• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Olimar tactics

Cake Lord

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0490-4553-7813
Hello guys. If anyone is a pro Olimar player, please can you share some advanced moves with me, I myself want to be one.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
I'm not a pro by any means, but I can help by pointing you to some resources.

First, if you haven't already, check out Myran's Olimar guide. It's a fantastic place to start learning about the general mindset for Olimar and he goes into a few techs that will prove useful if you decide to stick with the character.

Then, if you have time, definitely give the Q&A and competitive discussion threads a read. You won't necessarily find everything nice and organized, given to you on a silver platter, but you will absolutely get some good knowledge about matchups and advice.

The video thread is a great place to watch high level play and even post your own recordings to get advice.

@koken also put together a very nice quicklinks thread in case you want easy access to some important info.

Since you're new to SmashBoards, (welcome, by the way!) I'll say that one of the best things to do is just look around the forums. Stickied threads are generally more important and more information will be posted in them, but if you keep an eye on other threads, sometimes you can find some cool ideas that people post. My biggest advice is just to learn to use the boards to your advantage. Look around to see if your question already has been answered. If not, ask specific questions. It's hard to just dump tech on you if we don't know what you're looking for or what skill level you're at already.

Good luck and enjoy playing Olimar! Have a good time on SmashBoards!

Top Bottom