• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I think i'll consider it. He is too fun too play and he does have potential. I'll use him in tournaments more.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Wait, I just thought of something. What if one of Cloud's AC alts had the Geo stimga on his arm as well?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Are there even colors for the AC costume? like I know there's the one with the sleeve off, but there don't seem to be any color variations.

YES. The original Advent Children was ok for the good CGI and the action scenes lol. But with the complete version, it felt like it actually had a story and even the action scenes were more fleshed out with a story. It felt so much more like a movie and less like an anime that you missed all the beginning episodes for. Also yeah, the Omnislash was amazing. If you want to rant about the greatness of Advent Children, you've got a supporter in me! :p
There is sleeveless AC Cloud (which is faintly tinted green but you wouldn't be blamed for missing it), blue with brown belts, and purple sleeveless.
I am heavily tempted to replace Sheik for Cloud as my Smash 4 Wii U main right now.
One helluva downgrade from a competitive front. LOL But I'm not one to talk, playing Sonic and all. Though Cloud is a badass upgrade for sure.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Everytime a Cloud online beats my mains, I switch to Cloud to ditto them and destroy them... is Cloud just a bit EZ mode online or what? I'm way better with my mains, but I keep having to take out Cloud agaisnt many Clouds. (Mains are Villager and Kirby btw)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Is the original Final Fantasy VII game on Steam the English version? I'm thinking about playing that one instead since I'm hearing the remake probably won't come out until around 2017, which is gonna be a long road ahead.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Everytime a Cloud online beats my mains, I switch to Cloud to ditto them and destroy them... is Cloud just a bit EZ mode online or what? I'm way better with my mains, but I keep having to take out Cloud agaisnt many Clouds. (Mains are Villager and Kirby btw)
That depends on how you're fighting them. With Kirby, it's a lot to do with taking advantage of Cloud's terrible off-stage game. Granted Cloud can fight back easier due to forcing approaches with his Limit Breaks causing a threat. Though I've come to find that lots of people have difficulty fighting themselves.

Cloud is EZ mode online right now because people aren't taking advantage of his recovery being gimped. It was the same way that Little Mac was OP on For Glory mode until people figured out what to do. Same thing will happen to Cloud, only he's better than him IMO.

Is the original Final Fantasy VII game on Steam the English version? I'm thinking about playing that one instead since I'm hearing the remake probably won't come out until around 2017, which is gonna be a long road ahead.
Yeah, it is. I'm gonna play it on my PS4 probably because it's always fun to re-explore. That and 3x speed and skipping random encounters is kinda cool if I'm over leveled and just want to progress.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
So, I've picked up Cloud and...

He's SO fun and satisfying to use. In this game, I've been looking for a good swordfighter who's not MK or Ike for a while now, and I think I've finally found one. I like Roy, but his tier placement is... debatable to say the least and it's bugging me a bit. His lack of results also bug me, and I don't know whether he is supposed to be high tier, mid tier, or C tier. He also is a bit harder to use; Roy's combo food so he gets beat by characters like Mario who have good Up tilt and aerial combos. In general, I have to be a lot more careful with Roy if I don't want to get beaten badly. Shulk is in the same category; he's really fun, but he has a lot of things holding him down, so I don't use him much anymore.

Cloud I think makes up for my two other swordsmen characters, at the same time though, I feel awful for using the guy. It may be due to lack of MU experience with the people I play, but I tend to win a lot more battles with Cloud than I do with Roy, my other character. I'm not the only other person who thinks this either: Plenty of people find him very easy to use and pick up. I feel bad for using him because it feels like I'm playing easy mode with him. At the same time, I don't want to drop him because he's really fun, and his design is starting to grow on me. I apologize if it sounds like I'm insulting the character; I'm not at all. I really like him. I'm just wondering if he really is as easy to pick up as everyone says he is, and whether him being an easy character to use is a bad thing.

Anyway, ever since I found out he was coming to Smash 4, I decided to look into FFVII and it looks interesting so far. I've been watching Vinesauce Let's Plays and the Completionist's retrospective. It's funny, I mean I never thought I would ever get into FF, but it looks like Smash proved me wrong yet again.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yeah, it is. I'm gonna play it on my PS4 probably because it's always fun to re-explore. That and 3x speed and skipping random encounters is kinda cool if I'm over leveled and just want to progress.
Can't you just get it on PS4 for like $10?
The original is on PS4?

