• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new style that has never been tried with Peach before I created

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This all hit me...When I saw a match. M2K Marth. Cort Peach. after watching it i said to myself, WTF happen here. One thing I already know, I am not surprised at the ****. Its Marth vs Peach. Really hard as hell match up. but anyway, I saw what M2K was doing. M2K had control over Cort and the character Marth. Marth is already one of the most fear characters. Marth can already make people flinch easy, nervous and pressure like hell and good at spacing. If that affect was put to him, but in a different way, Peach would really be crazy at the right hands.

I noticed most Peach players run for a turnips at the start of the right. So once it starts I ran up to him and just grabbed him. And it works I did this to a Peach player I played who always beats me in peach dittos. I finally won by just being simple. I always thought ahead. same with the jump> turnip>fair. he ran to me. So I knew he was gonna do that combo. so I just ran under him to an upsmash or up air. Even an Up-B. See? Found a loop whole and it was so easy to take advantage of and I did not have to over think and such to abuse it. I just played it cool and thought creative. And I never seen anyone do things like that to abuse the obvious. Its so simple, yet the mind gets so scared and paranoid. people do thing the hard way. over thinking. stuff like this I see in everyone and these basic character tatics to make people flich or control them

I'm gonna fuse Both the fear and pressure of Marth with Peach. Something like, Fair to run behind to a reverse grab or whatever reverse tatic I can do. I saw how M2K plays marth. its freaking hard to land a hit. Peach players are not like that.

Like Marth has me pinned to a corner. I cant roll. Nor attack out the sheild cause of his spacing. Friend of mine said this when I asked him

" i would say waveshielding. but not sure how well u wavedash to get the distance. u can float out the shield into another shield to get closer then u can attack out the shield or whatever. if he backs up to continue spacing get a turnip"

but depending on the Marth it could be hard since Peach is not all that fast. But what I was thinking is 2 things one is wave dash in place or move in a lil out the sheild to a Fsmash or down tilt or wave dash back to en edgehog. But this one is dangerous cause its really freaking hard to return to the stage against Marth wether in the air or the edge. also if your random as hell you can get past that. If I was to get up off the edge marth would just Dtilt, or grab me or any Marth tatic to send me back out. so I would ether Jab as soon as I get up since a jab stops people dead in thier tracks and I can follow up with something else. or Fsmash, but Marts grabs and other moves are faster than her Fsmash. And I would not Dsmash. Most expect move from Peach, thus one reason she gets *****.

I'm gonna mix that Marth tatic with peach with my randomness. Thus I will use Peach like this against anyone. with Brawl, I would have to think or something in relation. But she is faster. So thats a big help right there. I forgot that being random, I already have a nice advantage. All I have to do is do what would not be seen in most situations. Which is dont flinch. thats a big Part of it.Peach gets abused the most for flinching. and getiing scared and relatialtes with her Dsmash. people see this alot, so they know how to punish. Its been going on for years now. and when one does not know what to do, they flinch, roll or dsmash. With stuff like this, Peach is not hard to beat. But one peach paler realizes this, Peach will be a tuff cookie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still working on this. I know these examples have nothing to do with Brawl since it is a different game. But its still a matter of how you think, how scared you get, Why People flinch, why are people already in fear in a match,what attack will they use when scared. the fear most characters bring out in people I will use that tatic into my Peach. it does not matter if the character has the advantage and ***** Peach. thers always a loop. Its so obvious to abuse it and see that people dont noticed cause they are over thinking too hard and may even be fustrated in the fight. Thats how the human mind work. And me knowing this I can use it to my advantage. its risky but I deals deadly results. This takes alot of focus. I tend to get fustrated in battle. But with brains, being creative and random stuff as hell. so Once I get used to brawl, I will work on this with Brawl Peach. I will Make Peach In to a Goddess of mass power!!!!!!!!! muahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

Ok excuse that last part > . >

But what you guys think of this? I thought I share how I think and maybe this can help some of you improve. I gotta help my kind right?;)

testo024

Smash Cadet
I agree with what you're saying, it seems to me that people are overthinking Peach based on Melee. It's a lot better to just use her simple moves. I don't focus on all this wavedashing-canceling-hopping-teching-skipping-tuity-fruity stuff people keep talking about.

I've been doing really well matches with Peach just playing straight up, lots of fsmashes, dsmashes (it still racks up damage, has a pretty high priority, and I have killed with it at least twice in sudden death!!), ftilts, fairs, and uairs. I've also been using Toad a good amount, and he's quite helpful if you learn how and when to use him.

