• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Peach's Weakness

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
To start, I don't play as Peach. Mainly I'm having trouble BEATING Peach. Even freaking Level 9 CP Peach.

I main as Ness (laugh all you want) and submain a few characters, but I have no idea who to use to counter Peach. It's like Peach dominates me.

Halp?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
- No good majority of KO moves, mainly Fair, Fsmash, and Usmash.
- Cant survive spikes too well due to her mediocre veritcal recovery.
- Isnt the fastest character around.
- Floaty, thus making her vulnerable to early KOs.

Those are all I can think of for now. As for a counter I'd suggest GaW, it's considered one of her hardest match ups.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
personally i like ness myself and wouldnt consider changing characters to beat peach. anything in specific you having trouble with?

and if you really need to change characters....game n watch.

i wouldnt want to repeat anything air said but i cant see a single word he posted. i'll assume he covered it well :)

EDIT: OHHHH. how shameful. why the f do i have to highlight air's posts to read them?? lol nice trick, you got me. :laugh: you know i restarted my cpu because of you.

Zen Basis

Smash Rookie
If you'd like to give Peach a run for her money, I suggest that you completely master spacing, and then use Marth. You'll make most Peach players out there throw up.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll but it as simple as this.

Pick any character that has the advantage over Peach and get good with them. Problem solved.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I play against, and lose, against a fantastic Ness at my tournaments. No need to laugh.

Some tips:
- Don't PK Fire.
- DO PK Thunder spam. Peach is incredibly susceptible when returning to the stage.
- Your aerials are on par with Peach's, use them.
- Don't get predictable with the backthrow when looking for the KO. A smart Peach will know to avoid it - and CAN rather easily with floating. Use your bairs, Peach is tall.
- Fair is, and will always be, good.

If you decide not to go Ness all out, go:
- Marth
- Game and Watch

PKNintendo

Smash Master
To start, I don't play as Peach. Mainly I'm having trouble BEATING Peach. Even freaking Level 9 CP Peach.

I main as Ness (laugh all you want) and submain a few characters, but I have no idea who to use to counter Peach. It's like Peach dominates me.

Halp?
Dont sweat it. Edreese seconds Ness, and hes like one of the best Peach of all time.

Wait, you want to BEAT Peach? As Ness you mean? Pratice against CPUs make perfect. (try the crappier ones, like Ness) but beware, playing a CPU will make you a horrible player when playing humans.

You have been warned.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Beating Peach is actually more simpler than you think. The essence of Peach's game lies in the float. So as Ness, use F-air, U-smash and PK thunder to knock Peach players out of their floats then minute you see them try to go in the air.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
If it's a cpu, go for a backthrow at high %. Ridiculously easy.

If it's a human...
I suggest you stop playing CPU's, it's bad for you in general. Bad for your skill against humans, bade for your soul

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
yo steve just talk to me sometime after school i can give u a lowdown on peach

(btw we need to play again soon, i might get brian over my house as well. for good dk training too and maybe melee =D)

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I think Meno hit the nail on the head here. I don't have much to add but I will reinforce a few points :p.

Peach's air dodge SUCKS. As is "worst in the game" kind of suck. As such pk thunder is good against her; just make sure you aim it properly so that she can't cancel it out with a dair.

Also your fair is gaaaay. It has more disjointed range than any of peach's aerials, so if you use it properly you can wall her with it. The only aerial peach has that can get through it is a lucky fair that makes it in between hitboxes.

It's important to remember that peach has a very unique playstyle, and as such you are going to have to play in a somewhat unorthodox manner. Just think out of the box, recognize what peach is good at, and combat it with your own tools.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Beating Peach is actually more simpler than you think. The essence of Peach's game lies in the float. So as Ness, use F-air, U-smash and PK thunder to knock Peach players out of their floats then minute you see them try to go in the air.
Ok, with what you said here, this is a tycpical play player who are simple. Good ones won't be floating alot. It's not all about floating and Dairs. if you think that then you have some work to do. lots of people play Peach like this, and thats one reason they have a hard time.

A good/great Peach player Is not simple to beat, even if you play high tiers.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I'll but it as simple as this.

Pick any character that has the advantage over Peach and get good with them. Problem solved.
Exactly. Which characters would work?

I play as quite a few characters BESIDES Ness, but Ness is the one I know the most about.

Also, thanks guys, your tips will definitely help when I try playing. The main reason I've been getting frustrated is because I'm having a difficult time beating a Level 9 CPU Peach. Peachkid specifically is the HUMAN Peach player I'm having trouble beating. xD

But yeah. I struggle beating computers, but at the moment, specifically Peach.

Okay, NOW you can laugh.

Thanks for the tips on how to beat Peach as Ness by the way guys.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Ness doesn't really perform that bad against Peach. I'd actually call it even, slight Ness disadvantage at worst.

Top Bottom