B*TCH, ill make some strats that i use but i think they only work vs the player, cuz falco has answers for my counters, will post them tomorrow

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Ok I'm getting scarring better, need a stage list though, but I keep over jumping the SH on the SH-Fair I tried clicking it fast and I do a SH but I can't go forward and do it. I wish I could up load a vid, but I have no camera or SD card/SD card reader.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
bumping this topic so that way noobs will know that they aren't 'discovering' new techniques. It's also useful for none noobs o lol.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
FALCO IS A B*TCH, ill make some strats that i use but i think they only work vs the player, cuz falco has answers for my counters, will post them tomorrow
I didn't even think the matchup with falco was going to be a problem until I saw his chain grab. Falco's down grab can drag someone as heavy as wolf from 0~40% off the edge and into a dair. Only way I've managed to escape was either by getting lucky on my friend screwing up the CG and ending up in a good (for me) position when I get thrown off the edge.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
I didn't even think the matchup with falco was going to be a problem until I saw his chain grab. Falco's down grab can drag someone as heavy as wolf from 0~40% off the edge and into a dair. Only way I've managed to escape was either by getting lucky on my friend screwing up the CG and ending up in a good (for me) position when I get thrown off the edge.
..or teching

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
oh ya and the real prob wolf players have with falco is his deflector / laser, theyre both > you, wolfs game is mostly ground / sh both beaten with deflector / laser, if you fullhop approach you get shield grabbed / cant fair without lag, falco simply counters wolf its gay

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
..or teching
Unless I'm hopelessly ******** with my fingers I'm fairly certain you can't tech falco's dthrow.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DM7hjPZ38zA

Short vid (1:48) showing falco's CG right off the bat, you don't land before you get grabbed again. Therefore, no tech. Unless you can tech the part when you get initially dthrown (fairly certain not possible, but once again, I'm fairly ******** with my fingers).

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
Unless I'm hopelessly ******** with my fingers I'm fairly certain you can't tech falco's dthrow.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DM7hjPZ38zA

Short vid (1:48) showing falco's CG right off the bat, you don't land before you get grabbed again. Therefore, no tech. Unless you can tech the part when you get initially dthrown (fairly certain not possible, but once again, I'm fairly ******** with my fingers).
it is possible + nice research

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Hey Bocks, for Zelda's edgeguarding with Din's Fire (the sideB), shouldn't you wolf players (I'm a zelda) use the reflector instead of airdodging all the time? It seems like there's less lag after you reflect it than the lag after an airdodge. And this doesn't even take into account if you guys can use the invincibility on the reflector (I know most of you guys are crazy good, so I figured it might be a possibility) which would reduce lag even more.

Of course this all assumes that you're close enough to the edge that you're fairly sure you can make it back even if you use the down B (since it seems like it reduces your sideward air momentum).

Anyway, thanks for looking into it.

chaos 9

Smash Cadet
im actually practicing my campy wolf as wolf is my second. I use scaring a lot when they are at high damage, i ledge hug, grab the ledge and if they approach i scar them and continue camping and repeat. until they die. or get caught in a f-smash. ;) (ps dosent a f-smash sound weird? say it out loud it sounds like it should be "an" but f is not a vowel. weird)

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
Hey Bocks, for Zelda's edgeguarding with Din's Fire (the sideB), shouldn't you wolf players (I'm a zelda) use the reflector instead of airdodging all the time? It seems like there's less lag after you reflect it than the lag after an airdodge. And this doesn't even take into account if you guys can use the invincibility on the reflector (I know most of you guys are crazy good, so I figured it might be a possibility) which would reduce lag even more.

Of course this all assumes that you're close enough to the edge that you're fairly sure you can make it back even if you use the down B (since it seems like it reduces your sideward air momentum).

Anyway, thanks for looking into it.
yeah, you can also fair, bair, or easily nair, or air dodge, or reflector, or use your second jump (carefully)

zeldas side b has little to no priority, it really aint to hard to avoid but yeah reflector helps / is easy

Top Bottom