• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Change in tournament format

AS Money

Smash Lord
we all know one is needed

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=6080

you have to skip forward to the 8:30 mark. i think they have a legitimate, competitive match system. the new system could be taken into consideration.

Should we incorporate the over-sized glove in any way?
if both players wear one they're still even ground.

are four stock matches too short? Is five the five answer?
tournaments always get done before midnight anyway

is singles really a true test of skill? or is free for all where the men stand from the boys?
it's simple math really. in singles the winner only beats one opponent, in free for all the
winner beats three. that's three times the opponents so that must mean it's three times as skill

Bones0

Smash Legend
You have to beat 3 opponents in FFA as opposed to 1, but you do roughly 1/3rd of the work so it even out.

Oversized gloves are unfair to Doc/Mario mains since they have much more experience with oversized gloves than the rest of the community.

Please come back when you have some serious points, thanks.

Jayk

Smash Apprentice
FFA is all about not winning so people don't team up on you and make sure the worst player is the one left with you

But the oversized glove is unfair you could press all the buttons and use your other hand to wave in the other persons face

hamyojo

Smash Ace
I think we should only do FFA for final four in a tourny, and it has to be done on Final Destination due to it clearly being the final match of a tourny.
It only makes sense.

Svetsunov

Smash Apprentice
I think we should only do FFA for final four in a tourny, and it has to be done on Final Destination due to it clearly being the final match of a tourny.
It only makes sense.
Items on. True masters will be able to use items to their maximum effeciency.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, did you guys notice they put a lot of effort into sound editing? The in-game sounds were synced with attacks/deaths, but they had the wrong sounds. It's especially clear near the end with Ganondorf.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I saw that and didn't understand why they picked FD, stocks, no items. AFAIK Rooster Teeth isn't aware Nintendo exists. I think they did some research. also, lol at all the people saying they'd beat the entire world with (insert low tier) in the comments. Actually, that just proves there's always people out there waiting to be shown true smash.

Top Bottom