I spam the peach bomber a lot in 4-player brawls but pretty much lay off it in 1-on-1. Turnips? Eh, sometimes.

Doing it this way, I have won almost every 1-on-1 match i've been in and usually come in first or second in the 4-player brawls. She might not have a lot of easy kill moves but it's pretty easy to rack up a lot of damage and then fsmash , fair, or Toad the opponent into oblivion!

Edited because I said "Brawl" when I meant "Melee" in the first sentence, fixed now!

Vyn

Smash Rookie
I agree with you right here! This is how I play sometimes. I have a tendency to overthink though... but most of the time, I play it simple.

If someone is trying to do so many complicated moves using Peach, they won't be successful. You're right, keeping it simple works and I've done that for a while (although I have issues using Wolf).

I do turnip abuse. I'm going to lay them off for a tad.

Peach Bomber... not always, used for recovery, but her B-Up is one of my most uses, along with any vertical smash.

Toad is rare...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I agree with what you're saying, it seems to me that people are overthinking Peach based on Brawl.
I dont mean only Peach In Brawl I mean in general. And how to just turn the tables around in a match If That person has like character advantage or something.

Like Example: I am fighting someone and they are wave dashback in for. Baiting me to attack or w/e thier reason is for doing it. Wave landing off platforms and such while I try to land a hit off. And what do I do? I just walk to the person, then when close to thier range, I walk or run away. Or i'll walk to then and then just dont move. Now what be the point of doing thing like that? You would expect me to move the same way as him or try to syke him out and land a counter attack. But no. I just walk to the person, then when close to thier range, I walk or run away. Or i'll walk to then and then just dont move. Doing something like that and this is what happens:

- People wont know what to expect. Now you can mess with thier heads.

- rarly see something like that, so what they have set up for you is screwed cause You did the most dangerous thing in that situation. Its like asking to get hit. But right at this moment, your enemy will be over thinking. "Like did he do dthat so then he can attack? Did he do it so I can respond and counter attack, or did he screw up and ment to do something else? Why the hell would he do that. Thats a free hit for me right there".......or is it......Hee hee heeeee!!

If one over thinks, you can screw with thier heads. And they can become nervous. You have total control over them. Things people dont see in everyday smash fights is What I do and how this style of mines on ine way. I can also be fighting you then out of nowhere I walk away. Not run, walk away. Yet I am still in your range. Do you follow, try to syke me out and attack? Leave me alone? Why did I walk away for, to do a reverse Fsmash if you follow, for you to attack me and miss by inches cause I kept walking when you try to attack and I did not get scared or flinch. See? thier there, person over thinking or paraoid. Maybe both.

Thats what I mean. I may learn from the book but I dont play by it. You do same tatics and stuff over and over, people will be used to it and know how to deal with it. And that alone right there, is a mindgame in itself.

I agree with you right here! This is how I play sometimes. I have a tendency to overthink though... but most of the time, I play it simple.

If someone is trying to do so many complicated moves using Peach, they won't be successful. You're right, keeping it simple works and I've done that for a while (although I have issues using Wolf).

I do turnip abuse. I'm going to lay them off for a tad.

Peach Bomber... not always, used for recovery, but her B-Up is one of my most uses, along with any vertical smash.

Toad is rare...
Now dont get me wrong where. Sometimes simple is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to dangerous. Cause one person could be power hungry and just attack you like a mad man. So if I was to try and be simple. I would be getting hit with nearly everything. But you may still Play it cool and still out smart the power hungry fiend. Thats the thing. If your on trickes may cause you to over think. Its just how the human mind works. If your loseing annoyed, even at a tournament. You could end up just how you want your enemy to end up in his/her head.

But you get my idea. Here is simple socalled simple or random. Ever thought of treating a turnip like a bomb? Dont waste the turnip so early. Peach can fight with one in her hand Via floating and air attacks. Hold it for a good 30 secs or so then launch it at them in a clever way. When Peach has a turnip, the player usually throws it right away. So me already knowing this from Peach players, I'll think out side the box. I'll hold it longer than EXPECTED while I fight with it, then out of no where or when I see an opening, I'll lauch t at then.....or i'll make it look like I am gonna throw it, then last min, droop it on the ground and attack or grabbed them.

All that stuff just fromm seeing how Peach players dont hold turnips (non stitch face) for more that 5-10 secs. And I may go for 15-30 secs. This will weakend thier guard, or make them paranoid, thus makes it easy to set them up, hit them, or make then flinch to attack. Now I have control here.

