• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
So this is here if you don't know how to install PM (and pit my boy Knux in). It's something I've personally always had a problem with. First, you want to find a way to download PM 3.6. As you know, the development took down the website and all ways to download PM. But there are plenty of sites where you download it now. Just search it and you should be able to find it. I found a good site that should come up if you google "Project Mirror".If you don't have a hacked Wii, you'll need a 2GB SD card. Unzip the PM 3.6 folder and put it in the root of your SD card. Then, open the folder, select all of its contents and put them in the root too. So you should have two of each of these folders, one in he root and one in the folder. Next, you'll want to go this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=im9Y-aKwpRw and click the download links to download two torrent files. Download BitTorrent and unzip them. Now simply replace the folders on the SD card that have the same name. I'm assuming you know how to start up PM from here.

Note: Knuckles and Lyn are about 80% finished, and Isaac is only about 20% complete. Lyn's alts crash the game, and CPU Isaacs do weird teleportation stuff but nothing bad as far as I know

:D

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I've never liked the Ice Climbers, nor Luma and Rosalina. The concept of two characters fighting together hitting twice with all their attacks didn't work for me. Not to mention Nintendo had two games to make infinite-free Ice Climbers, and they failed both times. That may also have been an incentive to take them out. (Not trying to diss your character or anything, just didn't favor the ICs myself :/)
Oh you didn't dis me at all. I play ICs casually. I never had the interest in them competitively. I just hate to lose unique characters. And with this game having balance in mind, I'm sure they would've figured out how to get rid of their infinites. But that's a discussion I guess for another thread.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know off hand if having a stale special move affects the limit break versions?

Last edited:

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
So this is here if you don't know how to install PM (and pit my boy Knux in). It's something I've personally always had a problem with. First, you want to find a way to download PM 3.6. As you know, the development took down the website and all ways to download PM. But there are plenty of sites where you download it now. Just search it and you should be able to find it. I found a good site that should come up if you google "Project Mirrot".If you don't have a hacked Wii, you'll need a 2GB SD card. Unzip the PM 3.6 folder and put it in the root of your SD card. Then, open the folder, select all of its contents and put them in the root too. So you should have two of each of these folders, one in he root and one in the folder. Next, you'll want to go this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=im9Y-aKwpRw and click the download links to download two torrent files. Download BitTorrent and unzip them. Now simply replace the folders on the SD card that have the same name. I'm assuming you know how to start up PM from here.

Note: Knuckles and Lyn are about 80% finished, and Isaac is only about 20% complete. Lyn's alts crash the game, and CPU Isaacs do weird teleportation stuff but nothing bad as far as I know

I'd say Knuckles is about 90-95% done more than lyn anyway

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Out of curiosity, does anyone know off hand if having a stale special move affects the limit break versions?
I've been wondering this as well. I think it does, but I'm not sure atm, I was planning on testing this soon
I'd say Knuckles is about 90-95% done more than lyn anyway
Idk, I haven't really seen any problems with lyn that Knuckles doesn't have, aside from a non-functional/dumb down b...

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I've never liked the Ice Climbers, nor Luma and Rosalina. The concept of two characters fighting together hitting twice with all their attacks didn't work for me. Not to mention Nintendo had two games to make infinite-free Ice Climbers, and they failed both times.
To be fair, that infinite was grab-based, right? Chain-grabbing was removed so if they'd returned it wouldn't be an issue.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
To be fair, that infinite was grab-based, right? Chain-grabbing was removed so if they'd returned it wouldn't be an issue.
They didn't remove chaingrabbing, they just made it harder to pull of by changing the mechanics. In Melee, how the Wobble worked was that somebody couldn't break out of a grab while they were taking damage, so people couldn't break out during pummels. If the ICs palyer can pull of the desync, they can infinite you.

In Brawl, it was simply grabbing somebody, throwing them, then regrabbing with Nana/Popo immediately. Whiel a little difficult to pull off, I honestly don't see how the devs could have missed it.

In Smash 4 they made it so a char couldn't be grabbed 60 frames after being grabbed/grab released. Chaingrabs can and did still happen. If ICs were in the game, they could've essentially done the same thing as Luigi's chaingrab, locking the opponent in attacks/hitlag and regrabbing with the other Climber.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
They didn't remove chaingrabbing, they just made it harder to pull of by changing the mechanics. In Melee, how the Wobble worked was that somebody couldn't break out of a grab while they were taking damage, so people couldn't break out during pummels. If the ICs palyer can pull of the desync, they can infinite you.

