• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Cloud and Melee Marth

- Both have pretty much the same dash dance. Can shorten or lengthen it
- Huge range
- Recovery doesn't ledgesnap unless at the very peak
- Both got dem magnet hands to grab the ledge
- Both are great at juggles
- Melee Marth can wavedash into smashes, tilts, and standing grabs while Cloud can dash and input smashes and tilts at the end of the dash since the IASA frames on his initial dash are godly. Also he has a good perfect pivot to do tilts (especially Uptilt since the hitbox starts behind him and perfect pivoting turns Cloud around) and standing grabs rather than dash grabs which have higher end lag
- Melee Marth has the Ken combo into a kill while Cloud can do sour auto canceled Dair into a kill with Fair and Limit Crossslash/Finishing Touch. It's the closest thing to a Ken combo in Smash 4
- Both can stall in the air with Side B (Cloud also can do Neutral B)
- Both edgeguard extremely well

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Personally not interested in FFXV. Only FF games I care for are VII and I wanna get into VI again at some point. Might get around to watching NCS' videos of his FFVIII stream to see if that game interests me.

I feel with how much Bidou changes your controls, it'd be best to use it for every character you use if you choose to use it at all. Having to switch your memory for what each button does on a dime just for a character swap sounds like a headache.

As for :4cloud:and:marthmelee:, I can see the similarities slightly.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Personally not interested in FFXV. Only FF games I care for are VII and I wanna get into VI again at some point. Might get around to watching NCS' videos of his FFVIII stream to see if that game interests me
But then again, I feel the same way as you do. Final Fantasy VII is the only game in the series I care about at this point. Of course, I do want to get more into the series once I finish with VII, starting with the ones available on Steam. Hope whatever game I'll play works on this new laptop I recently bought online over the weekend.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Yeah I'm not getting that lol. Lack of a PC version only solidifies that for me. I haven't looked into it all. Preordered Hyrule Warriors Legends, though I hear it doesn't play well on vanilla 3DS. I plan on getting a new 3DS sometime in the future though so it won't be awful.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm not getting that lol. Lack of a PC version only solidifies that for me. I haven't looked into it all.
Try the demo, it's free. Gives you a nice idea of what the game will feel like. I don't know if you played the first demo but combat-wise they completely overhauled it. The whole thing just flows a lot better.

Edit: sorry, unless you only have PC then I get it now lol

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I just finished Pre-ordering my collector's edition, I'm going to probably be afk when that game is released!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Just a heads-up, as many people still don't know:
If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you get 20% of any physical video game you order, as long as you pre-order it, or buy it within two weeks of its release.
I just pre-ordered the FFXV CE, and I'm getting a ninety dollar game for seventy-two bucks.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
That stream was a lot of fun. Definitely getting XV whenever I decide to get an Xbox. Not going to lose sleep from not getting the collectors edition, so that 1 out of 30,000 is up for anyone else. That is a pretty bitchin figure though.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
This is what us poor 3DS plebs have for pictures. At least it's a different art style from Wii U...

Levin Sword: Attack + 60
Materia Slots 4
Growth: Double
Can be equipped with another weapon :4cloud:

I'll just step aside and let this apocalypse weapon pass...

Suuuuuuuuch a satisfying feeling...

Screw you Diddy

I use a lot more SOLDIER Cloud nowadays, but I have more AC Cloud pictures because that's what I used when the hype was real so I took a lot more pictures.

**** YOUR BALLOONS

Look at that hitbox! :crazy:

Caught Mewtwo out of Teleport with it

Olimar is like my least favorite character so I couldn't resist saving this moment

This pose is great. And doing it on Diddy makes it even better.

I LOOOVE this pose. Definitely one of my favorites for some reason

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
And of course, scalpers be selling the collector's edition for $800-$1000.
Apparently they all sold out in like 30 minutes.
I wrote to Square and asked them to limit pre-orders to one or two per customer.
Then I got on the mailing list.

D

Deleted member

I wish I could get Final Fantasy XV, but I unfortunately don't have a PS4 or Xbox One. :(

I just hope that the game lives up to its hype and doesn't end up like another Final Fantasy XIII.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
If that's what scalpers are doing to XV, then I would hate to see why they do to VII.
Don't worry, by that point I will have tracked them all down and disemboweled each and every one of them in front of their families.
Ever since my great-great-grandfather was literally scalped back during the Gold Rush of '49, I've had something of a pathological hatred towards those who would take advantage of others merely for the sake of their own greed.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
In this modern world I would blame the suppliers/creators more so than the scalpers themselves.
Big pre-order packages that essentially have people buy/pay for a product before it's finished with little redress if it's not as expected, the lack of supply not because they couldn't produce more but so there is a sense of urgency from the general public to spend money/lock themselves into something now and go nuts about it in social media environments (you're paying money to advertise for them).

