• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [8/14/15] Friday Night Four Stock II

Would you like to see a Low Tier side event instead of a Doubles bracket at a future FNFS?

• Total voters

Qualia

Smash Rookie

Friday Night Four Stock II is coming up on 8/14/15 at Times Square Entertainment featuring both a Singles and Doubles bracket!

I wanna give a big thanks to everyone that came out to Friday Night Four Stock I. We drew out a large number of Houston's most talented smashers! FNFSI Singles was a 41 man bracket and we finished with time to spare! Thanks to everyone who brought out a setup, especially. You guys helped make the tournament run efficiently.

Registration for Doubles will cut off at 7:45pm, and the bracket will begin no later than 8pm. Singles registration will continue until 9:15pm. We have the venue until 1:30am!!! Hopefully this will also give us time for plenty of friendlies/money matches as well.

Venue: $5
Doubles: $5/teammate
Singles: $5

I WILL BE NEEDING MELEE SETUPS

Even if all you can bring is a Melee disc, please let me know so I can plan accordingly. Melee discs will help IMMENSELY. Venue fee completely or partially waived on a case by case basis for a limited number if you can bring a disc or full setup.

Games will be played with 4 stocks, and an 8 minute time limit.

~ Payout ~

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

~ Legal Stages ~

■ Singles ■

Neutral:

- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Dreamland

Counterpick:

- Pokemon Stadium

■ Doubles ■

Neutral:

-Yoshi's Story
-Pokémon Stadium
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Dream Land (N64)

Counterpick:

-Kongo Jungle 64

~ Other rules and helpful info ~

Stages are struck in a 1-2-1 format. Double Blind character select may be requested for Game 1. Winner of Game 1 bans 1 stage, loser of Game 1 picks from the remaining stages. The winner of Game 1 is then given the opportunity to change characters. The loser of Game 1 is then given the opportunity to pick their character. The process is repeated for Game 3.

The winner of each game must report the score of their set to me or another TO after the set is completed. This is very important to keep things moving, guys!

I will DQ anyone who doesn't report for a game within a reasonable time (7 minutes or so). If you need to go to the bathroom or something, LET SOMEONE KNOW so they can at least report to a TO. If you are holding up brackets too much, I WILL DQ you.

Modified Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect: A player may not return to the last stage they won on during a set.

Gentleman's Rule is in effect: Any stage may be played if both players agree to it.

All matches will be best of 3 until Semis and forward which will be best of 5.

Mike Haze rule is in effect: No loud noises/screaming to distract your opponent. Breaking the rule during a match will result in a warning or DQ at a TOs discretion. If you are spectating and break the rule, you may be ejected from the venue and/or DQ'd.

*******************************LOCATION********************************
402 W Grand Pkwy S Suite 110
Katy, Texas

Facebook Event Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1652274104988990/

West Houston Smash Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TimesSquareSmash/

*****************************************************************************​

Last edited:
Top Bottom