• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advance Tech - SUPER WAVE DASH!!! FULL DETAIL

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
Im still trying to figure this tech or glitch out. I've been able to pull this tech by Fruit Cancel to Side B (up) to quick back away from opponent. I have a feeling it's the ORANGE that's causing this tech to work.

If anybody here knows how please let me know.

It seems like I'm only able to do it once every match begins.

If we all can figure this out, Pac-Man's recovery just been upgraded!

IF YOU NEED A SPARING PARTNER ADD ME :) we need to keep our oppenents off their toes with our traps.

NNID = FLIPZMODEX

Last edited:

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
This was discovered already lol i forget the reason why but it has to do with the time.

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
Hi Maziyah. Thanks for the comment. I've been searching all over the smash boards and I can't seem to find this tech. If you know where this tech is, please give me the link? :)

Last edited:

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
THANKS Splebel! I'm glad I'm not alone on this one :)

I also can pull this tech at every start of the match. You can practice in training mode but if you disable the glitch then you must quit training mode to do it again....resetting training mode won't work.

Last edited:

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
Hi Pac-Man players so I've did more testing on the S.W.D and I'm confidently sure now you can only do it once anytime once match starts....

Here's a video of me playing against a WFT Online and putting S.W.D to good use :) Enjoy! (PLEASE RATE MY PAC-MAN and let me know what I need to improve on)

Last edited:

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
Hi Pac-Man players so I've did more testing on the Wave Air Dash (Wad) and I'm confidently sure now you can only do it once anytime once match starts....

Here's a video of me playing against a WFT Online and putting WAD to good use :) Enjoy! (PLEASE RATE MY PAC-MAN and let me know what I need to improve on)

Try not to use your up-b as an attack off-stage. It's risky and there's like 0 reward from it, it's not like it can kill. Refrain from using the turnaround side-b through hydrant attack too much. It leaves you pretty open if you don't get the hit. Don't forget you have a Nair to switch up from your Fair. And you can also combo them together pretty easy. Like at 2:06 you should've been going for a Nair not an up-b. Up-b attacks should be on the stage. Which also brings up utilizing your trampoline more on stage. Now for this particular match-up it probably wouldn't be as effective, as wii fit trainer also has ranged attacks. Don't just mindlessly Bair your hydrant. Pay attention to the situation. I kept seeing wii fit trainer just turn it around on you cause you'd Bair it and then all they have to do is hit it like once. Sometimes you want to wait for them to hit the hydrant first and then do your Bair, that way you get the last hit and hit them with it. This is great for people who are concerned with trying to take your hydrant out first. And for match-ups like mario luigi and pikachu. Let them get a hit on it with their neutral b THEN Bair it. And the last thing I can think of at the moment is switching up your fruit. Use the apple, it's great for someone rushing you as you can just run away jump and do a reverse b throw and hit them. Use your bell more. Also the galaxian, great if you want to force someone into shield and you can easily grab it for z-dropping.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Finally video! Glad to see others are getting this solved!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am pretty sure I have done this not at the start of a match as well

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
HI FROGGY AND REVIBE, THANKS FOR THE COMMENT :). Are you able to pull it off too? Let me know if you need help on the glitch.....:)

Anyways, after some more testing on S.W.D, I noticed that if I aim the power pallet in a 45 degree ↗ angle I can make PAC-MAN slide very very fast (kinda like SAMUS SUPER WAVE DASH) as soon as he lands from the SIDE-B. Here's a quick video showing what S.W.D can be useful.... :)

Enjoy! (Sorry for the quality I'm playing it on my projector)

Last edited:

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex

This glitch can be done MANY times (ANYTIME) during a match!!!! :4pacman:

To do this glitch the easy way (List from Easiest to Hardiest:
1. Down+B (Hydrant) to Side+B (PP)
2. Roll to Side+B (PP)
3. Shield to Side+B (PP)
4. B (Fruit) cancel to Side+B (PP)
5. Side+B (PP)

*Use Side+B (PP) preferably 45 degree ↗ angle but you MUST let go the direction before the Side+B (PP) animation ends* WHEN SIDE+B (PP) ANIMATION ENDS WHILE PAC-MAN IS STILL IN THE AIR THEN GLITCH WILL BE DISABLED - THIS ALSO MEANS YOU CAN KEEP HOLDING THE DIRECTION :) - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE!