It's our faults (the consumers) for actually allowing this dynamic to exist and continue to be more prominent, justified by "well I would like the goodies anyway and supporting the video game industry..."

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
or "my wife would like the goodies and supports the Final Fantasy franchise more than I do"~
And "I got a guaranteed pre-order already, so I don't CARE about the plebs!"
=)

(Apparently Australia is getting around 100 of these preorder packages TOTAL at one of our biggest video game retail chains, gotta love the lynch mobs forming over it)

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
The collectors edition looks really neat. Shame that I lack the funds and interest in FFXV to get it.

And of course, scalpers be selling the collector's edition for $800-$1000.
ONLY $800-$1000?

I just wanted to get something nice for my wife, Shaya. ;~;

Smooth Criminal
Must you crush people and/or their dreams beneath your mighty treads, Shaya Shaya ? I guess that's why you're a senator then... :awesome:

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm unfortunately a bad and mean person #_#

It's not like I would put someone down for going with the collector's edition / preordering of any product. But it's still a marketing scheme that is often being abused and people should be more aware of the dynamics.
I feel sorry for those who genuinely want the stuff but cannot get it without paying exuberant amounts to get it from a third party, in these cases I almost solely blame the producers and not the third party.
And the part of placing trust upon the developers to release a fantastic product is on a company by company basis, as well. But hopes have been squashed before.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'm unfortunately a bad and mean person #_#

It's not like I would put someone down for going with the collector's edition / preordering of any product. But it's still a marketing scheme that is often being abused and people should be more aware of the dynamics.
I feel sorry for those who genuinely want the stuff but cannot get it without paying exuberant amounts to get it from a third party, in these cases I almost solely blame the producers and not the third party.
And the part of placing trust upon the developers to release a fantastic product is on a company by company basis, as well. But hopes have been squashed before.
You think that the third parties don't share in any of the blame?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
"almost".

This is not a human need like food or water we're worrying about here.
This is purely capitalism at work and these "scalpers" are abusing market forces for their own gain, which nearly everyone and everything ever tends to do naturally without guilt.
Systems which allow someone to buy 100s of them denying others the fair chance is shameful though. If producers aren't acting to combat this as proactively as possible, that is still falling on their shoulders.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
"almost".

This is not a human need like food or water we're worrying about here.
This is purely capitalism at work and these "scalpers" are abusing market forces for their own gain, which nearly everyone and everything ever tends to do naturally without guilt.
Systems which allow someone to buy 100s of them denying others the fair chance is shameful though. If producers aren't acting to combat this as proactively as possible, that is still falling on their shoulders.
Fair enough, but if it weren't for people being greedy ******** in the first place, there wouldn't be a need for SE to have to limit their purchases :/

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Is it just me or did everyone get a Fire Emblem change? cuz this is seriously throwing me off lol

D

Deleted member

I had the strangest gut feeling that they would do this.
I'm not even mad, this is hilarious!

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Xenobrawler is Tharja lel I think it fits
That's Tharja right?
I've never played FE I don't know who the **** this is - looks like Isaac dyed his hair green and turned emo

Oh and my mains appear to be Dragon Marth, Female Marth, and Magic Marth

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
May I ask who I've got? It's clear to me that the avatars never change at all, and I'm not a Fire Emblem player by any means.

D

Deleted member

Xenobrawler is Tharja lel I think it fits
That's Tharja right?
I've never played FE I don't know who the **** this is - looks like Isaac dyed his hair green and turned emo

Oh and my mains appear to be Dragon Marth, Female Marth, And Magic Marth
Actually it's a new character Rhajat from Fire Emblem Fates. :p

Uhh... how does it fit, though? :laugh:

May I ask who I've got? It's clear to me that the avatars never change at all, and I'm not a Fire Emblem player by any means.
Niles from Fire Emblem Fates.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Actually it's a new character Rhajat from Fire Emblem Fates. :p

Niles from Fire Emblem Fates.
Rhajat - switch the letters around - Tharja. They even look the same.
Uhh... how does it fit, though? :laugh:
Just goofin and gaffin

Isn't this beautiful tho?
20160331213731_1.jpg

Try the demo, it's free. Gives you a nice idea of what the game will feel like. I don't know if you played the first demo but combat-wise they completely overhauled it. The whole thing just flows a lot better.

Edit: sorry, unless you only have PC then I get it now lol
I do have my brother's Xbone, it's on that right?

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I wake up and find the site was reformed to EmblemBoards.

Goddammit Sakurai!

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
My avatar looks like a pe.... you know what never mind I don't like it.
You're Legault the thief, from FE7 or Blazing Sword lol.

My bad. The inner FE fangirl in me is dying because of this April Fool's theme lol.

Top Bottom