• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A handi-new feature is revealed on the DOJO!

Star105

Smash Journeyman
i like this update since it balences out the good players and gives a reasonable handicap.

but this made me think

maybe their could possibly be.............. custom event modes?

think about it that could be cool with your own stage and choose characters to put in and put those characters at certain percentages and choose the rules for victory and defeat. that could be awesome in addition to the real event modes.

just an idea

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
No we don't need a character.

Most likely, we already got the full starting roster anyway. Sheesh! >_>

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
This new handicap system is cool. Way better than the old one where your weight and strentgh is altered.
Now it is the actual damage. An okay update since I use handicap ALOT for training.
Now I just need an Auto AI level change and an auto AI character select.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
darn... this update does not stand on it's own very well at all. but there is the chance of 999% fights in a custom stage with no way out. that sounds cool.

vargasdelman

Smash Rookie
this is awesome. some people think that sakurai keeps throwing crappy updates at us, but if they had ever taken the time to explore melee as deep as most of us did, they would know that the handicap system in brawl was.... abominable. this system seems like it would work well and is an excellent device for evening out the gameplay.

royinator

Smash Cadet
better than before

i like this system of handicap better than previous ones, b/c percentages are easier for people to understand than just a number for handicap. Plus, there's a wider scope for handicap, than just 1 and 9.

heety9

Smash Journeyman
We already knew about this from the Tournament update, right? I realized this a long time ago.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Notice that Mario beat Lucas without getting hit once. Yeah... Lucas doesn't even deserve the handicap.

Pretty okay update, though. Not enough for smashboard members, though. :laugh:

Drake3

Smash Ace
I wish everyone would stop reminding me that the game got delayed. I'm perfectly happy pretending that it's still coming out on Dec 3. When that day comes and I find out it's been delayed, it'll only be a 2 month wait.

Unless it gets delayed again. Then I'd have to paint Japan orange.

Yes...this is the talk of a crazy person.

lucario_user

Smash Ace
he's building up and up and up and *gasp* i just realized what this update really was. look at the pics where lucas is being set up. it says CHARACTER SELECT below him!!!!!!!!! A GLIMSE OF A FRACTION OF THE SELECT SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.
Until Now ? :laugh: The whole "Ness is Disconfirmed" is rediscutable. :laugh:

Rash

Smash Ace
Friday's going to be pretty epic, at the stage-builder level at least.

Or, I could just be thinking wishfully.

Top Bottom