• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action replay for brawl

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
In melee most of you know how you could use the action replay for many things like playing as master hand or playing on adventure mode stages. Well in brawl it would be even better.
Maybe you could play as bosses or enemies from the sse. Isnt this a great idea. Maybe there is even more things hidden on the disc that we dont know about. What do you think.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
There won't be an Action Replay for Wii. The updates would cancel out the AR if you tried. You would have to buy a new AR for every update. That's why they aren't making one for the Wii.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
i made a thread like this be4 and youko closed it in a heartbeat.... Youko.... Where are you?

jonkil

Smash Apprentice
Why would you want an ar. it would take away from game play cause you would always want to use it. makeing things slower/faster then they should, playing with chars that are not in or shouldnt be played cause it would only make you want to play as them more then some regular char(imo).

hectichobo

Smash Ace
i herd something about a plan for a gameshark for wii though.... i cant remember where i herd it

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Why would you want an ar. it would take away from game play cause you would always want to use it. makeing things slower/faster then they should, playing with chars that are not in or shouldnt be played cause it would only make you want to play as them more then some regular char(imo).
The hell's wrong with that? lol.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
The game isn't even out yet, and people are already looking for crap that the game doesn't inherently include.

Learn to AT LEAST enjoy what the game has to offer before delving into the unintended programming.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
In melee most of you know how you could use the action replay for many things like playing as master hand or playing on adventure mode stages. Well in brawl it would be even better.
Maybe you could play as bosses or enemies from the sse. Isnt this a great idea. Maybe there is even more things hidden on the disc that we dont know about. What do you think.
I think you should use question marks.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Yeah, we need something like this. There definitely isn't enough to do in Brawl as it is >_>

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
I would use it for after I unlocking everything with no cheats then see what else i could do with cheats for fun.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
The game isn't even out yet, and people are already looking for crap that the game doesn't inherently include.

Learn to AT LEAST enjoy what the game has to offer before delving into the unintended programming.

....^This

Qlink

Smash Apprentice
Ar is cheating if you use it on wii. If you play ar on wifi then your a loser...The only way ar is good is if your doing it offline or on a non wifi game

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I don't understand why everyone seem to be ripping on this guy.

AR would be a great achievement for brawl as we be able to find the frame data of characters, easily explore new glitches, and find many many other interesting thing in general about brawl.

Also someone stated that a update would kill AR well even if that was true all you had to was not allow your Wii get updated.

Edit: We could also once and for all find out the mystery's of tripping/slipping.

NintendoGX159

Smash Cadet

AR would be a great achievement for brawl as we be able to find the frame data of characters, easily explore new glitches, and find many many other interesting thing in general about brawl.

Also someone stated that a update would kill AR well even if that was true all you had to was not allow your Wii get updated.

Edit: We could also once and for all find out the mystery's of tripping/slipping.
Agreed I wanna know if I will be able to have Ridley Vs. Meta Ridley on a stage in SSE LOL

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice

There are holes in your logic...

1. Each update updates the firmware of the Wii. The AR must be able to basically hack into the coding of the Wii in order to act the way it does on games. Changing firmware kills the ability of it to do so.

2. New game releases come with updates in the game discs. If you don't have to update the game disc will automatically update it for you the moment you put it in.

3. "Glitches aren't found via AR or any cheating device... >_> No game code AT ALL is read via cheating devices, in order to find the secret of tripping and "glitches" you have to be able to find a way to read the game code yourself, or simply use trial and error.

Yes they are out of order. So what? :p

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
ar is great to look at the things the developer had access too but the gamer does not. It is a great learning tool, and amazingly fun. THe debug menu in melee was great. It also helps you understand charcter hitboxes and some glitches like the yoyo glitch. I hope they can make an updateable AR that can be used.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
this would be an amazing thing! playing as anybody! omg i cant wait!! but i heard there is a risk of ruining the game...is it worth the risk??? ohhhhhh i dont know anymore!.....

free stuff!!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
There are holes in your logic...

1. Each update updates the firmware of the Wii. The AR must be able to basically hack into the coding of the Wii in order to act the way it does on games. Changing firmware kills the ability of it to do so.

2. New game releases come with updates in the game discs. If you don't have to update the game disc will automatically update it for you the moment you put it in.

3. "Glitches aren't found via AR or any cheating device... >_> No game code AT ALL is read via cheating devices, in order to find the secret of tripping and "glitches" you have to be able to find a way to read the game code yourself, or simply use trial and error.

Yes they are out of order. So what? :p

1. So don't get the firmware updates, problem solved. Sure I guess that means you could never go online again with your Wii but I see no problem with that Brawl online isn't going to be that fun.
2. More or less the same thing as one.
3. Well they might not be found directly because of the "cheating device" but even so with the ability to slow the game down frame by frame we will be able to see things that the normal human eyes can't detect.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
1. So don't get the firmware updates, problem solved. Sure I guess that means you could never go online again with your Wii but I see no problem with that Brawl online isn't going to be that fun.
2. More or less the same thing as one.
t.
I dont believe you can play the new games without accepting the updates

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I don't know about that because that would mean that if someone lived in a area with no wireless internet they wouldn't be able to play any of their Wii games.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about that because that would mean that if someone lived in a area with no wireless internet they wouldn't be able to play any of their Wii games.
The updates come with the game itself...no internet access is required.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I think I have heard rumors of an Action Replay for the Wii, the creators of the Action Replay also stated that they would deactivate the it for Nintendo Wi-Fi so not to get on Nintendo's bad side and let them publish the product.

otter

Smash Ace
As long as it stays out of competition that's my only thing. You know there are alot of poor sports who would be using 1/2 knockback and trash like that.

Top Bottom