In Brawl, it was simply grabbing somebody, throwing them, then regrabbing with Nana/Popo immediately. Whiel a little difficult to pull off, I honestly don't see how the devs could have missed it.

In Smash 4 they made it so a char couldn't be grabbed 60 frames after being grabbed/grab released. Chaingrabs can and did still happen. If ICs were in the game, they could've essentially done the same thing as Luigi's chaingrab, locking the opponent in attacks/hitlag and regrabbing with the other Climber.
Well, I learned something today.

Maybe it's naive but I have faith that they'd remove it if they'd made the cut. They could mess with the AI Ice Climber and that'd be easy enough. They've removed infinites before, but I think there's at one or two still around.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Uh, no, CGs are not a thing in this game. At all. You have regrab situations that are mixups at best, and only reliably work at relatively low percentages (unless you were prepatch Luigi, but even then...).

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Uh, no, CGs are not a thing in this game. At all. You have regrab situations that are mixups at best, and only reliably work at relatively low percentages (unless you were prepatch Luigi, but even then...).

Smooth Criminal
CGs are def gone yeah. Regrabs are fair game though (as a Doc player welcome to what I thrive on when I use him) and are usually VERY viable because there's no "answer" (since shield does have startup frames, ho ho!)

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845

Smooth Criminal
CGs are def gone yeah. Regrabs are fair game though (as a Doc player welcome to what I thrive on when I use him) and are usually VERY viable because there's no "answer" (since shield does have startup frames, ho ho!)
I didn't say they were common, I just said they were possible... with prepatch Luigi... :/

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hello, Cloud Social. :4cloud: Here is some new footage of FF15:

The release date of the game will be revealed on March 30th.
I'm looking forward to this one.

Good thing I ordered a PS4 online at Best Buy. Won't be expecting it until probably Wednesday though.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Hey, all -- it's been a while. Hope everyone is having fun with Cloud and destroying butts.

So, I'm in limbo with this decision, but I am leaning toward deleting my account. It's been fun to get to know all of you and assist (I say that lightly because I did near jack **** furthering Cloud's meta), but I have been incredibly busy getting my production company off the ground. I simply don't have the time to hop on and chat, nor do I have the time to play Smash as actively as I once did. Sadly, they're becoming more of a distraction for me, but I will certainly play anyone if I can free myself from my schedule.

Anyway, I just wanted to say as the weeks wear on before I delete my account, I'd like to offer any interested parties the opportunity to stay in contact. Whether it's playing a couple rounds of Smash or another means of communication is fine by me. In the end, I had a blast meeting all of you crazy players, but it's time that I move on. So, message me if you're interested, Cloud players. Keep kicking ass as the legendary SOLDIER.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Hey, all -- it's been a while. Hope everyone is having fun with Cloud and destroying butts.

So, I'm in limbo with this decision, but I am leaning toward deleting my account. It's been fun to get to know all of you and assist (I say that lightly because I did near jack **** furthering Cloud's meta), but I have been incredibly busy getting my production company off the ground. I simply don't have the time to hop on and chat, nor do I have the time to play Smash as actively as I once did. Sadly, they're becoming more of a distraction for me, but I will certainly play anyone if I can free myself from my schedule.

Anyway, I just wanted to say as the weeks wear on before I delete my account, I'd like to offer any interested parties the opportunity to stay in contact. Whether it's playing a couple rounds of Smash or another means of communication is fine by me. In the end, I had a blast meeting all of you crazy players, but it's time that I move on. So, message me if you're interested, Cloud players. Keep kicking *** as the legendary SOLDIER.
Nooooooo! You're one of my favorite users! Please don't delete your account! You don't have to post or anything, but we'll know you're there! D: D: D: It doesn't matter if you don't contribute to the meta, just post occasionally or something, I don't know! Just don't leave forever! D:

Also JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud , did I play you on 3DS FG last night? I played someone named Jesse using OG Cloud. That was like my first time on FG that I was actually good, and didn't ragequit lmao... The lag was bad sometimes, but I got some non-computer experience. I definitely noticed the things that people were doing that would never work in real life. If any of you watch Alpharad, he says he can notice what's bad about people, and I was seeing some of those patterns.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597

