• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adding some custom stages for competition?

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Not every smasher has a hacked wii. But everyone that owns Brawl has a stage builder.
There are many stages that could be fixed or brought back. And maybe we can come up with some originals and make a poll or something.

In my opinion the more stages we add the better.
Here are a few examples:

Saffron City 64

I removed the wall by placing some spikes there. Think of it as the random pokemon that pops out. The spike cause the same knockback regardless the dmg% and it causes 15%.

Dream Land 64

It was legal in 64 and melee. Now it doesn't has the tree, so it's better. But there is 1 block of difference in the side borders unfortunately.

WarioWare, Inc.

It's that exact same stage minus the hazards.

R.O.B

Here's an original of mine, where you get to fight on ROB's head. The floors are very low so there's plenty of time to recover via wall kicks and bomb recoveries. The stage is very wide making characters with projectiles have the upper hand.

Fallen Bridge

Here's another original, testing falling blocks. The platforms are a mix of mario circuit and Bridge of Eldin.

Big O

Here's a large stage with the big wheel platform in the middle.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying: "Hey! Look at my stages" I'm just saying that we are ignoring the possibility of having a larger variety of legal stages to the metagame.
I'd like to here some feedback from the community. Maybe we can open a new stage contest that actually goes through.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I almost feel bad for someone putting this kind of legit effort on something...
People don't even add avaliable stages that have nothing wrong with them, it would take ages for someone to consider custom stages.

Also, some people with hacked wii's MUST have all custom stages deleted.... just sayin'...

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
so in order to have infinite replays, you can't have custom stages? If so, replays probably get priority. But any other hack (texture, for example) should take a backseat to being able to add depth to a game... But I do agree that it's never going to happen, although it should.

cHp

Smash Apprentice
actually that's not true. you can usually have hacks and custom stages on at the same time. most hacks will specify if whether or not they're compatible with custom stages.

Pony

Smash Apprentice
I'd definitely like to see Saffron City and Dreamland 64 in tournament.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
cHp: that depends on the setup itself. If it has already been hacked, it would be no problem, but if they use Stack Smash, they would need to delete them.
Having them in extra SDs could work, but you would need an SD for each wii and one extra SD with the Stack Smash... that's a lot of SDs.....

Tesh

Smash Hero
I actually really liked the platform layout for Wario Ware. Too bad you can't make custom stages with solid bottoms all the way to the blast zone.

Vader_the_White

Smash Rookie
I personally would be all for custom levels allowed in competitive, but what levels allowed would have to be decided ahead of time and they would need to be constantly checked for anyone who has unfairly modded them. Plus, any non-competitive would need to be deleted from the Wii since you can't ban select custom level from random level select.
It would be cool, but more work than usual would need to be done to monitor them.

PS: I will try out those custom levels!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I supported this in the past, and continue to. Going to be looking into experimenting more with them.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Would there have to be an entire committee dedicated to this? If we could all use the same stages it could work, and I'd be all for it.

I always figured that custom stages would work better in tournament circuits.

For example, it would be much better if MLG took up custom stages, compared to some random local in North Dakota.

Top Bottom