• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adeleine, the Miracle Painter (& Ribbon?): Sorry for the wait... but the wait continues.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I had to make something to rejoice in Addy's playable debut. Celebratory image/comic incoming...!

OH MY GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

I was just about to say "it looks JUST like Brawl In The Family" Before I realized 'holy **** it's Matthew Taranto himself' AND HOLY CRAP I'M GEEKING OUT OH MY GOD IF YOU'RE THE REAL DEAL THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRAWL IN THE FAMILY ITS ONE OF THE GREATEST WEBCOMICS OF ALL TIME AND IT"S HAD SUCH A BIG INFLUENCE ON HOW I WRITE AND I'M PROBABLY RAMBLING BUT I CANT STOP MYSELF

...Sorry, got a little out of control there ^^;

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I think we all know what her Final Smash would be...
retard_rush.gif

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, has anyone seen the translations on the Kirby Twitter for Adeleine and Ribbon? Zan Partizanne seems to REALLY have it out for the two girls. Like, from the way she words things, I can't tell if she's jealous of them being cuter than her or something, but for the last couple of tweets, she's been trying to put the two down, calling out Adeleine on her "big forehead", and Ribbon being compared to a bug.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
...calling out Adeleine on her "big forehead"...
Zan must have clicked here too much. OMG.

EXPAND.png

Oh well, anyway, I was saying that another video came out, and it shows that Adeleine can ride a Kracko Drawing!
Link to the tweet with the video
In my opinion this would be very overpowered in Smash, it's final smash material IMO. While I like it, it bugs me a bit that when she rides the drawing, she doesn't move at all... Maybe they could have made her give orders to Kracko, prompt him to attack, point at the enemies with the paintbrush with an angry face, I dunno.
Though it's still very cool, I hope Ice Dragon will be part of her arsenal of deadly paintings.
I'm aslo starting to worry about the usefulness of Ribbon... I mean, so far she shown up a couple of times but did nothing, aside of letting Adeleine fly... but so does the Kracko drawing, and in an even faster and more powerful way; hopefully she will let Ado use the crystal gun while flying, right?

Lastly, while I was browsing the web searching for the official artwork of Adeleine without text and stuff, I found this:
It's a model of Adeleine made out of Lego veichle parts, and it's very nice!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey, has anyone seen the translations on the Kirby Twitter for Adeleine and Ribbon? Zan Partizanne seems to REALLY have it out for the two girls. Like, from the way she words things, I can't tell if she's jealous of them being cuter than her or something, but for the last couple of tweets, she's been trying to put the two down, calling out Adeleine on her "big forehead", and Ribbon being compared to a bug.
Someone's really asking to be given a good roughing in Quest Star/Ultimate Choice, apparently.

Also, gif version of the painter daughter being insanely OP:

I swear, the thinking pose she does really takes the whole cake to it:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Made a supporter's list for Adeleine, Luminario Luminario , you can use this however you like! :grin:
  1. Luminario
  2. Among Waddle Dees
  3. lady_sky_skipper
  4. Aussie the Naturist
  5. Iko MatOrr
  6. Aurane
  7. Nimbostratus
  8. Troykv
  9. Ghirahilda
  10. smashkirby
  11. Guybrush20X6
  12. P.Kay
  13. Indefinite Minimum
  14. Uffe
  15. Bestmand902
  16. Red Ryu
  17. Squashinikun
  18. bksbestbwoy
  19. Ado anon
  20. RineYFD
  21. TheAnimator
  22. Lampy
  23. SEGAGameBoy
  24. ZagarTulip
  25. Shinuto
  26. M8RedBoy31
  27. PsychoIncarnate
  28. KirbyFan391
  29. smash puffle
  30. Mr. Wario
  31. King Sonnn DeDeDoo
  32. ~ Valkyrie ~
  33. EarlTamm
  34. The Original Robot boy
  35. TriforceBun
  36. Dreamking
  37. KirbyWorshipper2465
  38. Isaac: Venus Adept
  39. xpnc