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it's the English version. One bonus of the Steam version is that you can mod it.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Yeah, the one on PS4 is basically the Steam version with a little bit of extra features like Speeding Up gameplay and etc. I think.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Should I even bother picking up FF XIII Lightning Returns? I heard the ending was BS and you defeat god and end up on just plain old Earth. Like, okay...

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Reminder that some people playing Smash, and few on this board are actually younger than the game.
:196:
I know a few. But I'm younger than Star Wars and know that Darth Vader is the father.

Spoilers are fine to keep, but there's definitely a more or less realistic timeframe for when those spoilers are free to talk about. And in this case here, one of the most well known video game plot twists ever is one that falls under "general knowledge" at this point.

I've never even played FF7. But when spoilers become general knowledge and casual conversation, they're no longer spoilers.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I got FFVII on steam when Square Enix's official site was having a sale, so yeah, I can mod it if I want to.

Really enjoying it so far! I just met Aeris and am now running around the slums.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Just got done playing FF XIII-2. The concept never fails to get stupider.
Just stop. The XIII trilogy wasn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than the bandwagon will ever give it credit for.
Oh, and Quarium Quarium let me know if you want to spar sometime. I struggle against Kirby with Cloud, so getting more experience with the matchup would mean a great deal.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Just stop. The XIII trilogy wasn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than the bandwagon will ever give it credit for.
Oh, and Quarium Quarium let me know if you want to spar sometime. I struggle against Kirby with Cloud, so getting more experience with the matchup would mean a great deal.
Time Travel is a stupid concept. I don't know why people insist on using it. It doesn't even make sense. I loved the first game, but the story for the second game killed it for me. I was tempted not to finish it. Heck, that was one of the main complaints about the trilogy. The game play itself is spot on (albeit, pretty easy at times).

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Lady Kuki Lady Kuki

Honestly, you should play whatever character you like. Don't worry about whether they're "easy to play" or "cheap."

Smooth Criminal
Yeah, and to add to this? Playing Cloud efficiently is hard. He looks easybake on the surface because he has early kill options. But most of those kill options outside of DAir to Finishing Touch aren't legit. You have to space his recovery super hard or get risky and recover high to anticipate their gimp so you hit with the second strike of Climhazzard as you recover to the ledge. His recovery would be average (which = good enough) if it autosnapped the ledge outside of Limit mode.

Cloud has to play like a good Little Mac at first. Once his opponent is in the air, he can do proper air fighting. But neutral with Cloud is so important. You lose that and get put on tilt, you're risking losing your stock because of his abysmal recovery. I will say this though, on-stage? Cloud is still amazing despite what I've said.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Yeah, and to add to this? Playing Cloud efficiently is hard. He looks easybake on the surface because he has early kill options. But most of those kill options outside of DAir to Finishing Touch aren't legit. You have to space his recovery super hard or get risky and recover high to anticipate their gimp so you hit with the second strike of Climhazzard as you recover to the ledge. His recovery would be average (which = good enough) if it autosnapped the ledge outside of Limit mode.

Cloud has to play like a good Little Mac at first. Once his opponent is in the air, he can do proper air fighting. But neutral with Cloud is so important. You lose that and get put on tilt, you're risking losing your stock because of his abysmal recovery. I will say this though, on-stage? Cloud is still amazing despite what I've said.
I did not know you could dair to finishing touch. Is that a true combo? Or is it more like soft nair to waft with wario?

Also, I'm not really sure if comparing Cloud to little mac is the best idea lol. Like sure, they have bad recoveries and a high skill cap (and limits ZOMG Cloud is a Little Mac clone confirmed :troll: ), but that's pretty much it. Cloud uses a lot of aerials, has a giant sword and much worse frame data.

One more question. Do you guys think I should get FF7 for my iPhone? I saw it on the app store and i was wondering if it would be laggy and stuff, but the reviews didn't say it was all that laggy. However, I'm using an iPhone 4S that updated one too many times so it's probably laggy in that situation. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I did not know you could dair to finishing touch. Is that a true combo? Or is it more like soft nair to waft with wario?

Also, I'm not really sure if comparing Cloud to little mac is the best idea lol. Like sure, they have bad recoveries and a high skill cap (and limits ZOMG Cloud is a Little Mac clone confirmed :troll: ), but that's pretty much it. Cloud uses a lot of aerials, has a giant sword and much worse frame data.

