• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few things i found for the Princess of Pwnage

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
hello fellow peach loyalist, i just wanted to share a couple of tricks ive found for peach; i havent named them or anything just wanted to share some stuff to see if anyone could help come up with good ways to use these competitivly.

the first 2 probly wont be useful more than once a match but still nice additions to the princesses bag of tricks:

1) while on the ledge - back-jump, forward B
since your using your 2nd mini jump, you get very little height, plus a little bit more hight from the peach bomber and you get a nice ground hugging suprise recovery option

2) while on the ledge - press down, then neutral B
using toad will make you rise so if you use it fast enough you could fall for a bit then rise back up over the edge with your little arm flailing minion. Not game breaking or anything, but if you lure the enemy in with a few edge f-airs they just might be dumb enough to try and attack you.

3) while on the ground - press and hold down, then press and hold A, jump in any downward diagonal direction.

ok here where i need some input; basicly what this does is make peach auto-attack off the ground with either a down air, back air , or forward air. The key here is that this minimizes the frames between peach leaving the ground and peach attacking to nothing. This is expecialy apparent with the back-air because of its almost instant start time and none-existant landing lag. Try it, peach looks funny while she does it :laugh:. Could be a new advanced tech, could be a useless new taunt. who knows.

anywayz im gald all the fake peach followers left because now we have a little used character all to ourselves and boy! what a character she is! If peach isnt high/top tier ill be shocked. Seriously, shes a ******* beast im not sure at all what all the fuss was about her sucking pre-release.

yawg

Smash Rookie
how do you jump in a downward direction while crouching? i just dont understand what you mean in 3. care to elaborate?

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
i mean holding the joystick in a south-west or south-east direction while pressing the jump button.

bored

Smash Ace
Princess of Pwnage... I like that.

Thanks for the info.

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
yea so i was playing against a lv-9 computer peach yesterday and i noticed that the comp actually uses the tech i posted for #3, hereby refered to as float dancing . The comp uses it when its waiting for you to recover to try and get you to dodge early then immediatly punish you if you do.

This will probly be useful for our soon-to-be peach pros. I should probly try and get a video up showing its uses.....

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
Not to be mean, but your toad technique in #2 was found out in melee. It's a very nice way to get back on the stage when being edge guarded. Anyways nice finds.

Milk2

Smash Rookie
Um # 2 does not work that well anymore if you use it and someone attacks for some reason Peach Descends REALLY fast and if you don't have another jump you might not make it back to the egde.

Even tho it does this i still use it :p

Top Bottom