• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Techniques in Brawl

RDK

Smash Hero
Yes, I know that this topic has been done to death, but I just wanted to bring it to some people's attention and, hopefully, get some fresh views and good points on it.

There has been a lot of fuss on whether or not some of the advanced techniques in Melee that probably weren't meant to be there are going to be available in Brawl. Some say that this would potentially kill the game, and that the whole reason there is such depth and strategy to Smash Bros. is because of the plethora of advanced techniques there are available.

What are some of your views on this? Would you welcome the changes, or would you be incredibly disappointed if wavedashing, etc. was taken out of the next installment?

Personally, I think the advanced techniques give the Smash Bros. community a whole world to explore in terms of character development; that's why people here are as good as they are: they take the time to develop their gameplay, and wavedashing, etc. gives you that chance. It separates the hard-workers--who really care about improving themselves--from the all-talk n00bs.

Talk away.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
I, like the famous Dylan_Tnga refuse to play Brawl if there is no wavedashing. I'm basically the only other skilled member of our crew the crew as a whole has decided, including my 12 year old sister Chelsea, that if there is no wavedashing in brawl. We boycott it.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I, like the famous Dylan_Tnga refuse to play Brawl if there is no wavedashing. I'm basically the only other skilled member of our crew the crew as a whole has decided, including my 12 year old sister Chelsea, that if there is no wavedashing in brawl. We boycott it.
That's great! Boycotting it won't make them change the game though. So you'll just be depriving yourself. Good luck with THAT.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
That's great! Boycotting it won't make them change the game though. So you'll just be depriving yourself. Good luck with THAT.
It won't be so bad, friend. We have plenty of people we know who feel the same way, and all of love melee to the point where we could definatly see ourselves playing it for at least a few couple of years, if not till the day we die.

I highly doubt Brawl will be better than melee anyhow. :laugh:

soaz

Smash Ace
i would be ok with no wavedashing but i wouldnt be happy about it either.

The Bino

Smash Lord
People boycotting Brawl if it doesn't have Wavedashing in it is just way too childish... Grow up, games aren't built JUST FOR YOU, they are built to advance on what was potentially a good game to begin with, that's why there are sequels of games, do you think that if the original Smash wasn't a hit, they would've made another, NO!, stop complaining about "oh my god, no wavedashing, i won't play it".. ppl like you are saddening really, a new game, a new way to play is how it'll be, if wavedashing or any other advanced technique returns... who is to say that Wavedashing won't be replaced by another advanced technique we discover in 2 years or something, then what, oh well wavedashing is in the game but ppl found something better, what will you do then since you love your WD that much, will you drop ur WDing and learn the new tech or will you not even bother with the new tech and stick with WD

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
People boycotting Brawl if it doesn't have Wavedashing in it is just way too childish... Grow up, games aren't built JUST FOR YOU, they are built to advance on what was potentially a good game to begin with, that's why there are sequels of games, do you think that if the original Smash wasn't a hit, they would've made another, NO!, stop complaining about "oh my god, no wavedashing, i won't play it".. ppl like you are saddening really, a new game, a new way to play is how it'll be, if wavedashing or any other advanced technique returns... who is to say that Wavedashing won't be replaced by another advanced technique we discover in 2 years or something, then what, oh well wavedashing is in the game but ppl found something better, what will you do then since you love your WD that much, will you drop ur WDing and learn the new tech or will you not even bother with the new tech and stick with WD
I would read your post if you presented it in a manner that was readable. As it stands I'm not going to bother because you gave me a wall of text full of your opinions and bad grammar. I can't read it, it hurts my eyes.

Regardless of what you think, neither I nor the rest of my crew including Dylan wish to impose our opinions on you, so please refrain from doing so to me with such slanderous terms as ''childish'' really, who are you to be so judgemental?

We still play super smash 64, Dylan is quite good online and is trying out for the canadian rankings, and we practice melee quite often each week.

