• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A small universal tech(just hint atm, instructions later:P)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
So, ive been holding on to this for a while (due to how patching has been done quickly to remove stuff like techs), and i want to se how it develops in a tournament like EVO, and since I want a Rosalina to win, i decided ill share it right now, a short while before EVO.

Ill add instructions how its done later(prob sunday), but ill give you some room to figure it out for yourselves for some labfun.

Ive uploaded a video on the wii u replays, search for sweden as region, smash as mode, stage as bridge of eldin and character rosalina and you'll find a 1min match with a gold and blue Rosalina, with the tech in it(cant record for youtube:p).

A little hint though, this cant be done on the regular 3ds, and the beginning of the video doesnt use it, but it is used later.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Hate to be a bother, but would someone with video ( or GIF ) making abilities post a short clip of the tech here? I don't really have access to Wii U replay channel, and I'm very interested in learning potentially new mechanics. Would be much appreciated. ^^

Last edited:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Oh man. Please, someone upload a video. I've got a tournament tomorrow and I sure wish I could learn this new tech...

Edit: didn't the most recent patch allow for direct YouTube uploads? No need for a capture card?

Last edited:

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
I decided to look it up, (it was kinda cool i felt like I was on a scavenger hunt putting in all those modes.

That tech looks pretty cool.

But aren't you just inputting another dash after you turn around and canceling the dash with F-smash?

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I'd hate to take a random guess when I haven't seen it myself, but is it something similar to the tech featured on the main page a week or so ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfkip-BwL_w&index=11&list=PLFXOgPi6_N5Q1AR3Z9l549HBoZzpBAz0h

Rosalina has a very short end dash animation, and pivoting into tilts and jabs has become one of the tools I most rely on. Definitely something I'd recommend to any Rosalina seeking improvement.

...or the tech could be something else entirely. Which would be fantastic. I'm dying to pick up more fancy options I can whip out in tournaments.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
I'd hate to take a random guess when I haven't seen it myself, but is it something similar to the tech featured on the main page a week or so ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfkip-BwL_w&index=11&list=PLFXOgPi6_N5Q1AR3Z9l549HBoZzpBAz0h

Rosalina has a very short end dash animation, and pivoting into tilts and jabs has become one of the tools I most rely on. Definitely something I'd recommend to any Rosalina seeking improvement.

...or the tech could be something else entirely. Which would be fantastic. I'm dying to pick up more fancy options I can whip out in tournaments.

It's pretty much that except after you turn you input another dash and cancel the dash with fsmash.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hate to rain on your parade, but this isn't anything new.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Any vids where its used?, because ive never seen a tournamentmatch where it has been and its a decent feint and always get the maxrange for luma (most of those were rushed so not done correcly).

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
So let me get this straight. You dash in one direction, then tap the control stick in the opposite direction and immediately hit with a smash attack?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm glad this isn't the tech I've been working on.

I knew about this one though. It's OK, though nothing game changing.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
So let me get this straight. You dash in one direction, then tap the control stick in the opposite direction and immediately hit with a smash attack?
Basicly in the turnaroundanimation, you can press the cstick forward during a quite large window where pressing A would not do anything.
If you however press c-stick foward the mechanic which usually brakes you while c-sticking in the air comes in and you'll brake if you hold c-stick forward since it'll overwrite the regular sticks movement.

When you let go of the c-stick youll have a buffered in place dash (in your dash) which you can instantly cancel with cstick foward again for a faster(?) turnaround full ranged fsmash.

This tech seems global but since Rosalinas turnaroundanimation is like it is it seems more useful with her then the other chars I've tested.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Basicly in the turnaroundanimation, you can press the cstick forward during a quite large window where pressing A would not do anything.
If you however press c-stick foward the mechanic which usually brakes you while c-sticking in the air comes in and you'll brake if you hold c-stick forward since it'll overwrite the regular sticks movement.

When you let go of the c-stick youll have a buffered in place dash (in your dash) which you can instantly cancel with cstick foward again for a faster(?) turnaround full ranged fsmash.

This tech seems global but since Rosalinas turnaroundanimation is like it is it seems more useful with her then the other chars I've tested.

So to practice this, I would dash, turnaround, while in the turnaround animation I double tap the cstick forward?

I want to be sure I've got the inputs correct before I start to practice.

@ DanGR DanGR Thanks for the video. More info always help.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
So to practice this, I would dash, turnaround, while in the turnaround animation I double tap the cstick forward?

I want to be sure I've got the inputs correct before I start to practice.

@ DanGR DanGR Thanks for the video. More info always help.
Thats it, and the last cstickpress is optional even though fsmash seems to have the best benefit of it.

Top Bottom