• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A weird yo-yo incident.

hpkomic

Smash Rookie
I am in no way a great smasher, and don't think I'll ever be. I do love playing Ness and I do pretty well with him. I discovered something that was new to me, and I was wondering if anyone knows what the hell this was.

I was playing against Sonic on Smashville, and after a while, I noticed Ness's yo-yo was out and hanging around in front of him as I was playing. I really, really wish I saved a replay of this. Anyway, I was able to have the yo-yo out for a long time, and do all my other techniques, but when I tried the yo-yo again, it went back to normal. I mean, the yo-yo was just floating in front of Ness or behind him depending on the direction I faced. I didn't notice it doing anything as it was just kind of there.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them? Do you have any idea what causes this?

Appologies if this is old news at all, I searched the forum for other instances of this happening but saw none, so I figured I'd ask.

Wardub

Smash Cadet
Do you remember how it happened? Someone else reported this happening but we don't know what causes it. I'm still semi skeptical.

hpkomic

Smash Rookie
I've developed a bad habit of dashing forward and sliding into an upsmash instead of a normal dash attack lately. I'm really not sure what happened, but that's probably my best guess right now. Maybe one of Sonic's moves caused the smash to get interrupted and glitch out or something.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Wow this souds cool. That's enough witneses for me to believe its true.

Now once we figure out this new YYG. we have to figure out how to keep the hitbox out :)

DD151

Smash Journeyman
i'm pretty sure that this is only a graphical glitch like the pkt2 sparks in melee

having a yoyo hitbox perpetually in front of ness does seem pretty cool though

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
I'm mad because I guess I only took that picture... and had to take a picture of that picture. T_T embarassinggggggggg

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's probably like the GAW glitch in Melee with his turtle. I'm guessing you got hit with a weak attack while you were charging, or preparing to charge, or while in the attack animation. The GAW turtle glitch had to do with hitting lost of collision bubble, in the form of MKI blocks....

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
Okaaaaaaaaay... you didn't have to outdo my pic like that. Better background, better costume, better quality, and there are TWO..... whateva.............................................................. u_u

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
we need to figure this out. Ness needs a glitch so he can finally have a fair fight with Lucas (though either way Ness wins). Even if this glitch doesn't have attacking properties, it could be used for mindgames or something along those lines...

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Ness and Lucas are EQUAL! Ness controls the air! Lucas the ground I said it before and I'll say it again. Ness-Lucas.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
yes they did....because you are raining on their parade

btw did anyone to think to tell if this glitch does anything or is it just an animation?

Yeah Simna, it's long since been revealed that these yoyos do nothing but look cool. I'm just looking into all possibilities. Maybe a slight tweak in how it's done will result in a hitbox staying out or something.

Makai

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Simna, it's long since been revealed that these yoyos do nothing but look cool. I'm just looking into all possibilities. Maybe a slight tweak in how it's done will result in a hitbox staying out or something.
It looks too hard to activate to be used in a tournament setting, even if it was somehow useful (which itisn't).

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
No, Lucas or Toon Link are the glitchiest characters.

And to everyone saying Ness/Lucas are different and can't be compared. Stop it! Of course they're different, we all know they're different, but it doesn't mean they can't be compared! One of them MUST be overall more useful than the other, but we just don't know which one it is.

pirkid

Smash Lord
And Ness' head is also as big as his body, that must have something to do with his glitchyness.
Of course.

This happened to me today, but for a few seconds only. Lucario executed a SideB long-range on me as I charged my D-Smash. I got scraped. Like this:

But, for some reason, Ness stopped charging, and the yo-yo stayed in front of him. I didn't flinch, but I stopped.
However, me being an idiot, spammer'd the smash again without realizing. The smash was executed, and the yo-yo disappeared. The match was too long to take a replay of it, and I don't have any proper video-taking cameras anyways.

But, who knows. He will always be the Glitch master.

Top Bottom