****If PAC-MAN lands without a slide then the glitch is disabled for the entire match****

Moves you can ONLY use:
1. Side+B (Power Pallet)
2. B (Fruit Charge)
3. Down+B (Hydrant)
4. Shield
5. Dodge (Ground)
6. Roll (Left or Right)
7. Taunt
8. Crawling - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-25-15)
9. Throw - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-25-15)
10. Ledge Grab - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-25-15)
11. A (Attacks) + (Tilts) (Ground) - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! 8-26-15)
12. Any Smash - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-26-15)
13. Slow Walk - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-27-15)
14. Fast Walk - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-27-15)

****Any other moves used will disable the glitch for the entire match****

Here's a list what you CAN'T use or Don'ts:
1. Jump
2. Up+B (Trampoline)
3. Walk or Run (Ground or Air)
4. Turning Pac-Man to face other direction (LEFT STICK) *UPDATE*
5. Enemy throwing you *UPDATE*
6. Enemy hitting you *UPDATE* - TESTING...
7. Getting hit by a projectile *UPDATE*
8. Falling off the stage TESTING...
9. Dash Attack *UPDATE*
10. A (Attacks) (Air) - TESTING...
11. Standing on top of Hydrant pushing you up (Water) - *But if you start charging the Fruit before hydrant pushes you up the glitch will still work! :)*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ENJOY!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
This makes it seem more worthwhile now. So you can't walk or run or the glitch stops?

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721

This glitch can be done MANY times (ANYTIME) during a match!!!! :4pacman:

To do this glitch the easy way (List from Easiest to Hardiest:
1. Down+B (Hydrant) to Side+B (PP)
2. Roll to Side+B (PP)
3. Shield to Side+B (PP)
4. B (Fruit) cancel to Side+B (PP)
5. Side+B (PP)

*Use Side+B (PP) preferably 45 degree ↗ angle but you MUST let go the direction before the Side+B (PP) animation ends*

****If PAC-MAN lands without a slide then the glitch is disabled****
Moves you can ONLY use:
1. Side+B (Power Pallet)
2. B (Fruit Charge)
3. Down+B (Hydrant)
4. Shield
5. Dodge (Ground)
6. Roll (Left or Right)

****Any other moves used during the match will disable the glitch****
Here's a list what you CAN'T use:
1. Jump
2. Up+B (Trampoline)
3. Walk or Run (Ground or Air)
4. A (Attacks) (Ground or Air)
5. Standing on top of Hydrant pushing you up (Water) - *But if you start charging the Fruit before hydrant pushes you Up the glitch will still work! :)*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ENJOY!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THANK YOU~!

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
This makes it seem more worthwhile now. So you can't walk or run or the glitch stops?
Hi Splebel,

Yes the glitch will be disabled once you walk or run (please refer to the CAN'T use list above ⬆)

*This glitch can be preformed alone just with SIDE+B but it's really hard to pull off cause you might accidentally walk RUN*

So that is why you must input a move first to avoid the walk run (please refer to the ONLY use list above)

Anybody who is confused how to do this glitch please let me know and I'll gladly explain it in a different way :)

YAY!!! I CAN FINALLY SLEEP NOW THAT I FIGURED THIS GLITCH OUT LOL!!!

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Major props for figuring this out.

However, I can see much application if we basically can't do anything major without deactivating the glitch.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Hi Splebel,

Yes the glitch will be disabled once you walk or run (please refer to the CAN'T use list above ⬆)

*This glitch can be preformed alone just with SIDE+B but it's really hard to pull off cause you might accidentally walk*

So that is why you must input a move first to avoid the walk (please refer to the ONLY use list above ⬆)

Anybody who is confused how to do this glitch please let me know and I'll gladly explain it in a different way :)

YAY!!! I CAN FINALLY SLEEP NOW THAT I FIGURED THIS GLITCH OUT LOL!!!
Here's something for you. What if I grab? That's not anywhere on the list.

However, I can see much application if we basically can't do anything major without deactivating the glitch.
You can be that Beginner of FG who Rolls everywhere.

Last edited:

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex

Hi BSP!

Your message above - Do you mean "CAN or CAN'T"? - I should sleep z z z z z maybe I'm tired lol

Thanks! This glitch really bugged me that I had to figure it out and that it took a lot of experimenting....so can you imagine how many times I quit training mode?! I lost count. I should achieve a milestone in smash for the most quits in training mode! LOL

So any other glitches out there that needs proper full detail explanatory (solved or unsolved) - (CAN be any character) Let me know :) I'll figure it out!

Last edited:

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
wow, looks like we have a use for crawl now, cause it doesn't negate the glitch

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hate to be that guy, but found out a lot of this a while back (Shortly after the prior discussion on it I saw Orange wasn't causing it). I did not however test or even really mention it once I found that jumping and walking deactivated it.