In all honnesty we have a great desire to improve even moreso at melee and it could occupy us for a long time. So even if Brawl lacks wavedashing and we do not make the switch, we still have plenty to keep us amused.

So yes, for our own reasons which Dylan has argued valiantly, (and won everytime, I might add) on this forum, our crew will not play Brawl if it doesn't have wavedashing

Sorry if this opinion aggrivates you, but it's how I feel, its how my 12 year old sister feels, Its how my friend George feels, its how Dylan feels. its also how many, many of our friends who play melee feel.

We're definatly not alone, so even if everyone makes the switch, which wont happen because no matter how much people play Brawl, melee will live forever we will ALWAYS have a crew to play SSBM with.

I am not telling you how to play the game, what game to buy, or what to do. I am meerly stating an opinion which Dylan has backed up with logical points on more than one occasion and would be doing right now were he not banned. But heck I figure I can replace him for a little while.

Though Dylan is way more addicted to forums than I am (look at my post count vs his ) :laugh:

So don't worry you don't have a 2nd Dylan_Tnga on your hands :p

Eaode

Smash Champion
The thng is, You guys contradict yourselves by playing and loving smash 64 so much. If SSB64 can have 12 characters and no Wavedashing, doesn't that prove already that a Smash bros. game can be great without Wavedashing?

Not to mention Brawl will have tons more characters, stages, and online.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Dude, we aren't knocking you for having your own opinion.

You are free to have your opinion, but (and I'm sorry you fail to realize this) that does not make it any less childish.
How so? Myself and my friends have spent about.. hm... 3 years playing ssbm with wavedashing. It has become so ''bad'' haha that when we attempt to play without wavedashing or shffling or l cancelling, for fun to see what its like to have ''honor'' we are physically incapable of doing it.

heck, yesterday we played soul calibur 2 and we both kept tryint to SHFFL and WD.

I realize, and Dylan has aswell that without wavedashing neither of us would have competent spacing and there would be no point at all in competing. So if theres no wavedashing in brawl, we won't be good at brawl, there will be no point competing, there will no point playing.

Logical? no.

Regardless of what you think of us in anycase we really do ENJOY playing melee, so really its no sacrifice on our part to ignore the sequel when we already had 2 great games.

really I feel that no matter how good Brawl is Ill still prefer melee just out of habit.

The thng is, You guys contradict yourselves by playing and loving smash 64 so much. If SSB64 can have 12 characters and no Wavedashing, doesn't that prove already that a Smash bros. game can be great without Wavedashing?
Yes, it does. But the physics of that game are entirely different from melee's and from what we've seen in trailers, Brawl will CLOSELY resemble melee in terms of feel and look and most likely in the physics engine.

Brawl will be nothing at -all- like ssb64 so your point is moot.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I would read your post if you presented it in a manner that was readable. As it stands I'm not going to bother because you gave me a wall of text full of your opinions and bad grammar. I can't read it, it hurts my eyes.

Regardless of what you think, neither I nor the rest of my crew including Dylan wish to impose our opinions on you, so please refrain from doing so to me with such slanderous terms as ''childish'' really, who are you to be so judgemental?

We still play super smash 64, Dylan is quite good online and is trying out for the canadian rankings, and we practice melee quite often each week.

In all honnesty we have a great desire to improve even moreso at melee and it could occupy us for a long time. So even if Brawl lacks wavedashing and we do not make the switch, we still have plenty to keep us amused.

So yes, for our own reasons which Dylan has argued valiantly, (and won everytime, I might add) on this forum, our crew will not play Brawl if it doesn't have wavedashing, because that would make the game suck.

Sorry if this opinion aggrivates you, but it's how I feel, its how my 12 year old sister feels, Its how my friend George feels, its how Dylan feels. its also how many, many of our friends who play melee feel.

We're definatly not alone, so even if everyone makes the switch, which wont happen because no matter how much people play Brawl, melee will live forever we will ALWAYS have a crew to play SSBM with.

