• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ActiveGamers:Coast2Coast (REGISTER ONLINE BY THURSDAY 9/24 TO AVOID FEES!) 9/26 & 27

HugS™

Smash Lord
Edrees's sponsorship deal allows him to receive a total of 2 ounces of my respect every week for a 6 month period.

Congratulations Edrees, you earned it.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
count me in. i havent been to a melee tourney in soooo long. come to think about it i havent been to a smash tourney since axis haha ;)

joeplicate

Smash Master
this tournament is going to be so good

my goal is to get a sponsorship :D
if not at this one, then at the next
man I can't wait

HugS™

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, there's a contest going on over at AIB for free food, free doubles entry, and free singles entry, so go over and check it out:

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=30181

Basically, we're gonna put up a picture of some smasher's EX or Current Girlfriend/Boyfriend, and you will have to guess what smasher that person belongs to.

You could win one of those prizes mentioned prior.

Are you going to be running pools for singles and doubles at this?
I will run Singles pools if there are at least 128 entrants.
I will run doubles pools if there are at least 64 teams.

Otherwise, we'll be doing this the old fashioned bracket way.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I will run Singles pools if there are at least 128 entrants.
I will run doubles pools if there are at least 64 teams.

Otherwise, we'll be doing this the old fashioned bracket way.
Thats kind of disappointing. Mango Juice had exactly 128 entrants, and at a lower entry fee [and with more hype going in].

I understand not doing pools for teams, as it often has significantly less entrants. But if this is supposedto be a National tournament, I don't see why there wouldn't be pools.

pockyD

Smash Legend
since there will be time to do pools (since you'd be doing them with MORE people), I think you can afford to just commit to doing pools regardless of the turnout

HugS™

Smash Lord
I always thought they were a waste of time if there weren't enough entrants.

I always saw pools as more of a time saver than an entertaining draw to the tournament.

Knowing that you all want it now, I'd have no problem doing pools regardless of the turnout. Cool?

HugS™

Smash Lord
lol to be honest I was always kind of scared of pools.

Like if you do bad in bracket your name is still up there somewhere in the results.

If you get knocked out in pools, it's like you didn't even enter. And with the randomness involved in pools, like if m2k decided to lose to drephen, as a 1st seed, I could end up with m2k in my 2nd round of pools. There was always that fear in me that I wouldn't make it out.

Actually, I almost got knocked out of pools @ SCC by ultraluigi and Simna. Had I lost my 3rd round to simna, I woulda placed something like 97th @ SCC. Scary ****.

pockyD

Smash Legend
but you would have lost to simna, so your placing would have been what you deserved :laugh:

and nowadays people lump in pool results with everyone else (i.e. 32 pools top 2 make it out, all 3rd places in pools get 65th place, 4th placers get 97th, etc)

HugS™

Smash Lord
Well I know they do still give you a placing, but the way I see it, the tournament never really started until brackets began. So if I didn't make it out...well idk how I'd feel. But it scared me. Haha.

Oh, and simna was **** close to beating me. He 3 stocked me the 1st game on what would have been my counter pick. So he had a major advantage in that he could take me wherever he wanted 3rd match, and I was out of a solid counter pick stage. I got extremely mad and had to cool down otherwise I knew I would have lost the set.

So as expected, he took me to corneria, tried to regain health from the Great Fox and got shot up to death in the process. So I ended up winning. Ultra Luigi did 2-0 me though...******** pools, a ness, 2 luigis, and a pikachu. I'm pretty sure Snap was in that pool too.

Rickety

Peace and Love
I can't swim, that's why I never make it out of. . .

I'm with Hugo one-hundred percent on this one! If I do bad in the bracket (like I always do), I can make lots and lots of bracket johns. There's too much nervousness in pools! I think it's because I'm too stinky at Super Smash Brothers, though.

Oh, and Hugo! About that Super Champ Combo pool of yours. . .