So you can use all these moves and even turnip spam. Just be stupid while doing it if you get what I mean.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I dont mean only Peach In Brawl I mean in general. And how to just turn the tables around in a match If That person has like character advantage or something.

Like Example: I am fighting someone and they are wave dashback in for. Baiting me to attack or w/e thier reason is for doing it. Wave landing off platforms and such while I try to land a hit off. And what do I do? I just walk to the person, then when close to thier range, I walk or run away. Or i'll walk to then and then just dont move. Now what be the point of doing thing like that? You would expect me to move the same way as him or try to syke him out and land a counter attack. But no. I just walk to the person, then when close to thier range, I walk or run away. Or i'll walk to then and then just dont move. Doing something like that and this is what happens:

- People wont know what to expect. Now you can mess with thier heads.

- rarly see something like that, so what they have set up for you is screwed cause You did the most dangerous thing in that situation. Its like asking to get hit. But right at this moment, your enemy will be over thinking. "Like did he do dthat so then he can attack? Did he do it so I can respond and counter attack, or did he screw up and ment to do something else? Why the hell would he do that. Thats a free hit for me right there".......or is it......Hee hee heeeee!!

If one over thinks, you can screw with thier heads. And they can become nervous. You have total control over them. Things people dont see in everyday smash fights is What I do and how this style of mines on ine way. I can also be fighting you then out of nowhere I walk away. Not run, walk away. Yet I am still in your range. Do you follow, try to syke me out and attack? Leave me alone? Why did I walk away for, to do a reverse Fsmash if you follow, for you to attack me and miss by inches cause I kept walking when you try to attack and I did not get scared or flinch. See? thier there, person over thinking or paraoid. Maybe both.

Thats what I mean. I may learn from the book but I dont play by it. You do same tatics and stuff over and over, people will be used to it and know how to deal with it. And that alone right there, is a mindgame in itself.

Now dont get me wrong where. Sometimes simple is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to dangerous. Cause one person could be power hungry and just attack you like a mad man. So if I was to try and be simple. I would be getting hit with nearly everything. But you may still Play it cool and still out smart the power hungry fiend. Thats the thing. If your on trickes may cause you to over think. Its just how the human mind works. If your loseing annoyed, even at a tournament. You could end up just how you want your enemy to end up in his/her head.

But you get my idea. Here is simple socalled simple or random. Ever thought of treating a turnip like a bomb? Dont waste the turnip so early. Peach can fight with one in her hand Via floating and air attacks. Hold it for a good 30 secs or so then launch it at them in a clever way. When Peach has a turnip, the player usually throws it right away. So me already knowing this from Peach players, I'll think out side the box. I'll hold it longer than EXPECTED while I fight with it, then out of no where or when I see an opening, I'll lauch t at then.....or i'll make it look like I am gonna throw it, then last min, droop it on the ground and attack or grabbed them.

All that stuff just fromm seeing how Peach players dont hold turnips (non stitch face) for more that 5-10 secs. And I may go for 15-30 secs. This will weakend thier guard, or make them paranoid, thus makes it easy to set them up, hit them, or make then flinch to attack. Now I have control here.

So you can use all these moves and even turnip spam. Just be stupid while doing it if you get what I mean.
Peach is not that complex of a character. She has her ins and outs, but every peach player has to play pretty much the same way.

See, you can categorize certain spacies by the way they play. Camping and defensive or technical and offensive. Now, you can say this about peach players, but to a lesser extent. I could say Vidjo plays a semi-defensive peach, and has been known to camp at certain times, while XIF plays an extremely aggressive peach, and hes very technical.

However, there will always be times where a peach player has to implore the same tactics against a certain character. Holding on to a non-stichface/crackhead turnip for more than 10 seconds isnt getting into the other persons head. Its telling them you can follow up any of your FC'd aerials with a ground based attack. That allows characters like CF to punish you with an easy grab, without having to fear a peach pillar/downsmash.

Peach doesnt have many ways to play random, except maybe mixing up her aerials or approaches. Walking away from an attack doesnt psych the other person out. Its really simple to follow up on Peach's slow speed.

Many of these "tactics" you're sharing with us, arent all that useful, and easily lead to being punished. There is no way of getting around the fact that Marth counters Peach. Its just that simple. Yes, there are ways to make the match-up easier, but it'll never be in Peach's favor.

Not only are these tactics reckless, and easily punishable, but they arent used because they dont work. Why do peach players throw turnips when they have them? To pressure the opponent into approaching, or to approach themselves. Holding onto a turnip mind games you not them.

