• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A couple of weird Marth questions

7dogguy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2466-2487-7066
On the under 100% get up attack on ledge i hit a recovering falco off stage with the back of the sword does anyone know the timing for that or if its even a good edge guard ?

If you stand under one of the middle platforms and side b you can hit a character is that useful in anyway or have any good follow ups?

When Should I use side B Uptilt?

I know alot about this game and I never attempt this stuff against people im just curious because i could add new stuff to my playstyle if any of this is useful

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
For the getup attack, you'll just have to learn the timing. But with the time it takes to initiate, you are probably better off do a ledgehopped aerial to send to them back off stage.

Up tilt is typically a better option here. It's only a couple of frames slower than the first of side-b (in terms of the hitbox reach high, as well as how soon you can act after attacking), but it's a stronger tool for start a combo. Maybe it's good in an awkward situation where you're descending from the air and can't up tilt right away.

When to use Side-B to Up tilt? Whenever it will kill. :p When the opponent's % is too high for most combos to work, you have to get tricky to land a kill move. First hit of Side-B is just a nice setup, since a tippered up tilt is a quick killing move for high % foes. It can be DI'd out of, so be aware of that when going for it.

Feel free to get experimental in friendlies, and in solo practice. That's a part of learning the game. :)

AirFair

Marth tho
I would advise against the getup attack strat bc of it's startup time. Just do lh bair or dair pls.

sideB for someone above you is pretty negligible. Just go for a utilt or uair if they are on platform

Yo that's Marth's floaty slayer. AKA the PP PUNISH. Use it when utilt can kill, I don't know the exact percent, but it has to be where utilt can kill.

7dogguy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2466-2487-7066
hey thanks guys just trying off the wall stuff thanks for the input :3

Top Bottom