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Made a supporter's list for Adeleine, Luminario Luminario , you can use this however you like! :grin:
  1. Luminario
  2. Among Waddle Dees
  3. lady_sky_skipper
  4. Aussie the Naturist
  5. Iko MatOrr
  6. Aurane
  7. Nimbostratus
  8. Troykv
  9. Ghirahilda
  10. smashkirby
  11. Guybrush20X6
  12. P.Kay
  13. Indefinite Minimum
  14. Uffe
  15. Bestmand902
  16. Red Ryu
  17. Squashinikun
  18. bksbestbwoy
  19. Ado anon
  20. RineYFD
  21. TheAnimator
  22. Lampy
  23. SEGAGameBoy
  24. ZagarTulip
  25. Shinuto
  26. M8RedBoy31
  27. PsychoIncarnate
  28. KirbyFan391
  29. smash puffle
  30. Mr. Wario
  31. King Sonnn DeDeDoo
  32. ~ Valkyrie ~
  33. EarlTamm
  34. Mr. Nintendo
  35. The Original Robot boy
  36. TriforceBun
  37. Dreamking
  38. KirbyWorshipper2465
  39. Isaac: Venus Adept
  40. xpnc
You're a blessing, doing all the work I didn't wanna do :laugh:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hehehe. Just doing work nobody asked of me and nobody wants to help me with XD

With 40 Supporters, Adeleine is currently in 26th Place (out of 350), obviously I haven't completed the list yet, so she might drop a bit before it's posted (there are still 12 more characters who haven't been counted, along with Bandana Dee and Krystal, who only have estimations).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys. So remember how I said that Zan's recent tweets seem to depict her having it out for Ado and Ribbon? Well, the newest tweet that shows off Ado riding Kracko came with this:

"Bonjam.
This is additional information concerning the new Dream Friends, Adeleine & Ribbon!
Hah. This time you’ve drawn yourself a boss, big-forehead.
At any rate, the drawing is once again merely only able to move… wait, what!? She rode the boss drawing!?
Nevertheless, you cannot subvert my expectations!
The strength of that adorable ascent is… –gah!"

"I'm not saying I'm jealous....but I'm jealous" - Zan Partizanne

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
  1. Luminario
  2. Among Waddle Dees
  3. lady_sky_skipper
  4. Aussie the Naturist
  5. Iko MatOrr
  6. Aurane
  7. Nimbostratus
  8. Troykv
  9. Ghirahilda
  10. smashkirby
  11. Guybrush20X6
  12. P.Kay
  13. Indefinite Minimum
  14. Uffe
  15. Bestmand902
  16. Red Ryu
  17. Squashinikun
  18. bksbestbwoy
  19. Ado anon
  20. RineYFD
  21. TheAnimator
  22. Lampy
  23. SEGAGameBoy
  24. ZagarTulip
  25. Shinuto
  26. M8RedBoy31
  27. PsychoIncarnate
  28. KirbyFan391
  29. smash puffle
  30. Mr. Wario
  31. King Sonnn DeDeDoo
  32. ~ Valkyrie ~
  33. EarlTamm
  34. Mr. Nintendo
  35. The Original Robot boy
  36. TriforceBun
  37. Dreamking
  38. KirbyWorshipper2465
  39. Isaac: Venus Adept
  40. xpnc
I'm sorry but I AM NOT a supporter, I honestly think she is one of the most overrated characters out there beaten only by Geno. I only come here to defend my boy Daroach and see what the Star Allies discussion is.

I kindly request you remove me from this list.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but I AM NOT a supporter, I honestly think she is one of the most overrated characters out there beaten only by Geno. .
Ok cool you can leave then right

(edit: I apologize, I wasn't in my right mind when I typed that)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm sorry but I AM NOT a supporter, I honestly think she is one of the most overrated characters out there beaten only by Geno. I only come here to defend my boy Daroach and see what the Star Allies discussion is.

