• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A rant about saltiness.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I was playing this Ganondorf. In the first two games, I got him as Kirby and every time he was trying to recover at the last stock, he would Ganoncide accidentally. The games were pretty enjoyable though. I was having fun, so I thought he was too. He changed his tag to "NO" the moment I started a new game. I kept playing, and changed mine to "YES!" as I won. He changed his tag again.
..."KILL".
What? You want to kill me because of a game?! Because I am outplaying you?! Seriously, what's up with the salt in FG?! This does not makes me angry, and I do understand that we can get mad sometimes, but this really got me thinking about how overboard can the saltiness come. Not everyone acts like that, but why do many people consider their Win-Loss Ratio like their baby?
End of rant.
Edit: looking back, it was actually hilarious!

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was playing this Ganondorf. In the first two games, I got him as Kirby and every time he was trying to recover at the last stock, he would Ganoncide accidentally. The games were pretty enjoyable though. I was having fun, so I thought he was too. He changed his tag to "NO" the moment I started a new game. I kept playing, and changed mine to "YES!" as I won. He changed his tag again.
..."KILL".
What? You want to kill me because of a game?! Because I am outplaying you?! Seriously, what's up with the salt in FG?! This does not makes me angry, and I do understand that we can get mad sometimes, but this really got me thinking about how overboard can the saltiness come. Not everyone acts like that, but why do many people consider their Win-Loss Ratio like their baby?
End of rant.
Don't make threads to rant...

Last edited:

loud4332

Smash Rookie
As someone that gets really salty (online only) I get that made every time I play for glory but I don't put up kill. I just turn off my wiiU after the match and go play smash 64 instead.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
What if he did want to kill you? What if he wasn't a young person, but an old, experienced killer?
You better hope that Nintendo accounts are safe and secure...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What if he did want to kill you? What if he wasn't a young person, but an old, experienced killer?
You better hope that Nintendo accounts are safe and secure...
This is online, so I don't think it's a big deal, it may be scary if you play by yourself and saw that tag. But since it's just online, I won't mind.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
This is online, so I don't think it's a big deal, it may be scary if you play by yourself and saw that tag. But since it's just online, I won't mind.
I guess. But it is the thought that I may be playing with someone who actually used to kill people is the thing that bothers me..

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I guess. But it is the thought that I may be playing with someone who actually used to kill people is the thing that bothers me..
Again, you don't usually think about who those people are online. So you think too much, and hey, I don't even think real killers don't really spend the time to play Smash, or do they?

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
IDK I have seen a video where someone got really mad at a video game and the dude went ahead and walked to his house and stabbed the person a lot. He got arrested.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I dont get why people are soo salty at this game...litrely..1 in every 2 players i face is salty
..no matter what character ypu beat them with and playing in what kinda of style..you still get hate...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The only thing that makes me salty is people spilling salt in this game just cuz they lost a match when they should be just having fun like a normal human being. I mean, if you win, good for you. But if you lose, then take it like a real man and move on. Learn things and try again. There is no reason for anyone to use the game tags to throw insults at them, even if they end up winning.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
Tino, yeah I agree

But people are very diverse creatures with a wide range of personalities. Some people have nothing to lose because they don't really care, but another bunch of people care because they want to win. Couple that with maturity levels (it's a Nintendo game after all) and you get salt.

In all, they're probably having fun too, it's just that all that fun is mixed in with fired emotions. :laugh:

I love people. They're so interesting and fun to be around. :shades:
Be happy you are all alive and well! Sometimes you never know you might lose someone or if it is your last day alive...

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
The only thing that makes me salty is people spilling salt in this game just cuz they lost a match when they should be just having fun like a normal human being. I mean, if you win, good for you. But if you lose, then take it like a real man and move on. Learn things and try again. There is no reason for anyone to use the game tags to throw insults at them, even if they end up winning.
I take every loss as a lesson, i even record matches i lose and only when i lose.

But when they leave an insulting tag its hard to not get at least alittle salty. Tonight i played FG for the first time in months since i hear the better palyers seem to play very late usually, and i had nothing planned. It was cool to find very good players, but when they just taunt three times in a row when i die and leave idiotic tags. How can I respect them or anyone that plays this? Makes me think children only play this game now.

I say i take a lesson from losses but if there was something I learned today, that is:
'Stay away from For Glory, my friends.'

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I take every loss as a lesson, i even record matches i lose and only when i lose.

But when they leave an insulting tag its hard to not get at least alittle salty. Tonight i played FG for the first time in months since i hear the better palyers seem to play very late usually, and i had nothing planned. It was cool to find very good players, but when they just taunt three times in a row when i die and leave idiotic tags. How can I respect them or anyone that plays this? Makes me think children only play this game now.

I say i take a lesson from losses but if there was something I learned today, that is:
'Stay away from For Glory, my friends.'
I feel your pain.

Trust me.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
You should rename this thread to "FG Ganondorf in a nutshell"
Seeing someone changing their tag in a fit of salt over a loss is a lot more amusing to me than seeing someone brag about winning. It's really nothing to get upset about; you beat them, so revel in the glory of having (apparently) ruined their entire day simply by beating them in a Smash Bros. match.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
You should rename this thread to "FG Ganondorf in a nutshell"
Seeing someone changing their tag in a fit of salt over a loss is a lot more amusing to me than seeing someone brag about winning. It's really nothing to get upset about; you beat them, so revel in the glory of having (apparently) ruined their entire day simply by beating them in a Smash Bros. match.
But c'mon. You win, I applaud you. Good.

Just don't be a **** about it. Too much to ask? But I suppose it Doesn't matter, since I rarely go to FG thanks to my crew ^^

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Whenever I play Samus or Olimar online and camp even a little bit (I really don't play that campy in general), people really freak out. I've had TWO people change their name tags to tell me that they hope I die. I wish I knew how to report these people.

There was another time someone told me they hoped I died, but I deserved it lol. One of my friends challenged me to go on For Glory and win using only (or almost only) Rosalina's jab.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
he's a ganon player

its actually pretty common for ganon players to try and "act" as if they're as "evil" as ganon in smash.

GO to the ganon boards here and you'll often see players who keep their nametags in game as death, destruction, murder, etc.

Pyrofishy

Smash Cadet
he's a ganon player

its actually pretty common for ganon players to try and "act" as if they're as "evil" as ganon in smash.

GO to the ganon boards here and you'll often see players who keep their nametags in game as death, destruction, murder, etc.
I don't know if this is true, but this is hilarious.

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
You can't really extrapolate a person's thoughts from a single word. As the above posters have said, the dorf might have just been some kid acting in character.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
It really makes sense, but the reason I've assumed he was salty is that he said "NO" right after I did beat him twice. And "KILL" wasn't his tag, because he was Player 2 in the first two battles. He changed to "KILL" after 3 games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom