• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/22 MD/VA C3 Presents the September Tournament SSBM Singles/Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
I don't see why you always have to say something. Just let them do what they want. =/
Why do you care for someone having to say something about something !

because i'm ****ing lazy. and i hadn't been to a tourney in about 2.5 years, so vik would have had to ask about....oh everybody to find me. not sure if vik was even at the 7/7/07 C3, last one i was at.

and why the **** do you care? It saddens me to see mean peoples on teh int3rne3ts.
And you hes giving you advice why the **** do you to say **** about you being lazy ..

lol, mind ur own business
Lol hes just trying to help so dont be bleh about it

ChuDat

Smash Master
Can you explain team seeding a bit more? For instance, is team seeding based off a specific team that continues to enter C3 tournaments, or how well certain people place in team matches (even though they may not particularly have the same teammate, they continue to place well with others)? Me and Vist took 2nd the past two C3's and I just got 3rd with KM. Would I have to team with either of those two to get a good seeding for the next tournament?

I'll be in school this semester, but I'm now in walking distance from the metro so I'll be able to go to Vienna Metro Station if Blues, or anyone else can pick me up on Friday.

Aho and Plank will make a good pair for organizing these tournaments. I can guarantee any OOS's these two definitely will keep their word and don't make exceptions.

Everyone plan to bring set-ups in advance. If you are bringing a Gamecube/Wii and/or a TV, post here so Aho can update the front page with how many set-ups are estimated to arrive. For those who came to the lock-in and a few hours into Saturday morning, there weren't enough Gamecubes or copies of Smash.

Aho: I talked to Chu this past C3 and he said something about getting the venue fee lowered. I don't have a problem with it now, but if Chu already negotiated the venue fee to a lower price, it might be something to look into.

Expecting a huge turn-out next month. Sucks for those of you who choose not to attend because it will be amazing.

*Edit:* Juggernaut July. Adios August. I'm thinking we need another cheesey title name for September. How about SLAMMIN' SEPTEMBER? Yeeeeeeeeea.

No no. I was talking about my bi-weeklies.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Wow, jumping to pocky's defense? I'm having fun. I'm "lazy" as in I'm too lazy to get up from my chair and talk to someone. I'm also too lazy to remember that i have a money match, even though that makes no sense.

Jeez, some people need to cool it.

Generally, when you're trying to help someone and give them advice, don't start by saying "you guys are ********", because then as they read your advice they keep thinking about how irritating that was and become automatically rebellious.

fonz said:
I too enjoy PockyD's style. His posts are good, but his writing style is awesome. You don't find many people online who use hyphens and semicolons and all other punctuation that applies mid-sentence but ignore capitalization and periods altogether. =P
That's not a style, that's called good English.

I love arguing for the arguments sake. It's a good time waster.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Generally, when you're trying to help someone and give them advice, don't start by saying "you guys are ********", because then as they read your advice they keep thinking about how irritating that was and become automatically rebellious.
yes that was my mistake; i'm sorry

i was just cranky from something else

g-regulate

Smash Hero
regardless of who's right in this argument, fact : 90% of money matches made on the boards are not executed. step it up, fakers.

aho43

Smash Lord
wow, aho plank hosted c3 you say? ill be there. thank goodness we dont have to lose tv's to other fighters
There will still be other fighters, and we probably will be losing TVs to them. :| But if people will bring their own setups, they can't do **** about that.

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
If school doesn't hit me like one of g-reg's moonwalk to reverse falcon punches, I'll be there with a cube.

Yay for Singles after teams ends, lol. Anyone want to team? CK?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Wish I could house some peoples, but I'm moving at the end of the month. I still MAY be able to do something with housing, we'll see, but there's a good chance I won't be able to.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's good that everyone will be helping out C3 for this.

Since I don't have to pick up Azen and add another 2 hours to my trip, I will be there on time.

meepxzero

Smash Master
I would suggest not to use the projectors anymore for tourney play. They did lag a lot no offense to robin or anything >_> plus it was impossible to see anything that was dark on the screen. Just leave those for free play theres plenti of tvs out there.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
So I had this dream:

I was working at this Red Neck Gas Station, working for $7.50 an hour, working with red necks and random jocks who play football with tennis shoes. There was two FULL SERVICE gas pumps and the rest of the pumps were self service. One Hispanic dude covered the Full Service pumps.
The atmosphere was dusty but surprisingly the gas station (with a lot of red dust on the pumps) was quite clear. The thing that puzzled me was why there was so many people who worked at the gas station if there was a guy stationed at the FULL SERVICE pump? There was about a good 20-30 people working at the gas station at the time.
I saw one of the female employees driving back and forth on one of the SELF SERVICE pumps, getting gas over and over again.
I thought it was quite weird, so I decided to go inside for some lunch. It was already **:** PM.
I went through very narrow corners and the atmosphere felt like a retro 80's hillbilly house. There was a dressing room in the employees section which puzzled me because we didn't have any clothing to sell since we're a gas station.
Passing through the Coed bathrooms, I finally made it to the lunch room. Unfortunately, 25 people were there in the lunch room as well. With only one small table and a bench on the side to sit and watch the people eating at the table, I had to wait in line in turn to wait for a seat in the table. Four people were at the table at the time, eating slowly with their gourmet Chinese food.
As I sat and watched the pairs eating their Beijing Sauce Beef and Chicken Lo-Mein, I decided to make things quick and drive to a Wendy's.

I asked the crowd, "Anyone know of a Wendy's around here?"
but the hillbilly jocks gave me blank looks like they were having a mid-life crisis at the age of 23 and said
"There isn't a restaurant nearby here at all."
Surprised, I said, "You know, I'll just use the GPS system to locate Wendy's."
Just as I was finishing that sentence, I was looking through the crowd and saw Tope.
I was like "Oh ****, you work here?"
He was like "Yeah, wtf scrub? It's been too ****ing long. Are we teaming again?"
I replied "I don't like Corneria, let's get that banned this time."
Seeing a friend in the crowd of mid life crisis 23 year olds was a nice breeze in the beast heat. As I was conversing with Tope, I looked at the people who were sitting at the bench and I saw this familiar face. I thought I knew who this man was because I've seen him in a few places around the country. Then, I finally realized who it was. It was En. Ee. Oh.
I shouted, "Hey Neo! What's up man?"
Neo looked at me, gave me a smirk, and then tossed his huge black arm and gave me a pound.
Just after I finished the pound, KM walked into the room.
"Hey, KM! I haven't seen you for mad long!"
"Yeah, it's been quite a while."
After the greetings, we all finally got some food and brought it to the table when it was our turn.
Tope spoke to me, "Hey DJ, Janet (Kiwi) wants to see you again."
And I was like "Alright."

We ate our food and discussed politics and all that jazz. We had quite the time.
So now I have three fellow smash employees, all from the MD/VA region.
Then I thought to myself,
"Since when did I apply for a job in MD/VA?"

And I woke up.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah. Oh well @ fighters, we'll just have to bring tv's.

Echo, what days would you be coming in? im sure i could arrange to help you guys out.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Why is there a Healthy Choice dinner advertisement on smashboards?

Also, I'm going to actually enter singles I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom