• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new way to organize our information

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Hey everyone. I'm a newly converted Pikachu main and I'm here to show you all something that I think everyone here (and on smashboards in general) should get into using.

Imagine a way to store all of your information in organized lists with a simple visual format that makes it easy to reference when looking for any specific bit of information. You can add text, links, pictures, or much more to each little note you make. It's all synced online to your account, so you can access it anywhere from a web browser or a mobile app. You can add other members to your board to edit and update information collaboratively, if you please. Anyone can view your board, or you can set your board to private so that only you can see all those sweet fox matchup deets' or that new Advanced Tech that you're hiding from everyone.

Trello is all of this and more. It's an app that's very flexible, incredibly easy to use, and best of all, it can be used entirely for free. The nice part about it is that it can be used for much much more than smash bros, and integrating it's use into your own daily life isn't that bad of an idea (I practically live off of it now!).

https://trello.com/b/Eaxma71Z/

Here's an example of a list I started yesterday after scrounging around for information in one of the few Pika Facebook groups I'm in. It's quite literally only a couple of hours old, but hopefully you all can see just how neat and useful of a tool Trello can actually be for us. A majority of it is still blank, but clicking on list items with grey icons will show their description with information/links/pictures.

My main man Voorhese can personally tell you that he thinks this idea of using Trello to collaborate and share all our information organized like that will help tremendously for all people who want to be better informed as a Pikachu main, or for people who want to convert to playing the coolest mouse around.

(If you all want, I can also turn this thread into a list of everyone's different lists all in one place also.)

proxibomb

Smash Clown
It's a great idea, but forums like these are rather lazy with information. If more people could represent Pikachu, you'd see some heavy use. I like the idea, but I feel now isn't the right time to use it. Might I recommend that you preach this in more places? That might get this to have more use.

I do like the idea, of course!

Top Bottom