• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Bros that need help and suggestion!

Jestaer

Smash Rookie
Hi guys. I'm a new Smash player, and this Title for Wii U it's my first Smash game that I played. Because i'm new I want to ask you some question:

First, I really like Mario as a character, because he's fast and, even if I start playing this game "yesterday" and I notice that I s**k, maybe beacuse i'm a new player, I really enjoy playing with Mario. But, I read some of your post /threads here and I notice that you said that it's not an "High tier" character, and I really want to know why... Maybe the recovery? It's really not viable in a Tournament? Could he win it? I really want to play him and with your helps improve at this game and later partecipate to a tournament in my Country, I'm from Italy...

Could you give me some tips and suggestion to improve "faster" and to not s**k at this game and play Mario in the way that He has to be play, please?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Mario can consistently hit top 10 in tournaments. Ally constantly wins with Mario as well. He's tournament viable.

If you'd like more specifics you can PM me. I'm always willing to help out a newbie.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Pretty much any character is considered viable at this point, especially with SSB4 seeming to be the most balanced, official SSB game to date. Pick anyone you like, Mario, Dr. Mario, Zelda, The Villager, Bowser, or Fox, and you can and will do fine if you put effort into them.

Even if Mario is bad, he's not Brawl Ganondorf bad - that was a sin.

Monnix

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely a newbie as well myself and really fell in love with Mario because i loved his cape. Yes his recovery is not that great, but it can be worked around with knowing if you have a jump, stalling yourself with cape (it is not that great in sm4sh), and redirecting yourself with FLUDD (i suck at this). He does well against almost every character on the cast because he is the definition of average, however, he is definitely above average in the game since it is pretty well balanced. His aerials are great, his jabs create good spacing which could lead to a dash attack. His grab range is ehh but you can easily work around it. He is a combo machine that has an amazing down throw that you can be creative with and he has a pretty decent weight so you can get thrown around a bit. My friends don't like playing Mario because they see him as "simple" (dumb I know). He is actually a pretty deep character that you can add your own style too and make your own. That's why i like Mario and that's why smash is so different from every other fighting game...style.

Top Bottom