I kindly request you remove me from this list.
Done.

Also, Luminario Luminario you should do remove him too.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Well, to be precise, my nickname is also wrong, it's MattOrr, not MatOrr... but who cares :happysheep:

Regardless, we got another supporter, so we are still at 40!
I suppose that the release of the DLC may bring us some more supporters as well.

In the meanwhile, we got a Daroach trailer and a Dark Meta Knight trailer, so we should also expect an Adeleine trailer this tuesday! (I doubt they will delay it since we're close to the release date).
They revealed a lot of new moves in the two previous trailers, so I hope they have something for Adeleine too!
A short promotional video also shown that Adeleine can do a simple paintbrush slash, so the dash thing is not the only melee option (a screenshot also shown that mid-air she can do a team move with Ribbon that's similar to Kirby 64's ice+cutter ice skates).

Jasae Bushae

Smash Cadet
I really want Adeline in Smash. ^^
With her abilities you have the potential to literally draw from the entire cast of the Kirby games. Her first time as a boss showed her straight up summoning other bosses by drawing imitations of them, which if combined with her ability to summon normal enemies would make for a fun moveset.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
New Twitter update on Adeleine and Ribbon!

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1021591100220268546

They look very cool! Ice Dragon is a summon she has, but that was not too surprising! She always brings Ice Dragon to battle. She also has the crystal gun! Oh, and Bandana Dee is there too! Interesting.
Only a few more days until she's added to Star Allies! I'm pretty excited!

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Finally!
Well, Ice Dragon is there, drawing food too, crystal gun as well... everything is there!
To be honest, I was hoping for some more surprise moves (I dunno, the paint wave from the Checker Board Chase minigame for example), though she's fine as she is, at least for Kirby gameplay, in Smash it's a different story.
I like that the aerial move is splitted into phases, it's also compatible with Smash, it's basically Air Up and Air Neutral.
My only concern is that she seems to be a slow character and people usually prefer the faster ones; a lot of time is spent at drawing, standing near the easel... they could have simplified the boss drawing move so that when you activate it, you see the drawings around her and select them with the directional input (kinda like Shulk's Monado Arts in Smash Ultimate); this way you wouldn't need to wait until the wanted drawing appears.

The idle animation is super cute, but that was expected :awesome:

Not bad for a return, though I'd like to see the character getting more and more development in the next games, like Metaknight changed over time, got new moves and new look. Now that she returned, she needs to stay!

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I saw the trailer and the beginning killed of cuteness right away.
THEIR INTERACTIONS WITH EACH OTHER ARE SO PURE.
Also, Ado with a Crystal gun? I found it pretty neat they even incorporated that in.
Ice Dragon and Waiu look really cool. ESPECIALLY Waiu.
I like how they had a segment with Kirby, Dedede, Bandana Dee and Adeleine with Ribbon all in the same part.
Does that mean that Bandana Dee is the same Waddle Dee from Kirby 64?

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Hey I would like be down for one of the supporters for Adeleine please, I think she'd be a great addition!

Also... I'm having trouble finding an Adeleine stamp to put into my signature... Does anyone here think they can help me with that? :nervous: he he

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Hey I would like be down for one of the supporters for Adeleine please, I think she'd be a great addition!

Also... I'm having trouble finding an Adeleine stamp to put into my signature... Does anyone here think they can help me with that? :nervous: he he
You are welcome! Anyway, I don't know about an Adeleine stamp, but if it doesn't exist I may make it myself... granted that I never made a stamp and I don't know if there is a template or something, I'll try my best (just give me some time).
Also, do you prefer it to be "Adeleine & Ribbon" or just "Adeleine"? (probably it's better to do both in any case).
EDIT: this exists, but it uses the old K64 artwork, now we have better official artworks and in-game pictures to make a stamp from:

Luminario Luminario Since some supporters are starting to show up, if you don't want to manage the supporters list, would you like if I become the owner of the thread instead? Time ago we already talked about this, so I guess you are fine with it, but I prefer to wait for a confirmation.
I say it because of this post:
Also, a couple of supporters are missing from the list, I'm sure Lisbon Mapping and Jasae Bushae are supporters too...

