• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A rant I have

extrachunky

Smash Rookie
I main Pikachu and it annoys me when people tell me that I spam....down smash!!

I can understand that I do a bit of thundershocks here and there but spamming down smash? They tell me like it's a sin. Now when a Zamus uses her forward B and Marth uses his fair, they don't complain.

Not my problem they can't DI it. So many sore losers haha.

Lessthan_tom

Smash Cadet
Yeah hardly any scrubs seem to know how to DI. I think it should be in the manual and the tutorial video on the game.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
I admit to using downsmash whenever anyone is near me. The only time i woudn't use it is if i had just used it 2 or 3 times and i needed to reset the whole spamming=less damage thing, in which case i would use an aerial attack. It's simply an incredibly useful attack for racking up damage and keeping your enemies from being able to get to near to you.

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Find a move they favor and complain about it to them, in a joking matter. Please will always complain, especially when something in particular gives them difficulty. I'd say keep abusing as long as it works good.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Yea I main Pikachu too, he wasnt good in melee at all and Peach's downsmash was more annoying, Ignore what they say and continue owning them.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Just keep using them. What others say mean nothing if it means you winning.

Look at all the spams Wario, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Lucas, Lucario, Jigglypuff, etc do... yeah, so Pikachu deserves to have a license to spam any attack. GG

Sudai

Stuff here
There's a better way then DIing up. : P

If coming from the right: DI Up+Right > Up+Left > Up+Right. Time it so you DI left when the DSmash moves you to the left side, and right again when it moves you back that way. Get out hella fast.

If coming from the left: Same but go Left > Right > Left.

Win sauce and cheese.

Top Bottom