• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Additional Character and Stage Slots Have Been Discovered

In April 2015, Shiny Quaqsire originally shook the fanbase when discovered, at that time, unused audio files for Ryu, Roy and Lucas as well as stage music for Dreamland 64. Shortly after making the audio discoveries, Shiny Quaqsire found unused database entries for both characters and stages in the 3DS version.

With the 1.1.1 update, the number of unused character and stage “slots” has been increased. As of writing, there are three unused character slots, and three unused stage slots. There is some speculation that one of the stage slots may have been intended for a port of the recently released Pirate Ship stage, but those reports are not confirmed at this time.

All the entries to the character and stage databases have placeholder names. Furthermore, there is nothing in the data which indicates what these “slots” might be intended for, if anything at all. For additional, technical information on the discoveries, please refer to Wolfman_J’s article on Source Gaming.

Any ideas on what might end up in these slots? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for any updates on datamining efforts!

PushDustIn is excited to see who will be added to the roster. Tweet your predictions to him on Twitter!

Last edited:
PushDustin

Comments

What's that even supposed to mean?

What am I justifying and why do you assume I meant Sonic 06?
Because Sonic 2006 is the only game in the series (that I'm aware of) where Sonic had romantic interest in a human. *shudder* (Unless that's not what's going on here, in which case I apologize for being presumptuous.)
Sonic Unleashed had a ton of colourful human NPCs you could make friends with.
I don't recall there being anything like what happened in '06. Then again, I never played Unleashed, let alone the side quests.
And then there was Louie...
I'm pretty sure that that was Louie's idea, not Sonic's. :p

That's quite a prediction! What makes you say that?
It'll supercharge the hype if the three slots spontaneously turned into six new fighters.
What I'm saying is that I think they are adding more after these 3. It would make both of the select screens perfect rectangles. I feel that since we got 2 returning and 1 newcomer for the last Character DLC, I think we're getting 1 returning (Wolf) and 2 Newcomers.

What I'm saying is that I think they are adding more after these 3. It would make both of the select screens perfect rectangles. I feel that since we got 2 returning and 1 newcomer for the last Character DLC, I think we're getting 1 returning (Wolf) and 2 Newcomers.
Ah, okay. Interesting theory, I hope you're right. I also think it'll be 1 vet and 2 newbs, if for no other reason I think it's hard to find another decent candidate apart from Wolf. Snake maybe, but I think Rayman would be a Smash 4 fighter before Snake.

Top Bottom