Not to mention, stating you've discovered something, no ones ever though of before is very narcissistic.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Bigrick-

Thats the point........Dont you get it? ;)

And I dont play random through the whole fight. Its just a confusing style I have. Hmmm........Not sure How I can make this any more simple than I have. And I already explained the risk of being random anyway.

Peach is not that complex of a character. She has her ins and outs, but every peach player has to play pretty much the same way.

See, you can categorize certain spacies by the way they play. Camping and defensive or technical and offensive. Now, you can say this about peach players, but to a lesser extent. I could say Vidjo plays a semi-defensive peach, and has been known to camp at certain times, while XIF plays an extremely aggressive peach, and hes very technical.

However, there will always be times where a peach player has to implore the same tactics against a certain character. Holding on to a non-stichface/crackhead turnip for more than 10 seconds isnt getting into the other persons head. Its telling them you can follow up any of your FC'd aerials with a ground based attack. That allows characters like CF to punish you with an easy grab, without having to fear a peach pillar/downsmash.

Peach doesnt have many ways to play random, except maybe mixing up her aerials or approaches. Walking away from an attack doesnt psych the other person out. Its really simple to follow up on Peach's slow speed.

Many of these "tactics" you're sharing with us, arent all that useful, and easily lead to being punished. There is no way of getting around the fact that Marth counters Peach. Its just that simple. Yes, there are ways to make the match-up easier, but it'll never be in Peach's favor.

Not only are these tactics reckless, and easily punishable, but they arent used because they dont work. Why do peach players throw turnips when they have them? To pressure the opponent into approaching, or to approach themselves. Holding onto a turnip mind games you not them.

Not to mention, stating you've discovered something, no ones ever though of before is very narcissistic.
What I am sharing was notment to be useful to you cause no one thinks like me. And I am aware of all of this. Thats why I will use all of this to my advantage. My style is compicated and does not make sense. I understand the risk and dangers of it in a fight. I rather do something not seen 100 times in a fight to throw people off and land a clean hit. Like my example in a Peach ditto I explained.

And by the way, all you did here was just counter what I do with how to get around my tricks. And once again, Dont think I am not aware of this. Or esle I would not play Peach in Melee and in brawl like I do now.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
no offense but I'd rather play safe than random
What's your definition of "safe"? I sure hope you don't equate safe with predictability, because that's another one of Peach's weakness, her moves are usually pretty predictable.

Random doesn't mean crazy and risky, just without a pattern.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
What's your definition of "safe"? I sure hope you don't equate safe with predictability, because that's another one of Peach's weakness, her moves are usually pretty predictable.

Random doesn't mean crazy and risky, just without a pattern.
This guy seems to understand my drift :)

Also Rose demom, pay attention to this.

"I noticed most Peach players run for a turnips at the start of the right. So once it starts I ran up to him and just grabbed him. And it works I did this to a Peach player I played who always beats me in peach dittos. I finally won by just being simple. I always thought ahead. same with the jump> turnip>fair. he ran to me. So I knew he was gonna do that combo. so I just ran under him to an upsmash or up air. Even an Up-B. See? Found a loop whole and it was so easy to take advantage of and I did not have to over think and such to abuse it. I just played it cool and thought creative. And I never seen anyone do things like that to abuse the obvious. Its so simple, yet the mind gets so scared and paranoid. people do thing the hard way. over thinking. stuff like this I see in everyone and these basic character tatics to make people flich or control them"

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Bigrick-

Thats the point........Dont you get it? ;)

And I dont play random through the whole fight. Its just a confusing style I have. Hmmm........Not sure How I can make this any more simple than I have. And I already explained the risk of being random anyway.

What I am sharing was notment to be useful to you cause no one thinks like me. And I am aware of all of this. Thats why I will use all of this to my advantage. My style is compicated and does not make sense. I understand the risk and dangers of it in a fight. I rather do something not seen 100 times in a fight to throw people off and land a clean hit. Like my example in a Peach ditto I explained.

And by the way, all you did here was just counter what I do with how to get around my tricks. And once again, Dont think I am not aware of this. Or esle I would not play Peach in Melee and in brawl like I do now.
This style is yours because no one thinks like you? Once again, very narcissistic.

This isnt a play style. Being random is done by every smasher at some point in their career. Whether it be mixing up approaches, or different tech chases, smashers are, and have to be random. Saying that no one thinks like you can be an accurate way to describe this, but im pretty sure its been thought of, and its been dismissed because it doesnt work.

