• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Cool trick I found out

Doctor_Mario

Smash Apprentice
I found this out months ago, but basically if you tilt your control stick to the bottom left or bottom right, you can go to the edge of the stage and not fall off and you'll be in the running animation. It's fun for trolling people.

https://vid.me/e/ziEh

Sorry for the potato quality. I have a **** camera. If you want to do this, just letting you know that the angle is really strict. Enjoy, I hope this wasn't known before.

Mr. Gency

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mister-Gency
3DS FC
2552-3708-9647
Nice, this is good to know.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
It's actually very useful, since the stopping animation is faster than regular running. Other ways to do this are moving the circle pad slightly upwards (how I like to do it), or not pushing the circle pad all the way.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Um this has been around since Brawl I believe. It's useful for being silly. :p

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I use it as Falcon when my opponent recovers offstage so it puts fear into their hearts moments before the inevitable dropzone knee comes out.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
It's actually a real tech! Just learned this today and saw this thread. I learned it from this helpful video right here.

It's called "Slow Run" and it's primarily used just to get to places faster without having to go through a full dash into a skid which can be terrible as some characters have really long skid frames.

Last edited:
Top Bottom