• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Roy's Final Smash Bug?

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
I landed a Final Smash on Link with Roy.
I knocked him out, but he had five lives left.
Ike and Marth had 6 lives left, but Link still didn't reappear after that.

This happened Battlefield, so I'm not sure if this can happen anywhere else.

Oh, and I managed to pull off a Final Smash with Roy at Castle Siege, at that part with the lava and everything. The problem was..........I wasn't hitting anyone.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
you'll probably want to be a little more clear on the first bit, as for the castle seige one, there's two possible reasons I can see:

1) you hit the B-Button in an attempt to end it early (Marth's FS is a single OHKO swipe, Roy's is a full on combo attack)
2) you came up next to someone just as they were doing a different movement such as jumping or air dodging and they got out of range in the middle of the attack... since for whatever reason, the final smash freezes everything but immediate momentum...

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
Thanks for letting me know. To elaborate more on the first bit, once I hit Link with Roy's Final Smash he didn't reappear to fight again. A bug most likely because, as I said, Link had five lives left.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
if Link (or any character, for that matter) drifted offscreen during the Final Smash, they will disappear and it takes... roughly 30 seconds for the game to register and trigger the KO before they return to the stage like normal. I'm not sure if this is referring to what you encountered, but this particular bug can happen anywhere.

Top Bottom