• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Little mac recovery option: Auto Snap Up B

jet56

Smash Journeyman

A new recovery option for Mac? questions? comments? just want to discuss it or its application? let me know in the comment section below!

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
what!! i was planning to make a thread about this too!

you can just dash off the ledge like a quick edgegrab and still do this

anyhow, this can be used alongside the slip edge tech. ex: dash attack > slip edge > first hit of up B. if you dash attack someone at the ledge with their shield up and they slide off the edge you can pop them up afterwards with this or just to add more shield pressure.

this first hit also has some nice set KB

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
I have actualy know about this for quite a while, but i have never really feelt the need to talk about it, seeing how i didn`t really find any use for it.

It works exsactly the same as Clouds up-b, just with much worse range.

The only place this might be useful as a recover option, is when you are close to the ledge after an airdodge, and have no other option but to up-b.
Sometimes you can use your jump to get close to the ledge, and then instantly use up-b. Similarly to the way Cloud does it. I don`t recomend it, but it is an option.

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
I've done this several times on accident, and while it has come in use twice it never really seemed all that important to me. The armor could be useful, but it's more situational than anything due to the limited range that you can use this tech at.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
it's up to you whether to use it or not. as i said in the video, its a safer way of snapping to the ledge over a normal double jump, and it gives you a invincible, safe hitbox.

Gavi1195

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gavi1195
3DS FC
3024-8441-4898
This isn't new. I tested this out when I found out by accident. Imo, it's not super useful. It carries a high risk if you whiff it by allowing an easy gimp and most of the time, your not gonna be that close to the ledge to perform it. Not only that, but the range is very strict, as well as the timing since basically you have to time the ledge snap just right. In the end, the Auto snaps consistency, range and whiff problems hold it back a lot. It would be better to just snap to ledge, Side B correctly the sweetspot or Up B sweetspot it. This is just my opinion from my experience of course.

Top Bottom