• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Mewtwo being playable....

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
You all say that he can't be because he is a coin launcher trophy and character trophies must be unlocked through Classic, Adventure, and All-Star, but what if it was the trophy of Armored Mewtwo? Armored mewtwo wouldn't be a normally unlocked trophy. And it is plausable because in the past there HAVE been character variation trophies (Paper Mario, Kirby hats, etc.) So there is still a chance of him making it in NA and PAL with Roy.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
I meant that Armored Mewtwo is the trophy shown behind the glass.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
"Armored mewtwo"? Are you referring to the first pokemon movie? I HIGHLY doubt that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And is it Amored Mewtwo?
The world may never know..

Another idea, is what if that trophy is not there in the finished NA version, and when Mewtwo is DL'd into the *** version, his trophy is "relocated" to classic mode.

Thats another theory.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo's armor was only in the anime, thus I highly doubt it would appear in Brawl. Then again, the character design for the Misty trophy in Melee was her anime design...

Regardless, there being a Mewtwo torphy doesn't disporve the rumor anyway, remember ROB?

It's still unlikey, but whatever.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
I might have missed something, but do we even know if there will be PC trophies you can earn through classic/sse/allstar? I haven't seen any info about that--it should be in, but if it isn't, then Mewtwo could feasibly (very unlikely, but feasibly) be in (along with Roy, which sucks). Even so, there are extra trophies of Potatohead, right?

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Mewtwo's armor was only in the anime, thus I highly doubt it would appear in Brawl. Then again, the character design for the Misty trophy in Melee was her anime design...

Regardless, there being a Mewtwo torphy doesn't disporve the rumor anyway, remember ROB?

It's still unlikey, but whatever.
And Jigglypuff being in is due to the anime's popularity...>_>

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
Armored Mewtwo would be a ****ing badass alt costume, but I know it's impossible because that was only in anime and the fact that Mewtwo isn't even playable. I hope the rumor turns out to be true, but I'm not holding my breath.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i doubt he is in the game..i have seen english versions where people have everyone unlocked and no mewtwo, but they might be DLC..i would rather see mewtwo make a return then roy, seeing as we already have a heavy Fire Emblem character.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he'll be in the game... I just don't see it happening.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
And Jigglypuff being in is due to the anime's popularity...>_>
And Lucario, for that matter. The aromor originated from and exists soley in the anime, however.
Sure, it isn't impossible, but I'm betting no. Who knows, maybe they'll add Ash as an alt. for PT ^_^

Wait, in that vid, there was a trophy of Fox's Assult design. Intersting...

edit: w00t, 100 posts

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
And Lucario, for that matter. The aromor originated from and exist soley in the anime, however.
Sure, it isn't impossible, but I'm betting no. Who knows, maybe they'll add Ash as an alt. for PT ^_^

Wait, in that vid, there was a trophy of Fox's Assult design. Intersting...

I was just about to point that Fox thing out. That kind of changes things. Plus the Mewtwo trophy model looks kind of ****ty graphically so that's something to think about.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Well, there are trophies of R.O.B. as an enemy in the SSE, and there's even a couple of Paper Bowser trophies that you can get in the Coin Launcher mode. Why can't Mewtwo have multiple trophies as well? =/

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
I watched the video, and nearly crapped my pants. Still, they have other Mario/Kirby trophies right? Even if they're not announced, I'm still hoping, and once AR Wii cvomes out, I'm Hacking.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Alt colors have already been shown. I'm still pissed they didn't call him REd.

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
I thought for sure PT would have a blue jacket/red hat alt costume as at least a little bit of a nod to Ash.

Is Action Replay definitely coming to Wii?

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Mhm. Announced, release date still kinda unknown. People say stuff, but it wasn't confirmed. Most likely June.

spindash

Smash Ace
Lol. I can't believe I didn't know about that before. This hurts Mewtwo's chances:cry:
It hurts but can also strengthen his chances too. There's a Mario trophy in his Mario Strikers uniform with the ball, to my knowledge. There is also a trophy of Toon Link in his more casual attire before aquiring the garments of the hero.

In this trophy, Mewtwo has particles of what look to be debris (I could be wrong) floating about him. Now, every trophy that we've seen SO far of the Brawl designs for characters don't have anything extra of special to them. Even Lucario doesn't have the aura glow about it's hands like it does when in-game fighting.

I may be grasping at straws here, but it's possible that Mewtwo's classic trophy has no little debris about him to emphasize on his epic Psychic powers, and may just be of him only. The All-Star one would obviously be of his Final Smash.

And in my opinion, the Trophy of Mewtwo that we're seeing now doesn't look up to date when it comes to graphics of the playable Brawl characters.

Personally I'm inclined to believe Roy and Mewtwo's appearance in Brawl. But if it's false, then there's still nothing stopping this from being a fantastic game. ^^

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
My opinion is Mewtwo>world I always admired Mewtwo as my favorite pokemon and one of my top 5 favorite fictional characters. Roy I would like but could live without however.

Gymclass_Hero

Smash Cadet
i doubt he is in the game..i have seen english versions where people have everyone unlocked and no mewtwo, but they might be DLC..i would rather see mewtwo make a return then roy, seeing as we already have a heavy Fire Emblem character.
We also already had a blue haired fire emblem swordsmen, but that didn't stop Marth from returning. And Lucario moves similar to Mewtwo in Brawl.

willtheshadow

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo having a teophy means nothing. In melee a few characters had more than one trophy. The first would detail the character and their hisory and the charaster trophy actually detailed the character as they appeared in melee. Such as moves and playstyle. And to those of you who still have the delusion that DLC is not possible, then I dsirect you to the fact on the dojo that states you can download a new map everyday.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is not SIMILAR to Mewtwo, one move is nothing. The fact that ONE move means Mewtwo is like Lucario i slike saying ONE MOVE made Mewtwo a Samus Clone.

Top Bottom