I am not telling you how to play the game, what game to buy, or what to do. I am meerly stating an opinion which Dylan has backed up with logical points on more than one occasion and would be doing right now were he not banned. But heck I figure I can replace him for a little while.

Though Dylan is way more addicted to forums than I am (look at my post count vs his ) :laugh:

So don't worry you don't have a 2nd Dylan_Tnga on your hands :p

Everything that i said was 100% correct, this being that you are stating what you believe, and what you believe and how u are acting is childish, this is just my opinion on how it is being percieved through my eyes and being read through my brain... bad grammar lol funny, can't read it lol lazy, let me drop how i type and how i organize what i am to say because YOU WANT ME TO, again this is the same thing that i was getting at you about cuz you won't play Brawl if it doesn't have WDing in it, things aren't to go the way you want them to, learn to deal with it

Dylan getting banned was only a matter of time coming... being how he has been arguing with ppl and making the dumbest posts i have ever seen... getting all bent outta shape cuz ppl don't see his beliefs the way that he sees em and again ppl percieve those beliefs as being really childish

Now that im done talking bout Dylan let me get back to the point... I don't care how many ppl you know that feel the same way as you feel... its childish, live with it and get over it... But answer my question i asked b4, if you don't remember what i asked then here it is again word for word

who is to say that Wavedashing won't be replaced by another advanced technique we discover in 2 years or something, then what, oh well wavedashing is in the game but ppl found something better, what will you do then since you love your WD that much, will you drop ur WDing and learn the new tech or will you not even bother with the new tech and stick with WD

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I'll demonstrate why it's childish with a simple analogy:
--
Your Mother has always bought you Superyummy brand cookies with chocolate chips thin minty things and you love them. You eat them for a long time.

Then one day your mother buys Superyummy brand cookies with extra chocolate chips, but there are no thin minty things.

"Oh no, the minty things are gones! *pout* I'm not eating these cookies ever!"

--

And regardless of similarities, Brawl will still be an entirely different game from melee wavedashing or not. I believe sakurai was speaking of improving the air game, and it already seems character ^ Bs have been increased in power. [judging from the distance of Mario's in his screenshots on recovery.]

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Everything that i said was 100% correct
I can see debating with you is going to be pointless.

this being that you are stating what you believe, and what you believe and how u are acting is childish, this is just my opinion on how it is being percieved through my eyes and being read through my brain..
This portion of your post doesn't make any sense. Read it over. It makes -no- sense. Try harder I know you can do better :)

bad grammar lol funny, can't read it lol lazy, let me drop how i type and how i organize what i am to say because YOU WANT ME TO
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has trouble reading your posts, Im just trying to help ;)

Dylan getting banned was only a matter of time coming... being how he has been arguing with ppl and making the dumbest posts i have ever seen... getting all bent outta shape cuz ppl don't see his beliefs the way that he sees em and again ppl percieve those beliefs as being really childish
Really? Is that why Dylan practically has a fan base on this section of this forums and has organized a mini community of gamers who actually know what they're talking about, with brains of their own, all of whom mangage to post their opinions in an intelligent manner?

Face it friend, once Dylan arrive here the forums were divided into two parts Scrub, and Intelligent gamer. I saw it happen since I may not post much but I've read almost every post Dylan has made since I am his good friend.

Dylan was contacted by a mod earlier today by the way, his ban was a mistake, he only has 5 infraction points and was given one by accident by meowkitty who appologised to him. They have no way of lifting the infraction so Dylan will be back in six days.

Now that im done talking bout Dylan let me get back to the point... I don't care how many ppl you know that feel the same way as you feel... its childish, live with it and get over it...
No, it's not childish at all. And there is nothing to get over. Anyhow I won't argue with you since you're the kind of person that is like ''I'm right, you're wrong'' no point debating with someone as thick as you. Your wit astounds me, however :laugh:

who is to say that Wavedashing won't be replaced by another advanced technique we discover in 2 years or something, then what, oh well wavedashing is in the game but ppl found something better, what will you do then since you love your WD that much, will you drop ur WDing and learn the new tech or will you not even bother with the new tech and stick with WD
I highly doubt anything in Brawl that isn't wavedashing will ''replace'' wavedashing as a way to move left or right and instantly do any action as if you were standing. The uses for the wavedash are more than meets the eye. You don't seem very smart so I doubt you know all the uses of the wavedash and think it meerly to be a technique used by people who wish to look flashy.

