• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Prophetic Snow Warning - November 23rd, 2013

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Well Snow Warning was... something else. The name was strangely prophetic as a blizzard hit West MI and spun out and subsequently stranded half of West MI in Muskegon. So what're we to do? Pack our things and move the whole blasted tournament, 'cause in West MI we go hard!

Although by starting late and having weather put a damper on turn out, we all agreed to bring the entry fee down to $5 to accommodate the fact that a number of us had to perform a lot of extra driving.

Results are as follows.

Singles - $5 Entry Fee
13 Entrants
1. Lordy :ike::falcon:
2. Super :sonic: :ivysaur: :charizard: :mario2: :metaknight: :warioc:
3. Benji (,...,) :sheik: :bowser2: :falcon: :ike:
4. Jawsome :squirtle: :link2: :ganondorf:
5. Robjoe :charizard: :rob:
5. Storm :rob:
7. Red :zelda:
7. root :sheilda:
9. McK :ness2:
9. TBird :falcon:
9. A2 :lucario:
9. Legit (The new Asa)
13. Sarix :link2:

Doubles - $10 per team
5 Teams
1. Conductors of the Hype Train (Super + Lordy) :sonic:+ :ike:/ :falcon:
2. Red + Jawsome :sheilda:+ :fox:/ :link2:
3. Yoloswag (root + ,...,) :sheilda:+ :falcon:
4. ThunderStorm (TBird + Storm) :falcon:+ :rob:
5. Seismic PK Fire Toss (Robjoe + McK) :charizard:+ :ness2:

Some Shoutouts for the fools who deserve them.
root - I hope you do good work with that recording setup. Here's to the next tournament having a stream and videos! Thanks for donating to Robjoe's Fire Lizard Fund. Can't wait for that hype $50 Best of 7 you were talking about.
Sarix - Man, what a guy. This guy drives all the way through a blizzard only to turn around and head back into it just to play Smash with the people who couldn't weather the storm.
Robjoe - The only guy to take my advice and show up the day before the blizzard.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Shoutouts to:

Super for hosting the tourney. Even though Muskegon did all the work ;) Also, thanks for the recording setup!
Tom for showing up! Hype.
Robjoe for taking all of my money, yes I do plan on getting that back one of these days. #salt
Mike and McK for being guys. :denzel:
Sarix for driving, thanks a million dude.
A2 for giving me warm fuzzies and cheering me up after eating too much salt.
root for sucking ****.

7th is unacceptable. :(

lordhelmet

Smash Master
That snow warning.

SHOUTOUTS TO A2 FOR GETTING A LITTLE DRUNK AND PROMISING TO DESTROY US ALL IN BRACKET.

On not showing, we turned back because (first) Muskegon called long after we had passed Muskegon and informed us they weren't gonna drive through the ****ty weather (second) because we spun out on an off ramp and decided we were not willing to die to go to Manistee for a 9 man house tournament with a venue fee.

But still, I think it turned out for the best. Thank you Super and Sarix for driving down to party. More shots during crews next time.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Yeah I noticed that mistake a little bit ago, recreating the bracket is hard and absolutely no one told me that they fought you.

Its ok you can just put me at spot 0 I wont mind.

0. Tom

Also Seeing as Asa wasn't there and I played robjoe and red, I'm assuming that is where I go.

RED6

Smash Apprentice
Yoooo. I went Diddy, Zelda, Captain Falcon, and Charizard in tourney ;)

Mike and I also went under the team name High on America xD

SHOUTOUTS

1. Lordy- GG's, sir! It's always fun running into you in bracket. Maybe next time I won't try Falcon ditto'ing you.. maybe :yeahboi:

2. Super- Glad you were still able to join in on everything for what was originally supposed to be a tournament at your house. lol. GG's.

3. Benji- I don't think we ended up playing at all this time around, but good job on 3rd. Good seeing you. We should MM next time around.

4. Jawsome- Scrub. :denzel:

5. Robjoe- Balls so hard, mf's try to find him. Good seeing you, Rob! GG's.

5. Storm- Fun match in bracket! Nice job, Jason.

7. Red- Scrubbier. :denzel:

7. root- Good seeing you, sir. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I may have been a guy at the tournament as well, js >.> lol. Thanks for being willing to show me Zelda stuffs. I always appreciate how helpful you are.

9. McK- GG's sir. Though next time you "batter up", you may want to try and not strike out. :yeahboi:

9. TBird- This guy. Since when do I place higher than you at tournaments at my house? xD lolol. GG's sir. Always a pleasure to see you.

9. A2- GG's!

9. Legit- Good to see you, Tom! I'm glad you were willing to come out to a P:M Tourney. It was fun. You should come practice with me! =D

13. Sarix- Good to see you again, Sarix. It's been quite a while. Hope all is well!

Sarix

Smash Ace
Shout Out Time!
1. Lordy- Didn't get to play you but it was nice to see you again.

2. Super- It was actually fairly pleasant driving down to Muskegon, going up was nasty though. Nothing against you but I still despise your character because of childhood lol.

3. Benji- Nice job getting 3rd.

4. Jawsome- Link dittos were interesting.

5. Robjoe- I enjoyed our Charizard vs Pikachu pokemon battles, it helped me adjust my spacing to Pikachu's stubby range.

5. Storm- Looking forward to Samus dittos, hopefully I'll have more experience against players by then.

7. Red- Nice seeing you again too after a while. I've been busy with college mostly.

7. root- Looking forward to practicing over winter break with you. Try not to let Robjoe take all your money next time lol.

9. McK- It was fun learning Pikachu against your Ness.

9. TBird- It's nice to see your Falcon improving, it was good practice for me to learn Pikachu as a secondary. I'm looking forward to bounty hunter duels when Samus is out. :)

9. A2- It's nice to find another Blazblue player. I'll have to bring a set up sometime for Tager vs Litchi.

9. Legit- Didn't really talk to you, you seemed preoccupied.

13. Sarix - I know I can play better with all of the knowledge I've acquired on the game, I just sorely lack in consistent practice against players. Definitely will have to change that after college finals.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
shoutouts to RED for also being a guy ;)

Anti-shoutouts to dakota_workplace for being anti-guy!

Top Bottom