No offense, but with your style, you would probably lose more matches than that of a conventional peach player, who implores tactics that are known to work.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This style is yours because no one thinks like you? Once again, very narcissistic.

This isnt a play style. Being random is done by every smasher at some point in their career. Whether it be mixing up approaches, or different tech chases, smashers are, and have to be random. Saying that no one thinks like you can be an accurate way to describe this, but im pretty sure its been thought of, and its been dismissed because it doesnt work.

No offense, but with your style, you would probably lose more matches than that of a conventional peach player, who implores tactics that are known to work.
Once again you dont get it. Also you dont know my history of good players I beat or gone even with using this style.

But I see this was a bad idae to explain on here. Only way to make this clear is to explain it in person or have people play me for heads on understanding. And as more people post up, I believe they wont understand and post just like you do.

I'm gonna let this thread die. If I play like this and win, than thats what matters. I make stuff up out the blue and works for me. And know, not by playing average level of play. High levels of play and better. But yea yea, I know the posy that will follow after, so I'll let this die. I wanted opinions about it and I got them. so mission complete.

testo024

Smash Cadet
I tried to read all this so I could comment but there's way too many words and subjective arguments for my taste... I say just give them a golf club in the teeth and call it a day!

Thanks for the thoughtful post, Dark.Pch....Go peach!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Personally, what i'm changing this time around is I'm going to play multiple ways. I decided, for a stock or two, I'll play campy and defensive, then a stock , aggressive and random, then a stock I'll be calculative and smart. Switch it up. I feel like Azen does that =P

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
So... your main point is to not necessarily use her most effective strategies, but to intermix them with all of her also effective strategies, to keep your opponents guessing and afraid.

I read your post, but really, you could condense your entire post into a few words. You basically wrote an essay describing the essence and importance of mind games.

That's just my opinion though. Regardless, good points.

Vyn

Smash Rookie

Yeah, I understand what you mean- it is effective but this has it flaws of course. Not saying that this isn't a bad playing style. It seems to be pretty effective.

I'll have to try it in Melee unfortuantley as I don't own Brawl but have played on it (friend has it and he comes over about every two weeks to visit his stepfather next door) .

Thanks for the tips =D

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I think that in being simple you did overthink. The one thing you gotta remember is that in the end all characters are equal. It's just a matter of pressing the right buttons at the right time. Some Peachs (such as myself) prefer dash>float dair for opening. I mean, it is all in taste. However, when it comes to marth, the reason peach can't win as easily is the idea of working harder. Marth doesn't have to work as hard as peach does to get that stock. That was a stolen quote from D4rk_Sheik btw.

In the end, marth hates projectiles in brawl, so stick to turnip throws, and if you want to be offensive, I'd say you should use the turnip dash to keep spaced from others. Also use edgeguarding more, cuz that's what she needs. But, this isn't a peach guide thread or anything.

Drk. Peach, why do you contribute so much to the peach thread? Just curious.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I Said i let this thread die, but people wont allow it.....so as long as its here........

I think that in being simple you did overthink. The one thing you gotta remember is that in the end all characters are equal. It's just a matter of pressing the right buttons at the right time. Some Peachs (such as myself) prefer dash>float dair for opening. I mean, it is all in taste. However, when it comes to marth, the reason peach can't win as easily is the idea of working harder. Marth doesn't have to work as hard as peach does to get that stock. That was a stolen quote from D4rk_Sheik btw.

In the end, marth hates projectiles in brawl, so stick to turnip throws, and if you want to be offensive, I'd say you should use the turnip dash to keep spaced from others. Also use edgeguarding more, cuz that's what she needs. But, this isn't a peach guide thread or anything.

Drk. Peach, why do you contribute so much to the peach thread? Just curious.
My point was that the style I will be creating is the Marth tactics. Like one example. Marth would dash through you to a reverse grab. Stuff like that I wanna fuse with Peach and my Style (as I explained in the first page) Thats it. I am not trying to make it seem that Peach will have More of an advantage over Marth.

I choose Marth for this cause he is already one of the most feared characters. And....well just look at the stuuf he can do. Now not every tatic of Marth I can do. But some of it I can. Marth is less of a threat in brawl and without wavedashing, not much to worry about. But I am gonna See what tricks I can do.

And reason I contribute alot in Peach threads is cause Peach is my #1 favorite nintendo character. So I like to get to know more about her in melle and brawl when I can. And help others with what I know so far if they need help or I see them having trouble. I like to help people. Thats just how I am.

Top Bottom