• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few questions

ShOcKoLaTe

Smash Cadet
Is toon links hookshot now just as long as links or is it still shorter. Also are there any other changes from young link to toon link besides the bair.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Does he even has a hookshoot? because in the windwaker and phantom hourglass games he didnt, also you might think, hes a clone, he has the same as Link, but the bow and boomerang work different, the boomerang isnt like Link's Gale Boomerang, so i thnk he might have that rope-claw thing, and possibly its quite long.

Skillface

Smash Cadet
He has a hookshot, it's in one of the videos. I don't have link right now. I was hoping he'd have the grappling hook (rope-claw thing :bee:) too, but oh well. And he does get a hookshot in Wind Waker, in the Wind temple. I forgot at first too. :laugh:

I think his hookshot is a bit shorter, but it's also faster and he can use it more than once in mid air.

As for the differences, TL runs way faster, jumps way higher, his bow is faster, boomerang is bigger/more effective, and his dair is automatically fastfalled. There are other differences that I'm too lazy to mention :p

Parassita

Smash Apprentice
Well other than the points made, he is different than Toon Link in the sense that he doesn't have fire arrows! I wouldn't call him an exact clone of Young Link or TP Link, I mean, he seems to have been Luigi-fied.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
The boomerang doesn't look that effective, but it is different. It goes a lot farther, but it is much slower, and it might do more damage and curve more like it does for YL in Melee. Link's boomerang doesn't seem to be "strong" in respect to damage and knockback, but it has the Gale effect, so maybe the strength and knockback went to Hero of Winds.

However, I haven't watched a lot Link 1v1's, so I can't actually compare. I'll have to watch some first, then I'll come back and update you!

Top Bottom