• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

April Fools! Project M for Nintendo 64!

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I really wish 64 modding was a thing. I've had this grand vision in my head of what "Super Smash Bros. 65" could look like.

But first we need a better netplay emulator, Kaillera is a Windows-only piece of **** and N64 emulation in general has been woefully stagnant for years now.

Anyway, did anyone else catch Yoshi's Island 64 in there? New stage confirmed?

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
Hah! First time one of my threads got locked! Annnyyywaaaay... I wonder if this will go anywhere...

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
if this ever does become a thing, they should use the smash 64 character select screen.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I never knew I wanted this! Please make those models the last costume for each character!

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
You know what'd be awesome? A 64 Add-On and A melee add-on, each giving the game corresponding SFX, GFX, and other significant elements of each game.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did it look to anyone else like the L-cancels were cancelling all the lag (like in N64), instead of just 50%?

Also INSAAANE NOOCH!

Last edited:

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if it's terribly difficult to code in toasties like that. Like "if x attack connects in y area then z" massive salt for the best sweetspot

D

Deleted member

Is there a pack to download with all of this stuff in it? Definitely am interested in playing with all of these texture mods. Thanks.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Is there a pack to download with all of this stuff in it? Definitely am interested in playing with all of these texture mods. Thanks.
I would like it if every character in Project M had a 64 styled alt. The 64 graphic style looked amazing on characters who weren't in Smash 64.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
The hitstun looked like Melee. Notice the part where Ganon throws Sheik and then Sheik hits Link.

DjSamLeFou

Smash Rookie
jsut to clarifiy. this is a ssb mod or its a melee turned into ssb or at brawl turned in ssb. only playable on emulator or console too.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I really hope they will be released at some point. On brawlvault there are some smash 64 textures, but not for all the characters like this.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I have a question for this. does it work on the console, emulator, or both? and when is it released?

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
You people did check the date and title of the video, right? 64 alts are possible, I guess, but another project while this one is still ongoing? Not to mention that the devs have a life of their own besides PM? 9.9

Wait, nevermind. You're all asking for 64 alts.

How would pixilated pikmin look like, I wonder...

Last edited:

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
Parasect is a new fighter? Too bad its an april fools joke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom