• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Techniques:Wii remote solo controller

Rizk18

Smash Lord
First of all, please dont bash this thread for people using this type of controller. Please respect everyone in the thread and dont flame anyone. Thank you.

Basic controls:

So, as far as i know, hardly anyone uses this type of controller. I want to see all the players that use this type for brawl, and not just for brawl, other games as well. But my main concern is brawl. So as far as advanced techniques(AT) go, there really isnt that much with this solo Wiimote controller. The following things are possible that I've tried and have worked for me:

Buffering chaingrabs- As long as you're not sheild grabbing and actually have a grab button to use, this is possible. Characters:
Falco,Pikachu,Marth,Wario,D3. Note that these are just the buffer chaingrabs and not the normal ones like Kirby,Olimar etc etc.

Up Air(Uair)-Most people dont know you can actually do this,although with some characters that have too much lag in their Uair's are not worth using it in my opinion. All you need to do is change a button to jump, I change the taunt button which is the ACTUAL A button itself, not the 1 button. This helps for easier things like Auto canceled aerials,Short hop triple laser(Fox), and its just alot easier then using the D-pad itself to jump because you can jump alot more consistently with the Taunt button as jump.

OoS(Out of Sheild)- The best way to get the best results with out of sheild stuff is to change the Taunt button to jump. AND, this way u wont full hop,you will short hop with the A button everytime if you press it lightly which is very easy to do.
OoS BEST character uses of Nair(Neutral Air)- MK,Marth,Wario,Pikachu,Olimar,Lucario,GnW,Toon Link,ZSS,Peach,Fox,Luigi,Sheik,Pokemon Trainer(excluding Charizard),Ness,Lucas,Yoshi,Mario and Jigz. I relize this is no surprise, but this is with the Wii remote and helps OoS options if you change the controls.

Technique not yet discovered: (or its just me)

DAC/DACUS with Wii Remote: I dont even know if this is possible with the Wii Remote, I have tried SO many ways to do this. I've tried changing my controls, going to training mode,practicing for HOURS, SLOWING down the speed, and nothing. Characters i've tried to DAC with: Basically all the characters that can do it :D
I met a person at my local tournament(dont remember his name) who said that his friend also uses the Wii Remote Solo and DAC's all the time with Snake, i dont believe him because i've tried every possible way and yet he still says its possible. If anyone knows how to DAC with the Wiimote Solo,please comment and help me and others.

As far as i know, these are the only AT I could thing of. Not sure if any of these qualify as Advanced techniques, but I thought i would share this with people that use the Wii Remote Solo.

Will update soon..

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
Great work Rizk! What you have found here may actually show potential in using another kind of control scheme. While I do not use the Solo Wii Remote control scheme myself, I do enjoy the simplicity in controlling characters that it offers.

For DACUS, have you tried setting up to smash instead of jump? I really do not see why performing DACUS with a Solo Wii Remote would not be possible, so long as the input is strictly for an up smash and not a horizontal movement. Keep up the good work!

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Thank you Starwarrior :) Im trying as much as I can to find more things about the Wii Remote,since I myself have been using it in tourney, and placing not too shabby:D Also,i have tried what you have told me about the DACUS, and no luck :( the Tap(up) button only allows to be changed into 3 options:jump,sheild,and grab, which is a big bummer. BUT, im not going to stop here,im going to keep trying and im going to keep fiddling around with the control scheme to find out the proper way to DACUS. If its not possible, then eh, no big deal :p. I will soon update this page with more tips and AT that people dont already know that are yet to be discovered. If only people who play with this can help out if their is anything missing:) I will soon update

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
The thing that really kills the wiimote for me is the fact that you can still Smash just by pressing a direction and the 2 button... so it's very hard to tilt quickly. I don't understand why they even have 1+2 for smash when they fudged your 2 button for you... if there were a way around this...

Rizk18

Smash Lord
The thing that really kills the wiimote for me is the fact that you can still Smash just by pressing a direction and the 2 button... so it's very hard to tilt quickly. I don't understand why they even have 1+2 for smash when they fudged your 2 button for you... if there were a way around this...
your right,the tilts are a little harder then like gcc/wiichuck/classic,because all these controllers have joysticks and the wiimote uses just a d-pad which is harder because we dont have all angles. I wish they would allow for the A button to be changed to smash,but they dont allow it for some reason,and yes the 1+2 button for smash is extremely worthless IMO,i just use the d-pad and 2 button,and i mess up alot more because its not a c-stick and somtimes i tilt instead fo smash:/

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
yes you can dacus with only wiimote, i know this beacuse i use the nunchuck+wiimote.

