• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Guide to the SWF Finder

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
ugh, each time I open the Friend Finder it tells me I logged out. ><
Check that you're logged into www.smashboards.com and smashboards.com.

I keep getting this message pending crap on the program. Can someone help me on this?
Not sure what you mean. You should be able to dismiss any messages that pop up on the screen. If you have "X messages pending" on the bottom of the screen, it just means there are X messages waiting for you once you dismiss the one that's showing.

This works on Safari right?'
Also, when sending a challenge, is the window supposed to stay up after you click challenge?
It definitely works in Safari 3, and I'm pretty sure in 2 as well. Safari 1 doesn't work. The send challenge window should stay up until the server sends confirmation that the challenge was properly sent, which depending on how many people are online, might be a little while.

Is anyone else's SWF not loading completely/properly? Mine never seems to load all of the columns (ie brawling, seeking brawl, etc.)
It seems a bit slow ATM (as it is most nights), but it loads completely for me.

To everyone who's experiencing issues, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. But I have been working on addressing most of the issues that have been raised--you probably won't notice it anytime in the immediate future, but I'll try to post more information in a week or two.

Gamekidadv

Smash Cadet
Your supposed to go to those different rooms depending on what type of match you are looking for. So you would click on 1v1 if you want a one on one fight, FFA if you want a free for all match, etc.

Edit: Also could someone explain to me how to make separate paragraphs in your description. I would appreciate it.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Your supposed to go to those different rooms depending on what type of match you are looking for. So you would click on 1v1 if you want a one on one fight, FFA if you want a free for all match, etc.

Edit: Also could someone explain to me how to make separate paragraphs in your description. I would appreciate it.
Haha, thanks. I know what the rooms are for, I just want to know what the abbreviations stand for.

Like, I didn't know FFA was Free For All, etc..

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Are there System Requirements/Minimums for the Friend Finder? Every time I click "Update", it takes a good 5 to even 10 minutes until the changes are visibly made on the roster. I was wondering if I could fix this...

Gamekidadv

Smash Cadet
It's not you, Friend Finder loads slowly for everyone during times that it is busy. If you ever tried getting on at a time not many people are on, say, early in the morning, it should load much more quickly.

Septuagint

Smash Cadet
Does everyone use AIM? I'm an MSN'er dude, I went to have Brawl's with 5 different people, only 2 showed up.

Top Bottom