It's not, it's used for a darn good reason and if it's not in Brawl, I won't be able to space properly.

Other people out there can space without the wavedash, Aniki and Masashi come to mind. They will own at Brawl.

But I know for a fact I won't be able to even make it out of pools at a tournament in brawl if I don't have the wavedash, so why would I bother playing the game at all when I could play a game I truly love like Melee?

No loss for me. And Im not telling you people not to play the game, or that it would suck without wavedashing. Just that I would suck AT it without the wavedash.

The very same argument Dylan has presented you before but you were all too caught up flaming him to read his posts. You scrubs reek of jealousy, what can I say. You'll take any chance you can to insult him despite him being 10x as intelligent as you are, and most likely the same ratio better than you at the game of smash.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Wow, what a pompous poster you are. You say Bino is the type of person who cannot be argued with, and then you employ the same 'Im right you're wrong" attitude, even going as far as insulting people on this forum. People like you sould be banned.

And good luck playing melee while the rest of us have fun playing with Sonic, Metaknight and the tons of other new characters, online even. Just cause you're too childish to just get over yourself.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
It wont let me edit, excuse the double post :)

No loss for me. And Im not telling you people not to play the game, or that it would suck without wavedashing. Just that I would suck AT it without the wavedash.
when I said it would suck without wavedashing here

So yes, for our own reasons which Dylan has argued valiantly, (and won everytime, I might add) on this forum, our crew will not play Brawl if it doesn't have wavedashing, because that would make the game suck.
I meant it would suck for us. I would change the post were the edit feature working.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Such sickening arrogance, and you even ignored me even though I answered you question on why it was childish.

It's people like you who are impossible to debate with, and you chock up people getting tired of dealing with such foolishness as winning by default. It's not a real win when the crap issuing forth from you mouth stinks so much it the people you are speaking to simply can't stand the smell and leave.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Wow, what a pompous poster you are. You say Bino is the type of person who cannot be argued with, and then you employ the same 'Im right you're wrong" attitude, even going as far as insulting people on this forum. People like you sould be banned.
I clearly mentioned like... 20 times in the past few posts that I did not wish to force my opinions on you guys. Where as Bino has told me that there is no point responding to him since he is ''100 percent right'' all the time.

now THAT'S childish.

As for the insults, they only come your way because you insult my friend at his weakest hour when he is banned from the forum. Because you know thats the only time youd get away with it.

Any other day Dylan_Tnga would burn you so bad you wouldnt know what hit you and the next day 2 people would have quotes from him slaying you in their signature.

I'm leaving this thread and this section of this forum to go with my girlfriend now, but I will say this.

Say what you want about Dylan while he's banned, because that will be your best chance to get your shots in, scrubs. He'll be back, and now he knows how to follow the rules.

You won't see one insult from Dylan, not one flame. But his intellect will consume you whole and expose you for the ignorant scrubs you are. later :)

Your Mother has always bought you Superyummy brand cookies with chocolate chips thin minty things and you love them. You eat them for a long time.

Then one day your mother buys Superyummy brand cookies with extra chocolate chips, but there are no thin minty things.

"Oh no, the minty things are gones! *pout* I'm not eating these cookies ever!"
Wow, you think you're good at creating relevant hypothetical situations.. good for you!

Your hypothetical situation is biased by your perception of our opinions so you choose to present the comparisson to a mother and her child crying over cookies. Well done. Like I said, no point debating with people who have decided they are right and no matter what will continue to believe so.

Such sickening arrogance, and you even ignored me even though I answered you question on why it was childish.