This wont be very practical, but lets say you set:

Upparrow, uppsmash.

Downarrow, downsmash.

A=Run.

Now run, and press downsmash and then uppsmash rly fast. and you got a dacus.

A, downarrow, about 0.3 sec after, upparrow.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
yes you can dacus with only wiimote, i know this beacuse i use the nunchuck+wiimote.

This wont be very practical, but lets say you set:

Upparrow, uppsmash.

Downarrow, downsmash.

A=Run.

Now run, and press downsmash and then uppsmash rly fast. and you got a dacus.

A, downarrow, about 0.3 sec after, upparrow.
Sorry:( but you're wrong:/ the A button being changed to run? No button on any controller can be changed to Run,their isnt even an option for that. Up arrow cant be changed into anything but: Grab,taunt,and sheild. And the down arrow cannot be changed. Their isnt a option for that. I already know it works with Wiichuck,but not Wiimote solo,or at least yet to be discovered

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
Sorry:( but you're wrong:/ the A button being changed to run? No button on any controller can be changed to Run,their isnt even an option for that. Up arrow cant be changed into anything but: Grab,taunt,and sheild. And the down arrow cannot be changed. Their isnt a option for that. I already know it works with Wiichuck,but not Wiimote solo,or at least yet to be discovered
you missed my point, all you need is a run buttom, an downsmash buttom and uppsmash buttom in order 2 dacus.

Lets say you set 1 buttom to move forward, lets call this buttom X.
Now set another buttom to Downsmash, lets call this buttom Y.
Now set one buttom to Uppsmash, lets call this buttom Z.

Now press X then when you are running, press Y then about 0.3 sec after pressing Y, press Z.

If you cant set these buttoms on the wiimote, theres a workaround, but it wont be nearly as good as the normal dacus. And only works with faclo, snake and wario.

All you need is a jab buttom, The A buttom on a gc controller. And a uppsmash.

Now run, and press the jab buttom, you should now do a dash attack, now hit your oppontment with the dash attack and do a uppsmash directly after hitting him, and you got yourself a dacus, but you have to hit the oppontment first, you can actually do this on the ground, without hitting the oppontment first, atleast with snake, donno with wario and falco, but the timing is like 1-2 frames or so, so you wont be able to get it in very often, but when your hitting the oppontment first with a dash attack and then do a uppsmash, its way easier to do.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Well you can Fthrow and Dthrow hobble with it if you count that as advanced. Bthrow hobble with this remote is retardedly difficult for me even though I have used this controller from when I first started playing.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
you missed my point, all you need is a run buttom, an downsmash buttom and uppsmash buttom in order 2 dacus.

Lets say you set 1 buttom to move forward, lets call this buttom X.
Now set another buttom to Downsmash, lets call this buttom Y.
Now set one buttom to Uppsmash, lets call this buttom Z.

Now press X then when you are running, press Y then about 0.3 sec after pressing Y, press Z.

If you cant set these buttoms on the wiimote, theres a workaround, but it wont be nearly as good as the normal dacus. And only works with faclo, snake and wario.

All you need is a jab buttom, The A buttom on a gc controller. And a uppsmash.

Now run, and press the jab buttom, you should now do a dash attack, now hit your oppontment with the dash attack and do a uppsmash directly after hitting him, and you got yourself a dacus, but you have to hit the oppontment first, you can actually do this on the ground, without hitting the oppontment first, atleast with snake, donno with wario and falco, but the timing is like 1-2 frames or so, so you wont be able to get it in very often, but when your hitting the oppontment first with a dash attack and then do a uppsmash, its way easier to do.
hmm, tryed wut u said. no luck:/ im going to make a video of me doing it and uploading it trying it in training mode with those 3 chars,and im going to try slower speeds so i can find out if it acutally works.do it urself and tell me if it works out.thanks

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I was forced to go with a Wiimote or nothing for a session once.
I picked Dedede.

I couldn't even play **** Dedede.

This scheme is unusable. I'm sorry, but /thread. Unless someone comes with an explanation how to force a tilt, or can say how to air control passably with just a dpad... this scheme is the worst conceivable one of all four.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
I was forced to go with a Wiimote or nothing for a session once.
I picked Dedede.

I couldn't even play **** Dedede.

This scheme is unusable. I'm sorry, but /thread. Unless someone comes with an explanation how to force a tilt, or can say how to air control passably with just a dpad... this scheme is the worst conceivable one of all four.
Your right,it is the worst out of the 3,and yet i still place in my tournies,decent/good.9th of 36,13th of 34,4th of 26,these are just some

Top Bottom