• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Good Interview of What Azen Thinks of the Current Brawl.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
AIM's Have Been Changed
Azen (3:14:24 PM): suppy
Jeremy Feifer (3:14:37 PM): can i ask you a few questions about brawl?
Azen (3:14:42 PM): sure
Jeremy Feifer (3:15:44 PM): ok thanks
Jeremy Feifer (3:15:49 PM): 1st question
Jeremy Feifer (3:16:37 PM): Given the current status of Brawl, in your honest opinion. Do think theres any hope for the competitive scene of Brawl, as there was for Melee?
Azen (3:17:13 PM): yes, i think brawl will be even more competitive since there's online.
Jeremy Feifer (3:17:37 PM): Interesting Answer
Jeremy Feifer (3:19:04 PM): Some might argue with the lack of not only wave dashing and l-cancelling, but even techniques such as dash dancing being toned down, this would kill all such hope in the future of this game. How would you respond to someone like this?
Azen (3:19:40 PM): brawl haters are just mad the game isn't melee 2.0
Jeremy Feifer (3:19:47 PM): true
Jeremy Feifer (3:20:52 PM): But be honest. Without the fast paced, flashy combat of melee. How far do you think Brawl will last. Have you any idea how long Melee last?
Azen (3:21:24 PM): melee is done and brawl should last until the next smash
Jeremy Feifer (3:22:17 PM): o.k, you seem like you have alot of confidence in brawl
Jeremy Feifer (3:22:38 PM): Why is that?
Jeremy Feifer (3:23:45 PM): Do you believe theres a chance of finding any revolutionary techniques like wave dashing and l-cancelling that could change this entire game like the change that happened to melee?
Azen (3:24:29 PM): maybe, the games only been out for like a month
Jeremy Feifer (3:24:49 PM): Do you see yourself playing this game in 2 years?
Azen (3:24:58 PM): yes
Jeremy Feifer (3:25:07 PM): What about 5 years?
Azen (3:25:17 PM): melee lasted like 7 years so most likley
Jeremy Feifer (3:25:42 PM): Hypothetically speaking.
Jeremy Feifer (3:25:55 PM): If the game stayed exactly the way it was now...
Jeremy Feifer (3:26:16 PM): would you continue to play it 5 years from now?
Azen (3:26:25 PM): yes
Jeremy Feifer (3:27:02 PM): Wow. I'm actually surprised with that answer.
Azen (3:27:09 PM): lolz
Jeremy Feifer (3:28:33 PM): Well, if you had to give some Azen fans, some words of advice on why your staying in this game, to mabey help them stay with this game. What would they be?
Azen (3:30:10 PM): iono, just depends on the person if they like it or not lollz. i just like how its a completely different smash with new things to learn. and there's an online mode making it even more fun
Jeremy Feifer (3:30:57 PM): Which leads me to my last question
Jeremy Feifer (3:31:57 PM): With the online, do you think its possible in this game for people to actually surpass the pro's of melee? (Dr.Azen ^_^')
Azen (3:32:27 PM): prolly there's already several people better than me
(3:32:54 PM): Didn't see that coming...good deal
Jeremy Feifer (3:34:08 PM): well Azen its been a pleasure talking to you, I'll see you online to test my skill. Anyways take it easy, and have a good day.
Azen (3:34:23 PM): peach outz

GuMz

Smash Apprentice
I don't need a pro's opinion on whether I should like brawl or not :p

6footninja

Smash Ace
yeah Brawl is a good game...end of story. But I hate that he used "lolz". Like, at least where I live, people who use "lolz" are immature douche bags.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Online will completely change & revolutionise the brawl competitive scene. It did the same for DOA4 and it will do the same for brawl.

LoVer

Smash Cadet
Wow, I wonder what the interviewers opinion was? He sure got quiet when the pro told him the game was awesome and that Melee was done.

I agree with Az, Brawl has good depth and will easily be Melee's equal and then some.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah what he said.

It sort of bothered me that the interviewer kept trying to hoax him into saying Brawl sucks. It almost felt like the interviewer was trying to make him feel guilty for liking the game.
Err, that's not the vibe I get at all. There was no hoax. To tell you the truth, Azen was give bare bones answers to everything. I think the interviewer was just trying to pry something out of him that's more than "I am Azen and I approve of Brawl." Still, that's all he really got.

Seriously, if you guys are starting to see antagonism here you spend too much time arguing about this whole competitive brawl thing. If the interviewer wanted to say Brawl was bad he would have tagged a snarky comment at the end for trolling or just have not posted this at all because he would think Azen's comments as being unconvincing and pointless.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Who is Azen and why should I read an interview about him?
Because he's a dang good pro from Melee and so is likely to know something of what he's talking about. Much more likely than you or me, anyways.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
people complaining about him using internet lingo on the internet in an informal aim conversation are the actual douchebags.

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
Good to hear Azen is such a strong supporter of Brawl, I was afraid the pros might denounce it a bit, seeing as most of the tech was taken out of it.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
O.K lets straighten this out a bit. I'm hearing alot saying I was trying to trick or persuade him into saying Brawl was a bad game. Thats a no-no. I never wanted to do that. I only wanted the truth on how he felt the game really was. Azen really really like this game. Alot of former melee competitive people dont. This surprised me because Azen is really good, and yet most would agree that the game was downgraded in certain areas that a person like Azen (pro) wouldn't like. It surprised me that even though he lost so much, and even admitted that more could beat him now, that he still loved this game. I didn't post this to discourage anyone from playing Brawl. I posted this, because this helped me to appreciate a couple of things that I thought would help you guys too. One being how I was so angry that the game was slowed down and seemingly reduced skill wise. But the fact that a person like Azen, and you have to understand, he's top 10 in the world easily, a person like Azen with so much skill could still enjoy this game for what it really is. Smash. This helped me, and I was hoping it would help some others too.

orintemple

Smash Lord
This just further proves that Azen is great and isn't willing to denounce things which have not had time to even be denouncable. Unlike many people on this forum, he has COMMON SENSE.

Kirye

Smash Ace
As much as I can hope...

People are still going to whine about Brawl.
Well, that's a given.

There's always gonna be that small group of whiny children trying to act smart, saying Brawl was a disappointment, or that it isn't Melee. For whatever reason, be it the lack of ATs, the additions to Brawl, and some even complaining about SSE, *****ing will always be around.

Especially in this forum, where the whining went from "WAVEDASHING IS A CHEAP TACTIC", to "WAVEDASH WON'T BE IN BRAWL CAUSE IT'S A MELEE GLITCH", to finally "BRAWL SUCKS CAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE WAVEDASH!"

But it's okay, nobody cares about their opinion anyway.

At least Azen, along with most of us, moved on.

Top Bottom