• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the new stages...

DeployableMuffin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DaRaginAsian
3DS FC
4725-9074-1531
I noticed that the new stages borrow music that already exist in other stages. I thought Sakurai wouldn't do that, just didn't really seem like something that would happen, reusing music and all.

So now that we know this is a thing, it opens up to more stages returning as DLC right? Like Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story Melee, or even Poke Floats (yes i like that stage im sorry).

What do you guys think of this?

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind that they're reusing music, but I will admit it feels a little lazy seeing as both of them use pretty much every song of their franchises that's in the game. Super Mario Maker has the awesome Style Switch track and the remix of the title theme, at least, but Pirate Ship having no new music is pretty disappointing.

Both stages themselves are amazing, though, so I'm completely happy.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
It's completely fine with me. I'm not going to kill Sakurai because of anything I happen to dislike. I respect him and his choices entirely, even if that includes ones I don't particularly agree with.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I have not gotten the new Stages yet, but will be later in the day. As for what I think for re-using Stage Music I honestly don't think it's a terrible thing really. I had a feeling it was bound to happen at some point with Stage DLC and feel as if they don't have to make new songs for every single one that comes out. I'm just happy we got new ones, especially Pirate Ship back. That's all that matters to me.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
This makes me more optimistic about future DLC stages-- now any of them are possible.

Also, slightly off-topic, the free Duck Hunt stage on the 3DS makes me think they might to the same for other stages later. We might get free Wii U Corneria or Magicant at some point.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd be happy with Fountain of Dreams.

The only thing missing from Pirate Ship, in my opinion, is Molgera Battle - love it~

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
I'm glad I can finally play Gerudo Valley and the new Great Sea remix on a suitable stage, through the original great sea sounded better on this stage. Dark World/Dark World Dungeon, The Legend of Zelda Medley, and Ocarina of Time Medley all sound great though why they included those but not Full Steam Ahead is anybodies guess but oh well I'm happy they are starting to not care about duplicating songs and it's pretty awesome. If only they could've done the same thing with Dreamland and having music from The GCO and the Haliberd.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't mind that they're reusing music, but I will admit it feels a little lazy seeing as both of them use pretty much every song of their franchises that's in the game. Super Mario Maker has the awesome Style Switch track and the remix of the title theme, at least, but Pirate Ship having no new music is pretty disappointing.

Both stages themselves are amazing, though, so I'm completely happy.
Pirate Ship does get one new BGM track if you haven't downloaded Hyrule Castle 64.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Ah, 4chan for people who don't want to be associated with 4chan.

Yea, not believing it without better evidence than that.

Either way, more stages will be nice, returning or new. And apparently there are placeholders in the files for several.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Eh, the main problem I have with it is how bomberman gets snake's moveset. I know it's not one to one but I cannot see a whole lot crossing over.

Edit: so to stay on topic, I'm not 100% convinced and still hope for returning stages. Specifically 2 returning Pokemon stages to go with Mario and Zelda because patterns are awesome

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Eh, the main problem I have with it is how bomberman gets snake's moveset. I know it's not one to one but I cannot see a whole lot crossing over.

Edit: so to stay on topic, I'm not 100% convinced and still hope for returning stages. Specifically 2 returning Pokemon stages to go with Mario and Zelda because patterns are awesome
Saffron City (N64 trend), then either Stadium 1 or Pokefloats (though I'd freaking love Spear Pillar, personally).

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Saffron City (N64 trend), then either Stadium 1 or Pokefloats (though I'd freaking love Spear Pillar, personally).
I'd love to see Spear Pillar back. Imagine Mega Man's Final Smash in glorious Dialga-induced slow motion!

That said, as far as Poké Floats and Pokémon Stadium are concerned, what I'd really like to see is a new Poké Floats with Pokémon from Gen I through Gen VI, and a new Pokémon Stadium with a form for all 18 types (the default form being the Normal-type form).

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I'd personally love for Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's story to return. More stage variety would be nice for the competitive scene considering most pros just like going to Smashville or Town and City...

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'd personally love for Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's story to return. More stage variety would be nice for the competitive scene considering most pros just like going to Smashville or Town and City...
While I agree more variety would be nice, we have enough completely viable stages that you start running into time issues (just like running too-big FLSS lists). I'm also not convinced people would ditch the Animal Crossing stages at this point, they're too engrained.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Sorry to blow your bubble but pirate ship will be the last returning stage
Yeah, this is just another fake "leak" like the rest of them. It'll be eventually shot down and forgotten.

As for stages reusing music, I love the idea. Now other great stages have a chance of returning. And who can say no to that?

Plus, with the Duck Hunt stage migrating to the 3DS, we could even see version exclusive stages appear on the opposite version.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I guess it means they can add more stages without having to worry about making new soundtracks for them. Personally, I think Fountain of Dreams would be awesome for the competitive scene. I just want some more stages to mix up the same old, same old.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Getting some new music is cool... but old music is hardly a deal breaker.

This makes me more optimistic about future DLC stages-- now any of them are possible.

Also, slightly off-topic, the free Duck Hunt stage on the 3DS makes me think they might to the same for other stages later. We might get free Wii U Corneria or Magicant at some point.

I am doubting the Wii U gets anything free.

I think it was done because the Wii U was getting a stage that wouldn't run on the weaker 3ds hardware... so this ensured that 3ds owners got something to get excited about.

I hope you are right and I am wrong... I want a 3ds map pack for the Wii U pretty badly. (And would be ok with 3ds owners getting console stages as well.)

Top Bottom