• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yep. Still meaningful.

Have you seen Kamui's Nohr and Hoshido promotions yet? They look awesome and I like the Hoshido promotion a little more. Nohr promotion will let you use tomes while Hoshido let's you use starves. Pretty awesome of how this can be incorporated into Smash. If you choose the Nohr alt, you can have access to tomes NOT like Robin or if you choose Hoshido, you can use a starve to heal a small percentage of health.
I... don't think we could have an alt with a differing moveset.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't think we're fighting at all. :L
I think he means the non-fans that would rage when a 6th character happens. It's to be expected since they want their precious Metroid and DK to get a newcomer soon. :troll:

Yep. Still meaningful.

Have you seen Kamui's Nohr and Hoshido promotions yet? They look awesome and I like the Hoshido promotion a little more. Nohr promotion will let you use tomes while Hoshido let's you use starves. Pretty awesome of how this can be incorporated into Smash. Like one of your specials or smashes changing, If you choose the Nohr alt, you can have access to tomes NOT like Robin or if you choose Hoshido, you can use a starve to heal a small percentage of health.
As someone who seen every single class in Gamexplain, I did get a look at them and boy do they look badass. Sounds like an interesting new gimmick that would suit them well, making them equally as unique as Robin since he/she needs that extra "umph" to really attract the non-fans. Since the main theme of Fire Emblem Fates is choosing your sides, he needs to have some elements of both promotions in his move sets somehow. Kind of like how Robin does have the Pair Up mechanic involved for his Final Smash and most of his specials were based on tomes.

Since the tomes that appeared to be used for the Hoshido promotion appears to be light based, some of the specials could be soley based on light spells. Think of it as a way of incorporating Michaiah since she sadly lacks relevancy and we have the light side of magic being represented in Smash. As for how the stave of the Nohr promotion should work, it can be done in a way that you can not only heal yourself but your partner in Team Battles. While the idea of a healing special is unique, having one that can also effect Team Battles would be even more unique (especially since Stave Mages can heal anyone on their side).

Like @ Burruni Burruni said, there could be a possibility that an outfit changing properly would be a bit too complex. But we do have the likes of resident Street Fighter Ryu and Little Miss Rosalina in the roster. Being able to swap between the outfits though would need some logical or visual explanation (like a flash of light for any character that promotes in the games). But again, having some of these promotion abilities can work in a way where it won't be to complicated like the Dragon's Vein (Assuming we actually saw him use it a few times in the demo) since it's based on environmental manipulation and that won't properly work in Smash.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
What if it worked like the Levin sword and if you input a Smash attack, you use a tome and a regular input for staves? or idk use both? lmao

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What if it worked like the Levin sword and if you input a Smash attack, you use a tome and a regular input for staves? or idk use both? lmao
While it can necessarily be used for a multiple styles, there are actually many possibilities for tomes and staves are meant just for support (healing and resurrection). So attacking someone with a stave I can see, but attacking with magic bursts out of it wouldn't make any sense (Unless Fates added some features that actually make staves more offensive).

The hard part would be to have an alternate input based on your typical stave when they aren't mean for combat. So the easiest way I can imagine it would be for the stave just being used for a Down Special (no more counters) and the swordsmanship to be used for a regular Smash input with the usage of tome magic as the alternate input. Leaving room for the specials to be Dragon's Claw based and it wouldn't be too farfetched for him to use his wings. :4metaknight:

Last edited:

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Letting Kamui Corrin use tomes would probably make some ignorant non-fans claim that they're a Robin clone despite that Corrin can use different tomes in different ways.

I can see it.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Letting Kamui Corrin use tomes would probably make some ignorant non-fans claim that they're a Robin clone despite that Corrin can use different tomes in different ways.

I can see it.
sometimes I wish Fire emblem had a character with Blue hair and only used a generic sword with nothing unique about him at all :troll:

Zionaze

Smash Ace

....I've not seen any of these characters except the far left.

I'm starting to get upset.
even more confusing is that their names are unisex so when I went to go check them out on the wiki I was shocked when a man appeared when I expected a grill :V

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
even more confusing is that their names are unisex so when I went to go check them out on the wiki I was shocked when a man appeared when I expected a grill :V
Say hello to the fire male Pegasus Knight in history. This Fire Emblem game is actually starting to be a bit progressive in a way since we also have a Female Berserker too.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Say hello to the fire male Pegasus Knight in history. This Fire Emblem game is actually starting to be a bit progressive in a way since we also have a Female Berserker too.
And...

That female axe fighter.

That's as shallow as Vaike and I care about her just as little. While they both covered damn near nothing of their torsos.

PERFECT EQUALITY.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And...

That female axe fighter.

That's as shallow as Vaike and I care about her just as little. While they both covered damn near nothing of their torsos.

PERFECT EQUALITY.
But wait, there's more. You can stroke the faces of your allies (male or female) all while hearing them compliment your touching skills. Let's not forget the perfect way of bonding: HOT SPRINGS!

Many Tumblroids fans also theorize that these factors are one step closer to homosexual romances in Fire Emblem. They even predict that it will be possible to marry regardless of their relationships.

PERFECT EQUALITY

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
But wait, there's more. You can stroke the faces of your allies (male or female) all while hearing them compliment your touching skills. Let's not forget the perfect way of bonding: HOT SPRINGS!

Many Tumblroids fans also theorize that these factors are one step closer to homosexual romances in Fire Emblem. They even predict that it will be possible to marry regardless of their relationships.
PERFECT EQUALITY
If the first homosexual relationship in Fire Emblem is not Anna x Anna I'm going to riot.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Forgive me for not keeping up with Fire Emblem, but is the protagonist's name really Kamui? Just... Just wow. I don't think I can ever look at Fire Emblem the same way again. Well, may as well start with the crossovers now.

iZdxRtSqdPgNi.jpg

url.jpg

JIN'I ITTAI! KAMUI, SENKETSU!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Forgive me for not keeping up with Fire Emblem, but is the protagonist's name really Kamui? Just... Just wow. I don't think I can ever look at Fire Emblem the same way again. Well, may as well start with the crossovers now.

View attachment 57280
View attachment 57279

JIN'I ITTAI! KAMUI, SENKETSU!
Well I have some bad news for you, he was renamed Corrin in the Western version of the game. But you can feel free to name him Kamui in your version of either game.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I don't think we'll be getting another FE character

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys... Kids and Marriage is back! Thoughts?
10/10 Best Fire Emblem game since Awakening!

Still, dragon kids would be pretty interesting to see after you beat the game. I even bet they would become as broken as Morgan in the end. :awesome:

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
10/10 Best Fire Emblem game since Awakening!

Still, dragon kids would be pretty interesting to see after you beat the game. I even bet they would become as broken as Morgan in the end. :awesome:
Oh god, just look at Serenes and r/fireemblem. The salt is real.

But what happens if you marry the fox guy from Hoshido? Is your kids gonna be a fox/dragon hybrid?

Top Bottom