I don't think I would change the OP too much, I would mostly add the new supporters into the list, maybe replace broken images when I notice them, and do minor changes with updated informations (improve the history section by adding more recent stuff - Dream Friend); oh and I would remove any reference to Bandana Dee because I don't like him, if you are ok with this... :grin:.
I may also change the "our lovely-" thing because if I become the owner of the post, it would be extremely awkward to read a post where I call myself "lovely" lol, anyway thank you for that! Embarrass

This unless someone else wants to take the ownership too, I personally prefer to give it to someone else, since I have already been the owner of 2 Adeleine threads in the past (3? can't remember), and I think that changing things occasionally is good.
I know Among Waddle Dees Among Waddle Dees likes the character a lot too...

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Luminario Luminario Since some supporters are starting to show up, if you don't want to manage the supporters list, would you like if I become the owner of the thread instead? Time ago we already talked about this, so I guess you are fine with it, but I prefer to wait for a confirmation.
Sure it's probably time :laugh:. You're the OG Adeleine supporter around here anyway.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
FooltheFlames FooltheFlames I made the stamps!
They are static, no animations sadly (I may do it if you want, but it requires more time).
Choose the one you prefer:
-Adeleine
View attachment 154294
-Adeleine & Ribbon
View attachment 154295
-Adeleine & Ribbon - Cuteness Overload
View attachment 154296

I hope they work because I actually can't see them, I don't know why.

Mirror:
https://s8.postimg.cc/ozuqj15zp/Adeleine_Stamp.png
https://s8.postimg.cc/w377cwgdx/Adeleine_Ribbon_Stamp.png
https://s8.postimg.cc/bvtrklb6r/Adeleine_Ribbon_K_Stamp.png?dl=1

for some reason the site breaks the pictures every time I try to post them, so use the links please...

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
FooltheFlames FooltheFlames I made the stamps!
They are static, no animations sadly (I may do it if you want, but it requires more time).
Choose the one you prefer:
-Adeleine
View attachment 154294
-Adeleine & Ribbon
View attachment 154295
-Adeleine & Ribbon - Cuteness Overload
View attachment 154296

I hope they work because I actually can't see them, I don't know why.

Mirror:
https://s8.postimg.cc/ozuqj15zp/Adeleine_Stamp.png
https://s8.postimg.cc/w377cwgdx/Adeleine_Ribbon_Stamp.png
https://s8.postimg.cc/bvtrklb6r/Adeleine_Ribbon_K_Stamp.png?dl=1

for some reason the site breaks the pictures every time I try to post them, so use the links please...
WOW you're the best Iko! <3
I didn't actually expect anyone to go out of their way and make any.. You got me blushin' a bit over here! (.> <.)

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind have Adeleine in Smash an art based moveset has yet to be done in there, so count me as a supporter.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm becoming the new owner of the thread... I already made the new opening post (it's the same but updated), and I'm adding people to the supporter list; once the mods will move the post into this thread, it will be done.

I added Lisbon Mapping, Jasae Bushae, Ove and P.Kat to the supporter list.
Jasae Bushae and Ove didn't explicitly say that they support the character, though I assumed from their post... especially, I remember Ove from the old Adeleine thread.

WOW you're the best Iko! <3
I didn't actually expect anyone to go out of their way and make any.. You got me blushin' a bit over here! (.> <.)
lol thank you! I looked at the old thread to search for that old stamp, and I noticed that in the past I already helped you with the stamps, I merged all your stamps into a single picture to avoid the 5 pictures limit of the signature. Anyway, it was fun, and they were fast to make.

