• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A thing I wish to say about people who are popular and celebrities

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now, we probably learned about that Emile person, also known as Chugga (I forgot his full aliases). He has done some pretty bad things, things bad to the point that I dare not speak of what they are. But this topic is not about him, for it is about Youtubers and popular people or celebrities in general. They can do bad things themselves. I wish to say something about it.

Now, to start it off, as I told Shroob Shroob in a PM, I'd like to repost something I said about the factors as to why even celebrities can do bad things, which is this...

"I think people like him becoming the way they are has to do with these: the environment around them, how they are raised, how well they are educated, their personality traits and nature and most importantly, if they can overcome any personal life problems they have, internally and externally. It also can do with their relationships or what kinds of friends they have, if they have any. Those things do shape a person, but some of them don’t get shaped the proper way or well enough, so with the lack of those, not only do they get corrupted by things like popularity, but they are more likely to end up as bad people in any way. And it does not help that they do not seem the help they need."

Now, I have always thought that popularity itself can, and is a form of drug, a form of power, and a psychological need. We are under the illusion that we need to be popular. We may need some friends, sure, but we don't actually need to be among the most popular of people. Either way, popularity can be abused, and be used to take advantage of others in many ways, and like other forms of power, it can corrupt people too, and it is like a drug because having it feels good. The more you have of it, the better it seems. Still, some people are just not responsible enough to use the form of power that is popularity, and with the factors I stated above possibly not being met, it can make the kind of person who is popular even worse of a person, waiting to do something bad that people who like the popular person not see the bad in them until it is too late.

Still, from my observation, people who are fans of the popular person only seem to care about the positive things they have done, which I do not think things like making good videos or doing pieces of art would be comparable to actually being a good, kind person. Either way, those fans do not seem to care about the negatives the popular people or celebrities may have, as too many people discard the negatives on too many occasions. Even then, they might not think the negatives would matter, so they would still defend the popular people/celebrities blindly. That said, seeing only positives in people in any way is like trying to be perfect. What I mean is that the people look at the positives of people so much that they don't end up knowing why a person might be bad or they may not learn to avoid them when they should, just like how trying to be perfect means you won't learn from mistakes you are best having to learn from.

On the topic of parents and how people are raised, I do think too many parents do not monitor their kids' activity online, or otherwise raise them properly. I feel that some parents are too young or have not been properly raised to have kids, and that can create problems for future generations in many ways. Even then, another said truth is that some people do not grow up being smart or raised well, and do not learn from essential things properly, which also causes things like ignorance or even crime. I feel that parents nowadays aren't doing much to prevent kids from meeting the wrong people or making sure that they know what to do in bad situations that they may find themselves in. It is fruitful to try to avoid the bad things, and people cannot run from them forever, neither can they do bad things forever if they wished to do so.

Now, with that said, I think the people who are popular like Youtubers may tend to care less about their fans and care more about themselves, if they care about fans at all. Not only do they take advantage of people the popular people can call fans, but they hide behind their fans like they are too afraid to handle things themselves. They use their fans as shields, in other words. I know from an instance on Twitter, or X, that this is the case for even celebrities like Tara Strong, who has said a lot of controversial things lately. She still has fans who defend her. Heck! She told a lie about why she was fired from a show she was going to be part of, and her fans ate it up and got mad at the people running the show over it, even though Tara was wrong. She also seemed to be using her fans to attack the people behind the show, too. One fan even tried to manipulate me into thinking otherwise about her when I temporarily stepped into the discussion. It is amazing how people use others they call fans as shields instead of handling things themselves.

Also, these celebrities do think they are "invincible" from all the power they have, but even if they were truly invincible to things around them, their is one thing they are not immune to; themselves. Their actions, possibly their ignorance, incompetence, overconfidence, etc. can lead to those people harming their own reputation themselves, and they can be careless about it, too. So they are not really invincible here. Those people or celebrities hiding behind fans that still support them does not make them invincible at all, either. To me, that is just showing cowardice, even if the fans willingly try to step up and defend those people without the people themselves telling them what to do.

Note that this applies to all forms of celebrities and popular people, including politicians, sports people, those in the entertainment industry, etc.

That is all I have to say. What do you all think?

Top Bottom