That said congratulations on testing all of this. Knowing that we can roll and crawl makes it slightly more useful.

Still though, the best/only use I've found for this glitch was to mindgame someone game 2 of a set to make them think I had an extra gimmick they hadn't see yet and try to trick them into covering the wrong area when I use SideB later in the match.

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
i did some testing and generally just having fun with this and apparently you can also grab ledge and get ko'd

wow ok no, this is nuts, you can do normal attacks and grab, just keep to the rule of not walking or running or doing a hard landing
i'm gonna push the limits with this, lets see how much of a man your pacs are

Last edited:

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
Hi
Hi Splebel!

WOW! I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS! THANKS! I WILL TEST THIS NOW......BRB
!!!!!UPDATE CONFIRMED!!!!!

YES! You can THROW and CRAWL and still do the glitch!

I'll update the CAN list above :)

Thank you Splebel & Toxo T for pointing this out!

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
If someone can go a whole actual game and keep this glitch working I would like to see that.

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
i did some testing and generally just having fun with this and apparently you can also grab ledge and get ko'd

wow ok no, this is nuts, you can do normal attacks and grab, just keep to the rule of not walking or running or doing a hard landing
i'm gonna push the limits with this, lets see how much of a man your pacs are
WOW GREAT FIND ABOUT THE GLITCH TO ATTACKS!!!! :)

Back to experimenting :) Time for Red Bull!

Anybody else find something that I missed please post it so I can exam it deeper and see what we can do!

I'LL UPDATE THE CAN LIST!

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
HEY PAC-MAN PLAYERS! SINCE WE CAN'T WALK TO THIS GLITCH WE NEED TO UTILIZED PAC-MAN's CRAWL MORE NOW :)

Pac-Man crawling will now scare our opponents lol.....

I'm currently working :( .....I can't test this yet.

Hi TOXO T or anyone if you can please test crawling to attack and see if glitch still works :) let me know. Thanks!

POST THOSE VIDEOS!

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
This might not be TOO useful but it'll make for a killer opening during a match.

It's weird to preform, though. But it'll probably end up like the tramp through stage glitch: cool to look at, but ultimately a gimmick that's way too hard to pull off that it should get used in tournies. It's cool for impressing people, though.

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
So, how exactly do you perform the glitch? I've been trying it on 3DS and can't get it to work, is it a Wii U only thing, possibly?
It works on the 3DS. The easiest way is to drop a hydrant at the start and then side B up and immediately let go of the control stick until you eat the pellet.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I can hold side B throughout the entire duration of the move and it still works.

I wouldn't be too quick to write this off. We can potentially do some big things with this if we theorycraft + test it more.

Last edited:

ofna01

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1134-9609-8501
I can hold side B throughout the entire duration of the move and it still works.

I wouldn't be too quick to write this off. We can potentially do some big things with this if we theorycraft + test it more.
How do you avoid overshooting? I'm trying to find the right timing at the start of the match, and I keep going off-stage.

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
!!!!UPDATE CONFIRMED!!!!
You CAN now use the A+ATTACKS (Tap A's + Forward Tilts + Down Tilts + Up Tilts) ANY SMASHES AND STILL DO THE GLITCH!!!

Here's a video of me testing all the moves above and I hope this opens up new ways to trick our opponents. GET CREATIVE GUYS!

TIP - *If you want Pac-Man to face opposite direction, simply use Forward+Smash - the easiest to do this is using the c-stick*

GOOD JOB GUYS! LET'S KEEP TRYING WAYS TO MAKE EVERYTHING WORK!

~YOU WILL ALSO DISABLE THE GLITCH IF YOU TRY TURNING PAC-MAN OPPOSITE DIRECTION USING THE LEFT STICK~

***NOTICE IN 2:00mins I started the walk and cancelled to crawl and the glitch is still working!?!?!?! - ok I need to sleep z z z z

Last edited:

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
!!!!UPDATE CONFIRMED!!!!

YOU CAN WALK AND STILL DO THE GLITCH!!! :4pacman:

Now if we can figure out how to use the Run or Jump without disabling the glitch....hmmmmmm

I will update the CAN and CAN'T list above.

Last edited:

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
this is getting crazy, i guess its because you don't walk too fast?

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
this is getting crazy, i guess its because you don't walk too fast?
Hi Toxo T!

Yes just as along as you don't RUN or JUMP or Turn Around (Using Left Stick) - (TESTING run as I type this LOL)

*NOW THE ONLY THING I DIDN'T TEST YET WITH THIS GLITCH IS Z-DROP!* - ok brb going to test now!

I UPDATED THE LIST ABOVE

Thanks again for helping me with this glitch :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom