• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Olimar Discussion (Start of Big Update 5/6)

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Zelda is hard as hell, a good one will din fire spam, and if you try to spam pik toss, the shild thingy (don't remember name) its her be move. then her ariels have A LOT of priority which is hard agianst olimars arieals.
Just stick to close-combat in Olimar's groundgame and she's meat.

asob4

Smash Champion
i 3 stocked and 2 stocked a very good zelda.
that match up is **** for olimar
be aggressive and they can't do ****. you're so small it's hard for them to hit with the heel

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
i 3 stocked and 2 stocked a very good zelda.
that match up is **** for olimar
be aggressive and they can't do ****. you're so small it's hard for them to hit with the heel
The only problem I have with Zelda is her Din's Fire...

P.S. This thread shall never die.

asob4

Smash Champion
airdodge it.
it's very easy to avoid

whenever i was at a distance he would din's fire, all i did was airdodge or nair/fair
they all stop it.

oli is a small target so the heels are very unlikely to hit you, and when is olimar ever above anyone? lol so don't worry about uair
learn to smash DI her smashes so you don't get hit by the last hit of it.
spam pikmin and punish the resulting nayrus love

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
airdodge it.
it's very easy to avoid

whenever i was at a distance he would din's fire, all i did was airdodge or nair/fair
they all stop it.

oli is a small target so the heels are very unlikely to hit you, and when is olimar ever above anyone? lol so don't worry about uair
learn to smash DI her smashes so you don't get hit by the last hit of it.
spam pikmin and punish the resulting nayrus love
Have you seen Doppelganger? Her (I think it's a she) F-Air and B-Air are absolute pinpoint. She managed to Din's Fire Psycho ******. :O

geekd

Smash Apprentice
Mario is one of my hardest matchups. His fludd, capestall and fireballs are just too dam good for edgeguarding. The only way I can stay alive is by keeping 6 pikmin buddies at all times (goodbye >b). Anyone else have similar problems?

Snail

Smash Lord
Mario is one of my hardest matchups. His fludd, capestall and fireballs are just too dam good for edgeguarding. The only way I can stay alive is by keeping 6 pikmin buddies at all times (goodbye >b). Anyone else have similar problems?
I don't find Mario particularly hard. He edgeguards pretty well, but aside from that he doesn't have much on Olimar. If you keep getting caped, try Dsmashing.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Yo definitely should write that section up. This thread needs some life. We thought True returned from he dead but apparently it was like a 2 day zombie and that **** ended. oh well.

You HAB you should come down to Philly for the Melee Circuit!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I am absolutely garbs at Melee now. Way too much Brawling. Way too much DAC Pivot Grabbing with Olimar has made me forget to L-Cancel properly. No, seriously. I tried picking Falco back up (one of my two Melee mains) and couldn't even SHL properly.

But I really do wanna write a section on fatties now... if only I had the time. Fuccking True needs to come back...

Top Bottom