• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A minor random selection glitch

Dan G.

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2449-4699-8739
I can't back this statement up first-hand, but my brothers reports a match wherein he chose black Roy as his character and set the CPU on random. Upon the start of the match, the CPU had been selected as black Roy as well. Seemed odd the randomly set CPU would be the a same character already selected. Could be something about Roy being a clone character.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
This CAN happen in vBrawl, but it seems to be happening much more frequently in Project M for me.

I've had three matches where I select a character and my opponent selects random, and he gets the same character same costume.
It's happened for:
White Ganondorf
Yellow Pit
Special DK

But I can seem to get it reproduced on command.

D

Deleted member

I've had this happen as blue Ness (Not Pajama), so I'm sure it can happen with the clone engine characters.
It feels like you're fighting a clone of yourself.
HAHA, SO THIS IS WHY THEY CALL IT THE 'CLONE ENGINE'.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I think that that is possible in the normal game.

Top Bottom