Anyway, I just wanted to say as the weeks wear on before I delete my account, I'd like to offer any interested parties the opportunity to stay in contact. Whether it's playing a couple rounds of Smash or another means of communication is fine by me. In the end, I had a blast meeting all of you crazy players, but it's time that I move on. So, message me if you're interested, Cloud players. Keep kicking *** as the legendary SOLDIER.
Some things are more important than games. I wish you the best of luck with your production company, but remember you always have friends here.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I can relate to the busy schedule that Hanku has but somehow still manage to find some free time to play games. Regardless Hanku Hirru Hanku Hirru I wish you nothing but the best with your production company.

As CrimsonRick117 CrimsonRick117 mentioned, there are indeed more important things in life than playing video games. Far more important things really.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I'd honestly just love to have your personality here and interacting with us. You don't have to even play the game, you can talk about anything in this thread, let us know about your company's progress, what's going on in your life, etc.

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802

I hope your production company does well and like -m0 -m0 said feel free to talk about its progress here we don't want you to go

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Hello, Cloud Social. :4cloud: Here is some new footage of FF15:

The release date of the game will be revealed on March 30th.
Ugh they have a release date for a release date. Square, you're hurting my soul.

All seriousness reall looking forward to XV. I loved the demo, dat Ramuh.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Nooooooo! You're one of my favorite users! Please don't delete your account! You don't have to post or anything, but we'll know you're there! D: D: D: It doesn't matter if you don't contribute to the meta, just post occasionally or something, I don't know! Just don't leave forever! D:

Also JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud , did I play you on 3DS FG last night? I played someone named Jesse using OG Cloud. That was like my first time on FG that I was actually good, and didn't ragequit lmao... The lag was bad sometimes, but I got some non-computer experience. I definitely noticed the things that people were doing that would never work in real life. If any of you watch Alpharad, he says he can notice what's bad about people, and I was seeing some of those patterns.
Nope. I haven't played Smash for a little while. Been catching up on my other stuff.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

Didn't know you very well, but I wish you the best with your company.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Yo Hanku Hirru Hanku Hirru PM me if you don't mind staying in contact, I always lab Cloud stuff and things and I'd be glad to communicate and share changes.

On that note, good luck with your company business and whatnot! I wish you only the best, it's been fun on here.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Runoff nair is soooo good, guys. Even if they airdodge, you can just DJ bair or DJ nair. You can chain the nairs together offstage as well. I know most people know this, but I just wanted to tell you guys I've seen the light.

Also Shuriblur Shuriblur , Limit moves stale with their non-Limit counterparts. Tested with LB Cross Slash

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

Hate to see you go, friend. I understand how life gets complicated and all that.
Keep in mind that you don't have to delete your account. I once took a several year hiatus from this site myself.
Regardless, may the Light ever be your ally. Keep in touch.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Patch comes out tomorrow and it seems a lot of chars are unchanged so I'm pretty positive our boy is still intact. I've decided that I will be a full-time Cloud player regardless of any changes to the character as I have dedicated a lot of lab time to him already. I will continue to develop for him and Doc ideally!

I will also try and be way more active in the Cloud boards now, hooray! Time to figure out what real dedication feels like.

D

Deleted member

It's pretty surreal to say that we are playing the complete version of Smash 4 soon.
I think Cloud will get unchanged or his damage percentages on his attacks have changed, but I just hope that he doesn't get any nerfs that make him a chore to play as.
Even then, I'm sticking with Cloud. I will be ready for the road ahead

Hanku Hirru Hanku Hirru Good luck with the company!

