• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adminisering a doe of reality to Smash Bros

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Recent Smash discussion has gotten me wondering what it would be like if realistic elements were implemented to the game. For example,

- Fox falls the fastest, whereas Yoshi is more "floaty." In reality, since Yoshi is heavier, and Fox is lighter, Yoshi would fall faster. It's how gravity works. So Bowser and Ganondorf mains would be enjoying a fast fall, while Falco, Fox, and Jigglypuff mains would fall slower (think how fast a single feather falls),

- When someone is set on fire, fire does not disappear magically. You have to drop and roll like hell to put it out, or jump into a body of water. Now, imagine bringing that into Smash. Bowser uses his fire breath on Mario, Mario is set on fire (just imagine that for a moment), in this case, you sidestep like hell to douse the flames, or if you're fighting on Defino Plaza, just into the water.

I think some aspects of reality would do Smash some good. Thoughts?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Maybe that'd be best for Special Smash. Having to constantly sidestep to douse the fire would result in some nasty punishes.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Wow, I just noticed the typo in the title.

Punishes can come from just about anything really, I guess Donkey Kong would be a better example than Mario, since Donkey Kong can actually roll. 5% of damage added for each 2 seconds the character is on fire seems fair. While Smash could be placed in a fantasy genre, reality would really turn up the intensity on it as a fighting game.

SteelCityMewtwo SteelCityMewtwo you know what I meant. If Fox were at his supposed height (5'7), he would probably weigh a bit more, but in general, I think how a character free falls should be proportionate to their size and weight. Wario seems a bit chubby, so he would probably falls much faster than Kirby.

It definitely would address the "floaty" issue among Yoshi mains.

Last edited:

NekoTony

Tips are allowed
NNID
Cheesezwheel
3DS FC
5430-1364-8542
This is a fantasy game and IMO most likely adding these realistic features to the characters just doesn't seem right.

Top Bottom