• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Koky why did you change your name to aisight? Wasn't Ankoku good enough?
Anyways, has Sheik done anything yet, or is she still like crushed under the weight of the competeion and poorly supported by those who main her?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I changed my name 'cause I felt like it.
Ask Judo how poorly supported Sheik is.

Judo777

Smash Master
I changed my name 'cause I felt like it.
Ask Judo how poorly supported Sheik is.
I mean I'm doing ok with her lol. I beat Logic at the last tournament I played at along with a few other big names here in the MW.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Building an active Sheik mains roster in OP. Post up if I missed you or you want to fill in location/tournament information.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So how do people do their DACUS? I think I input something like
:stick6: :cstick2: :stick9: :stick8: :abutton:
but my consistency is ****.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
//lurker status

To dacus, if you've set L/R to attack, you can simply

Diagonal makes you run, cstick down gives a dash attack and diagonal makes the attack an usmash too

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
:stick6: :cstick2: :stick9: :stick8: :rtrigger:

clowsui

Smash Legend
:stick9: :stick8: has a very specific rhythm to it, you kinda gotta just internalize it. idk my stick makes a certain sound when i get it right

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think the biggest problem is consistency with air release -> DACUS, the largest problem I see is that people do it too soon and do a dsmash or dash attack. I think a really good visual cue that helped me get my consistency up was watching MK, once he does/begins a little "flip" from the air release, you're pretty much free to DACUS.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I will be streaming tonight hopefully, look forward to my sheik in dubs!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'll post results when I have them.

Just a lot of cleaning up needing to be done. We did pools and I got 2nd seed only losing to DRN. Then in bracket I go 0-2 losing to Ryo and 4GOD. I think I threw my controller shortly there after just out of disappointment. I recovered from it though and view it as a bump in the road, just gotta pick myself back up.

I think the final result was like either 9th or 13th out of like 35+, running an 18 man bracket from pools. Gotta get better!

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
:stick6: :cstick2: :stick9: :stick8: :rtrigger:

Where R button is attack. On CCPro, btw. I have about 95% consistency, I just sort of mentally go "dash attack, then everything else at the same time" and get it.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I'll post results when I have them.

Just a lot of cleaning up needing to be done. We did pools and I got 2nd seed only losing to DRN. Then in bracket I go 0-2 losing to Ryo and 4GOD. I think I threw my controller shortly there after just out of disappointment. I recovered from it though and view it as a bump in the road, just gotta pick myself back up.

I think the final result was like either 9th or 13th out of like 35+, running an 18 man bracket from pools. Gotta get better!

That's the spirit >:D

I play DRN and 4GOD A LOT with sheik, not to mention they are really good players. 4GOD also has a friend in college he plays all the time, who also plays some sheik.

We definitely need to have that Sheik tv at apex again where we can do some crazy friendlies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I got 2nd out of 12 in amateur brackets yesterday, which is equivalent to 10th out of 20 in total. :p

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I saw Judo get... well, ***** at Revenge. Lost to Shugo and Pink Fresh. Finished at 7th or 9th.

What happened in both those matches, Judo? I missed the PF one entirely.

I still play Sheik, Aisight. From Columbus, Ohio and I guess my best placement was 17th at some Columbus tournament.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I played Oats in friendlies at Genesis 2, I didn't really do the grab release/air release stuff, but it seems pretty even when you don't. Lucas has a deceptively good air game.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
what did I miss?
I doubt much of anything. Lucas is still bad, and we still beat him fairly well. Maybe not as much as we thought, but it's still bad.

Character limitations and player skill levels aren't really the same thing.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
ScaryLB59 said:
At least you made it out of pools, lol. I guess for my first time back in a long time I didn't do so bad, but I'm still disappointed in myself. Oh well, next time will be different. I ensure it. =)

Edit: Sorry for the double post, just realized it, lol

I saw Judo get... well, ***** at Revenge. Lost to Shugo and Pink Fresh. Finished at 7th or 9th.

I still play Sheik, Aisight. From Columbus, Ohio and I guess my best placement was 17th at some Columbus tournament.

Shugo is amazing, how is losing to him getting *****? Like getting 7th or 9th at a regional is pretty good, now if he hadn't made it out of pools...

Judo777

Smash Master

Against PF I wasn't in the right mindset. I didn't want to be super gay and GR his Lucas to death so I didn't until it was game 2. Game 2 I still didn't really want to until he took my first stock. Then I started bringing it back but it was too little too late. He even told me had it gone to game 3 I had a good chance at winning since I figured him out some game 2. I also whiffed GR DACUS for game twice game 2 and tripped for a game winning punish.

Shugo just beat me cause Shugo is insane. Granted I wasn't at my best (I actually wanted to quit BEFORE bracket AND before the crew battle because I had 3 Warios, MJG, 2 IC's and a Marth in my pool and by the time I got out I was spent.) I used up a lot of what I had left in crews (where I did really well, took 6 stocks with my 3) and it didn't help I had only gotten 4 hours of sleep the night before. That said Shugo is (at least from the impression I got playing him) an entire tier above anyone else I have ever played in the midwest.

That said I still did awesome at this tournament getting second seed in Pool's losing only to MJG, and beating both BPow and Blue Rogue. In crews I took Kains last stock, all 3 of Fino's stocks with Zelda vs his IC's on FD, and 2 of Domo's MK's stocks. I'm not upset with how I played at all, I just wanted to stop before bracket started.

I would have quit..... but then I would have got carded.

Top Bottom