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
It's pretty surreal to say that we are playing the complete version of Smash 4 soon.
I think Cloud will get unchanged or his damage percentages on his attacks have changed, but I just hope that he doesn't get any nerfs that make him a chore to play as.
Even then, I'm sticking with Cloud. I will be ready for the road ahead

Hanku Hirru Hanku Hirru Good luck with the company!
Bruh
Bayo's jab is frame 9
FRAME 9
At tournament I met a guy who thought Bayonetta and Corrin would hard counter Shiek, and Shiek would hard counter everybody else
lmao

The only thing I think Cloud needs is more range on Blade Beam, the rest I can live with

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So this is here if you don't know how to install PM (and pit my boy Knux in). It's something I've personally always had a problem with. First, you want to find a way to download PM 3.6. As you know, the development took down the website and all ways to download PM. But there are plenty of sites where you download it now. Just search it and you should be able to find it. I found a good site that should come up if you google "Project Mirror".If you don't have a hacked Wii, you'll need a 2GB SD card. Unzip the PM 3.6 folder and put it in the root of your SD card. Then, open the folder, select all of its contents and put them in the root too. So you should have two of each of these folders, one in he root and one in the folder. Next, you'll want to go this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=im9Y-aKwpRw and click the download links to download two torrent files. Download BitTorrent and unzip them. Now simply replace the folders on the SD card that have the same name. I'm assuming you know how to start up PM from here.

Someone made a fix you can add to use all of Lyn's outfits. I'd be perfectly happy with Isaac not being there until some nice person finishes him, though.

2thesky

Smash Cadet
I'm really excited for Bayonetta honestly. Though, Cloud is my favorite character in this game, Bayo looks fun to style with. I also like Corrin (or Kamui, whatever floats your boat) merely for just aesthetic reasons. I love the Omega Yato sword and the whole dragon thing. But Cloud is just perfect to me. His ****ey recovery doesn't even bother me anymore, as there's a lot of ways around it. His spacing, his aerials, his combos, his limit mind games, honestly if they nerf Cloud in any way I'm going to be extremely EXTREMELY upset. But eh, nothing I can really do about it in the end...

:4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Bruh

That gif is bull****. That's not how you measure/quantify frame data

Wait 'til we're actually able to confirm it ourselves

Smooth Criminal
I sincerely apologize. I thought that the niconico tournament was 60 fps, so we were able to tell frame data if we wanted :/ Welp we'll know tomorrow
Someone made a fix you can add to use all of Lyn's outfits. I'd be perfectly happy with Isaac not being there until some nice person finishes him, though.
Can you give me a link? Also Isaac seems really unwieldy. His aerials are slow, especially uair, and his ground moves have low range. Excited for somebody showing me what this char can do

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I sincerely apologize. I thought that the niconico tournament was 60 fps, so we were able to tell frame data if we wanted :/ Welp we'll know tomorrow

Can you give me a link? Also Isaac seems really unwieldy. His aerials are slow, especially uair, and his ground moves have low range. Excited for somebody showing me what this char can do

I believe it was in this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/zeizas-miscellaneous-mods-latest-mod-borderless-stage-icons.421064/ I can't seem to find it in here anymore though. Might PM the thread owner and ask for a link, I'm sure they still have them.) Wish I could be more helpful, can't find them anywhere atm.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It was at 60fps, but taking secondhand footage like that and slowing it down pixel-by-pixel/frame-by-frame is not how you set about measuring frame data. It's a helluva lot more involved. Capture devices (ancient or not), manual inputs (as in, you're controlling the character), rigorous calculation and measurement (you're determining startup frames, active frames, recovery, all that ****)...I could go on, but you get the idea.

I'm not saying that Bayo's jab is slower or faster; it's just that gif is purely a guesstimate and nothing more.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
It was at 60fps, but taking secondhand footage like that and slowing it down pixel-by-pixel/frame-by-frame is not how you set about measuring frame data. It's a helluva lot more involved. Capture devices (ancient or not), manual inputs (as in, you're controlling the character), rigorous calculation and measurement (you're determining startup frames, active frames, recovery, all that ****)...I could go on, but you get the idea.

I'm not saying that Bayo's jab is slower or faster; it's just that gif is purely a guesstimate and nothing more.

Smooth Criminal
Okay, sorry.
What do you guys think about Bayo anyway? If all of her moves are this slow, she'll have serious trouble, but I think her aerials look fast and useful. Obviously she'll have trouble killing. Also what do you think about Bullet Arts? They seem like a thing that was implemented with a lot of thought, but I think they'll be very niche

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I think if its not against the rules, I might switch to a different account from now on and close this one.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Looks like Cloud is unchanged. I'm kinda glad, he has enough going for him where he doesn't need buffs or nerfs. Little bummed that they haven't given him an autosnap, though.

Top Bottom