Singles Pools round 1 (entered as Rickety)
Defeated DRGN
Defeated forkgirl
Defeated Tudios
Defeated Azen
Oh snap! <3
Defeated Straight
Placed 1 out of 6

Singles Pools round 2 (entered as Rickety)
Lost to HugS
Defeated Mr. X
Defeated Simna ibn Sind
Defeated Teba
Lost to Ultra Luigi
Placed 3 out of 6

I can't believe I lost to some whack Samus in my pool! <3

Hi, MacD! <3

MacD

Banned via Administration
Hey everyone, there's a contest going on over at AIB for free food, free doubles entry, and free singles entry, so go over and check it out:

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=30181

Basically, we're gonna put up a picture of some smasher's EX or Current Girlfriend/Boyfriend, and you will have to guess what smasher that person belongs to.

You could win one of those prizes mentioned prior.
if you put up the pic we sent you of our current/ex, do we get anything, or people just find out how hot/ugly of a person you can get

Hi Hi Hi Rickety!!!!!!! <3 PS play more melee, it's good for you

Atlus8

Smash Master
Pools yay! SCC!

Singles Pools round 1 (entered as Atlus)
Lost to ChuDat
Lost to Drunken Parakeet
Defeated Jamo
Defeated Teet
Defeated Teba
Placed 2 out of 6

Singles Pools round 2 (entered as Atlus)
Lost to Azen
Defeated Champ
Lost to Evilnemesis
Lost to s-royal
Lost to Wobbles
Placed 5 out of 6

I remember 2nd round of pools . . . I remember . . .

Seriously, it is such an honor to be in the bracket right after 2nd round of pools! (I didn't make it out!) :(

pockyD

Smash Legend
I don't understand why something like "97. you" is more satisfying than not making it out of brackets

or why you'd prefer to complain about playing someone like mango first round as opposed to having the chance to avoid playing him first round by performing well in your pool

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hi, MacD! <3

Why do you always
Hi, MacD! <3
?

who would want to talk to that guy
Brian, you're so silly! Who wouldn't want to
Hi, MacD! <3
? Why, I wish I could
Hi, MacD! <3
all day long! <3

if you put up the pic we sent you of our current/ex, do we get anything, or people just find out how hot/ugly of a person you can get

Hi Hi Hi Rickety!!!!!!! <3 PS play more melee, it's good for you
Yes, yes! Besides pesky things like contributing to an awesome tournament held by a super-cool-and-selfless-guy-named-Hugo, maybe people that submit pictures of their hot girlfriends should get something special. I like looking at hot pix of hot chicks, all day, all the time. <3

Hi, MacD! <3

<3

Also, reading this:

Hi said:
made me literally laugh out loud. Lol Irl, yes? <3

Hi Hi Hi MacD!!!!!!! <3 PS I want to play more melee, I know that it's good for me, but I don't have anyone to show me the ways of the down-smash! <3

DJMirror

Smash Master
Thatbsucks I met taj only once and that was at genesis :( is axe going to be in this tournament

Kira-

Smash Champion
so we dont get anything for submitting a picture? **** i thought i could get props AND money off.

At least let me get free entry to one event !!

Singles Pools round 2 (entered as Atlus)
Lost to Azen
Defeated Champ
Lost to Evilnemesis
Lost to s-royal
Lost to Wobbles
Placed 5 out of 6
wow that is hard.. and i thought I had a death pool.

HugS™

Smash Lord
so we dont get anything for submitting a picture? **** i thought i could get props AND money off.

At least let me get free entry to one event !!

wow that is hard.. and i thought I had a death pool.
OK new addition to the rules...

If you submit a picture AND it gets used AND you attend, you get a free creepy burger on me :)
Single cheeseburger, *****es. Nothing fancy.
If you submit the picture AND no one manages to guess correctly, you'll get an entire meal on me, any sized burger offered.

That's a small incentive to discourage people from telling their friends who it is.

If you don't like creepy burgers I'll just kick you the money.
It'll come out of my own pocket, so I won't offer anything more extravagant at the moment.

Top Bottom