It's people like you who are impossible to debate with, and you chock up people getting tired of dealing with such foolishness as winning by default. It's not a real win when the crap issuing forth from you mouth stinks so much it the people you are speaking to simply can't stand the smell and leave.
Well I just politely offered my opinion and now you have lowered yourself to the level of insulting me. You will be reported.

Dylan got banned for every slight toe over the line he placed, so it should be the same for everyone.

Adi

Smash Lord
Demon, please think before you post. Bino is actually one of the better players here in New York, if you ever see his Samus' you'll know full well that he can use advanced techniques. There's no need to make childish accusations about someone's intelligence like that, in addition stop acting like you're the representative of Dylan, because I'm pretty sure he's past this stubborn phase that you're in.

Honestly, just listen to your own arguments. They are not intelligent, in fact it's incredelous how someone can make a case based upon a game engine they know nothing about.

Please grow up, we all know that you're going to play Brawl regardless of what it's like, so stop drawing attention to yourself with insubstantial arguements.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Demon, please think before you post. Bino is actually one of the better players here in New York, if you ever see his Samus' you'll know full well that he can use advanced techniques. There's no need to make childish accusations about someone's intelligence like that, in addition stop acting like you're the representative of Dylan, because I'm pretty sure he's past this stubborn phase that you're in.

Honestly, just listen to your own arguments. They are not intelligent, in fact it's incredelous how someone can make a case based upon a game engine they know nothing about.

Please grow up, we all know that you're going to play Brawl regardless of what it's like, so stop drawing attention to yourself with insubstantial arguements.
Sorry then, Bino for my assumptions on your skill. I still can't understand your posts though.

oh and Dylan is right here, he says hi :)

He also says this : (from Dylan)

Dylan_Tnga said:
When I come back. You're going to see someone entirely different. I dont know what happened recently but every post I made was watched under a microscope and this resulted in me being banned for posts such as ''hahaha'' and ''thoes are some cool shoes, man''

But when I return, Ill be sure to memorize the rules. And I won't break them. I will be back in 6 days. You will never, ever be insulted by me, Dylan_Tnga again. You will never see me swear, or break any rules.

But I am going to -eat you alive- I speak to my enemies and the scrubs of this community. I will streghthn the community I already created in this section of this forums, and I am going to consume you with my intellect.

You have seen nothing yet. But you will see everything in six days.

So take all your shots at me now, its the last chance you'll ever get at a free shot at me.

RDK

Smash Hero
If I knew this was going to turn into a bad knock-off of the Jerry Springer show, I wouldn't have started this thread.

Demon Machine, or whatever your name is--this thread is supposed to be about people's OPINIONS, not flaming Brawl because it might not have wavedashing. You should calm down a bit. And, just for the record, you worship Dylan WAY too much.

Even if Brawl doesn't have wavedashing, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't have a fun time playing it--several people made good points (Darkfur, Bino, etc.) on this.

And by the way, Demon Machine--calling for help on another thread is not going to help you any.

A little help in the wavedashing thread? Scrub city and now that Dylans banned they're saying all sorts of mean things about him.

Pathetic... the only time they can get their digs in is when he's banned. As his best buddy I know that Dylan would never stand for it for once second. Those scrubs would be instantly owned and the ownage would be sig-quoted the very next day.

Pretty sad that the only time they can burn dylan is when he's banned. I say you guys offer him some support hehe but I'm a newcomer here.
And, good God, enough about Dylan.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Demon Machine - I would say anything straight forward to Dylan ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM, you don't understand anything that is being said here... I never once said that i was 100% correct about EVERYTHING, i said clearly that i was correct 100% about this!!!!!!