Anyway, a lot of pictures became broken links recently, though there is a trick to see them, if you open the picture in a different tab, go to the address bar, remove all the smashboards part until "http" and you replace "%3A" with ":" and "%2F" with "/", you should be able to see the picture again.
(for example, this is my signature, that now is broken: http://i.imgur.com/YJvvO67.png&hash=9f3fc19958ed47f6e178160a4040b4c4)

And this is the old stamp http://i.imgur.com/qMhnjUP.png&hash=48387eccec27da8eb6ffc09d2a192c5b

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
While she’s not really the best Kirby newcomer based on significance to her series, she’s cute, 64 was my first actual Kirby game back in the day IIRC, I’d like to see more Kirby representation, her multicolored paint attacks would visually stand out, and she could have a unique summoning moveset, so I’ll support, you can add me to the list.

By the way, when does the Wave 2 DLC actually come out? It might come out today rather than tomorrow due to time zone shenanigans (I distinctly remember playing Wave 1 the night before it was supposed to come out.) I wonder if it’ll come at 8 PM PST to coincide with Kirby_JP’s Thursday update.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
You are already in the list for some reason, KMDB added you before, when the list was created (this thread didn't have a supporter list initially), so, it's ok.

I don't really know when it will be released, I'm from Europe and my timezone is different from the Japanese and American ones, I don't really know, sorry.

EDIT: They made a new post on Twitter, the Pupupu Memories Box (a box that contains the collection of all the artworks published on Twitter for the 25th anniversary of Kirby) has a special edition, and it includes a special artwork that was published to celebrate the 100,000 followers. That artwork has a stamp with Adeleine's face on it, to indicate that the artwork is made by her :grin:
Now that I think about it, they said that Adeleine was the author, back when they published it on Twitter.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I'm becoming the new owner of the thread... I already made the new opening post (it's the same but updated), and I'm adding people to the supporter list; once the mods will move the post into this thread, it will be done.

I added Lisbon Mapping, Jasae Bushae, Ove and P.Kat to the supporter list.
Jasae Bushae and Ove didn't explicitly say that they support the character, though I assumed from their post... especially, I remember Ove from the old Adeleine thread.

lol thank you! I looked at the old thread to search for that old stamp, and I noticed that in the past I already helped you with the stamps, I merged all your stamps into a single picture to avoid the 5 pictures limit of the signature. Anyway, it was fun, and they were fast to make.

Anyway, a lot of pictures became broken links recently, though there is a trick to see them, if you open the picture in a different tab, go to the address bar, remove all the smashboards part until "http" and you replace "%3A" with ":" and "%2F" with "/", you should be able to see the picture again.
(for example, this is my signature, that now is broken: http://i.imgur.com/YJvvO67.png&hash=9f3fc19958ed47f6e178160a4040b4c4)

And this is the old stamp http://i.imgur.com/qMhnjUP.png&hash=48387eccec27da8eb6ffc09d2a192c5b
I tried those things and it definitely works when I go to edit my signature, they will start to show up again when I do. But outside of that, they don't seem to appear anywhere else :/
Not sure what's up with smashboards lately and signature pics, it's very strange..

Now that you mention it- YES I do remember you doing that for me (too bad that link is broken now too :()
thanks again for all that~ Embarrass

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Good golly, Adeleine's a sheer joy to play as in the game at the moment. Quite lost my **** at her actually painting lil' Octagon from Kirby-anime indeed. Does this imply she's seen the show? :laugh:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Good golly, Adeleine's a sheer joy to play as in the game at the moment. Quite lost my **** at her actually painting lil' Octagon from Kirby-anime indeed. Does this imply she's seen the show? :laugh:
I would not be shocked. I actually bet the developers have watched the show recently, as there is a ton of anime references in this game. I would not be shocked at this point if they later announced dream friends beyond the third wave and one of them was Escargoon.

Top Bottom