Reread something b4 you post inaccurate posts you all mighty and higher intelligent being you are should beable to comprehend what i am saying, but yet you sit and ignore what is being said to you

Do i care if you play Brawl? NO!!!!!!!... do i care how good you are at WDing NO!!!!!.... you say that i suck at this game well do ur research buddy b4 u go and say anything about me.... I am a extremely good player from NY, as well as my Crew AvalanchE being ranked #3 in best Crew's of NY, so where are you and your Crew at, huh? tell me that, i don't ever see ur name being mentioned at any tournaments in the results thread, nor in some of the tournaments period... you and ur Crew have ur heads buried so far up WDing's A$s you don't even know where WD begins and where it ends, even tho what i just said makes no sense to you since you're such a higher intelligent being, maybe since you're so smart maybe aliens should abduct you and work on your brain scans and the such

Dylan would rip me a new one eh? I think not, i have seen the massive amount of debates that Dylan has had, and it ALL REVOLVES AROUND WAVEDASHING BEING IN BRAWL.... The funny thing is right here - IF YOU GUYS ARE SO WORKED UP AND HAVE A HARD ON FOR MELEE WHY DON'T YOU AND YOUR CREW GET OUT OF THE BRAWL SECTION OF THIS FORUM AND GO AND BRAG BOUT HOW GOOD U ARE IN MELEE SECTION, HELL GO INTO THE TOURNAMENT SECTION AND CHALLENGE SOME OF THE BEST AND TELL EM YOU'RE JUST WAY TOO GOOD TO BE BEATEN CUZ YOU WAVEDASH THE BEST.... ppl like you in these boards have one word to describe you NOOB

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Call me/him any names you want. You wont see another post from Demon Machine again. Enjoy your free reign to call moves cheap, complain about imbalance and the like. Dylan's back in 6 days. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Bye bye for good now. Im tired of backing Dylan up and I feel like spending some time with my girl :p

Was fun!

- peace.

HELL GO INTO THE TOURNAMENT SECTION AND CHALLENGE SOME OF THE BEST AND TELL EM YOU'RE JUST WAY TOO GOOD TO BE BEATEN CUZ YOU WAVEDASH THE BEST.... ppl like you in these boards have one word to describe you NOOB
haha, please don't take me for an idiot. Wavedashing is by far the least important of the advanced techs.

Dash dancing, Shffling, L cancelling, fast falling, everything, is more important than wavedashing.

Also, both me and dylan have been to a tournament before, Dylan made it out of pools I got owned.

Without wavedashing however, dylan and I would have no spacing. Sorry if this.. offends you? But really its the truth. we wouldnt stand a chance without the WD we hardly stand one with it.

New videos being made thursday though for anyone intrested, dylan will post them later.

@ Bino, please stop freaking out.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
And by "girl" he of course means *ahem*

DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN

RDK

Smash Hero
Guys, just ignore Demon Machine--he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, and we're getting off topic, anyway.

Bino: +100

Demon Machine: 0

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
Holy christ, do you guys only play luigi or something? Even if wavedashing is removed, it will hardly make a difference as long as they keep SHFFLing and all of the more important advanced techniques. I can't beleive you wouldn't buy the game just because of something so miniscule. It's also pretty funny that you think it would make a difference to boycott it. If it really bothers you so much, just learn to pivot or something.

I believe that brawl will be just as competitive even if wavedashing is removed. Dylan and his crew might think that brawl is INCAPABLE of being competitive if spacing is a little bit harder (again, learn to pivot noobs). But honestly, i don't think that's it. The reason i think they're so pissed off about the whole thing is simply because they want their skill to 'carry over' to brawl, and if that isn't possible, they won't play. This quote proves my point:

Other people out there can space without the wavedash, Aniki and Masashi come to mind. They will own at Brawl.

But I know for a fact I won't be able to even make it out of pools at a tournament in brawl if I don't have the wavedash, so why would I bother playing the game at all when I could play a game I truly love like Melee?
So pretty much what he is saying is that no matter how many other advanced techs or tactics there are to brawl, he will be INCAPABLE OF WINNING because he can't use his **** wavedash to space himself. How is it that you guys fight, exactly? Do you just wavedash around each other until someone quits?

The whole reason you guys are arguing for wavedashing isn't for the good of the game at all. You just want to make sure that you personally never have to adapt.

This isn't to say that i don't want wavedashing in brawl. It does add depth to the game, so why would they remove it? But these people saying that brawl will be ruined without it really get on my nerves. As long as they plan to keep it competitive, brawl will be fine without wavedashing. You're just going to have to suck it up and learn new techs.

In conclusion, i'd like to say that wavedashing is overrated and anyone that thinks that it defines top level play is stupid. Thank you.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, I'm not gonna say names, but who's flaming Dylan needs to go grow some balls.
Where you waiting for him to get banned to say all that crap? If yes, you disappoint me.
If no, and you were about to say it when he was here, then it is ok with me. He'll have to deal with that later when he comes back.

RDK

Smash Hero
Well, I'm not gonna say names, but who's flaming Dylan needs to go grow some balls.
Where you waiting for him to get banned to say all that crap? If yes, you disappoint me.
If no, and you were about to say it when he was here, then it is ok with me. He'll have to deal with that later when he comes back.
No one's flaming Dylan. Demon Machine just got upset.

I believe that brawl will be just as competitive even if wavedashing is removed. Dylan and his crew might think that brawl is INCAPABLE of being competitive if spacing is a little bit harder (again, learn to pivot noobs). But honestly, i don't think that's it. The reason i think they're so pissed off about the whole thing is simply because they want their skill to 'carry over' to brawl, and if that isn't possible, they won't play.
This is a good point. Having to re-learn new techniques and strategies is part of the game, fellas--it's what makes the Smash community diverse and fun.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
Dylan got banned? Great, now the forums are going to be slow for a week. Meh..

The Bino

Smash Lord
Call me/him any names you want. You wont see another post from Demon Machine again. Enjoy your free reign to call moves cheap, complain about imbalance and the like. Dylan's back in 6 days. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Bye bye for good now. Im tired of backing Dylan up and I feel like spending some time with my girl :p

Was fun!

- peace.

haha, please don't take me for an idiot. Wavedashing is by far the least important of the advanced techs.

Dash dancing, Shffling, L cancelling, fast falling, everything, is more important than wavedashing.

Also, both me and dylan have been to a tournament before, Dylan made it out of pools I got owned.

Without wavedashing however, dylan and I would have no spacing. Sorry if this.. offends you? But really its the truth. we wouldnt stand a chance without the WD we hardly stand one with it.
New videos being made thursday though for anyone intrested, dylan will post them later.

@ Bino, please stop freaking out.

You just completely backed up everything that was stated by other ppl in here with what i had highlighted and changed the color of...

You wouldn't own anyone, you barely made it outta pools, and unless it was a major tournament like Pound or FC or MLG you wouldn't have made it outta pools there, and im talking bout Dylan here.... since you can't even make it outta Pools clearly proves that you don't understand the true balance of skills that are to be possessed by those that have skill... its not just bout knowing advanced techs, its also bout knowing what to do when the time calls for it, so my advice for you, go to tournaments and get owned till you get better... the only way you're gonna learn

Stop defending WD, i think that there is a thread about it in Brawl section somewhere here, if you can't find it, either do 1 of 2 things here

1 - Make a thread asking where it is, since you are a true noob

2 - Try using the search button

Adi

Smash Lord
My god one more post like this and I'm going to ****ing explode.

NO ONE IS ATTACKING DYLAN, I REPEAT NO ONE IS ATTACKING DYLAN.

Please develop some basic reading comprehension because you certainly have blown things out of proportion.

All that happened was Demon Machine decided to start a Flame War by saying that Dylan would come back and own our scrub ***** because we thought that Brawl would still be a great game even if wavedashing wasn't in it. And one poster in these entire 3 pages, has said that it wasn't surprising that Dylan was banned and that his arguments were insubstantial.

No one was waiting for Dylan to get banned, hell he might as well not be considering he's talking through his friend so it hardly makes a difference.

Jesus, you guys are worse than the guys who start the PC vs. Bombsoldier threads, stop with the **** fanboyism.

Top Bottom