One more question. Do you guys think I should get FF7 for my iPhone? I saw it on the app store and i was wondering if it would be laggy and stuff, but the reviews didn't say it was all that laggy. However, I'm using an iPhone 4S that updated one too many times so it's probably laggy in that situation. What do you guys think?
I don't remember where I heard it (I work at Verizon), but I seem to remember that a lot of classic games ported to iOS are pretty bad, and that's on new phones like the 6. Pretty sure your 4S wouldn't be able to handle it.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I don't remember where I heard it (I work at Verizon), but I seem to remember that a lot of classic games ported to iOS are pretty bad, and that's on new phones like the 6. Pretty sure your 4S wouldn't be able to handle it.
thanks for letting me know. didn't want to shell out 15$ for a laggy piece of **** lmao

Also, if any of you are pit/dark pit mains, their trying to have a light vs. dark crew battlesoon. idk if i'll enter, but throwing that out there.

@shinhed-echi, you have a pretty good pit when I played you, maybe you'll think about entering? : V

also should I try to get emulator so i can play ffvii?

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
God can somebody delete this? stupid phone
You can report the double post you made and then a mod should delete it for you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After grinding on Limit Breaks, I went off to Junon.
At Junon, I did another Huge Materia quest and got a submarine as a result. The mini game wasn't difficult, but the controls took a while to get used to... it took me a minute and I had 10 to complete it! At least I completed it and got the Huge Materia.
I then went to the Gelnika, a Shinra plane, underwater. The enemies here were tough... they were enough to one shot my team. I was doing damage, but they were doing a thousand damage to me and I am under 3000 HP at this point (I equip a lot of Materia).
The bright side to this was Yuffie's ultimate weapon, Conformer. The higher the level of the enemy, the more damage it does. So... while the enemies were tough, the Turks here were a joke since she did 3000 damage to them.
I decided to do the Wutai fights already and, as I expected, they were pretty easy as well.
I would finish Disk Two, but I don't have the time really.
EDIT: Oh yeah! I got a Guide Book as well. I might fight the Weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
After grinding on Limit Breaks, I went off to Junon.
At Junon, I did another Huge Materia quest and got a submarine as a result. The mini game wasn't difficult, but the controls took a while to get used to... it took me a minute and I had 10 to complete it! At least I completed it and got the Huge Materia.
I then went to the Gelnika, a Shinra plane, underwater. The enemies here were tough... they were enough to one shot my team. I was doing damage, but they were doing a thousand damage to me and I am under 3000 HP at this point (I equip a lot of Materia).
The bright side to this was Yuffie's ultimate weapon, Conformer. The higher the level of the enemy, the more damage it does. So... while the enemies were tough, the Turks here were a joke since she did 3000 damage to them.
I decided to do the Wutai fights already and, as I expected, they were pretty easy as well.
I would finish Disk Two, but I don't have the time really.
If you pair the Mug and All materia on Conformer, Yuffie essentially transmogs entire groups of enemies at once. She's one of the best characters for farming rare items (most of the Gelnika enemies turn into "Source" items, so you can max your whole party out!) Pair her with Cloud and Cid with their Apocalypse and Scimitar, respectfully (Triple materia growth ftw!) to maximize your late-game preparations!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you pair the Mug and All materia on Conformer, Yuffie essentially transmogs entire groups of enemies at once. She's one of the best characters for farming rare items (most of the Gelnika enemies turn into "Source" items, so you can max your whole party out!) Pair her with Cloud and Cid with their Apocalypse and Scimitar, respectfully (Triple materia growth ftw!) to maximize your late-game preparations!
Really?! Oh my... I need to do this eventually to prepare for the endgame Superbosses. Thank you for the tip!
BTW, do you know a good place to grind AP? I think I will need to do this eventually...

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Really?! Oh my... I need to do this eventually to prepare for the endgame Superbosses. Thank you for the tip!
BTW, do you know a good place to grind AP? I think I will need to do this eventually...
On the last disc the Northern Crater is mostly the best place to grind AP. There is a water area which looks like a forest that has Magic Pots which requires you to use an elixir on them in order to kill them. They carry a lot of AP if you have the materia equipped on the Apocalypse.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
On the last disc the Northern Crater is mostly the best place to grind AP. There is a water area which looks like a forest that has Magic Pots which requires you to use an elixir on them in order to kill them. They carry a lot of AP if you have the materia equipped on the Apocalypse.
Also the three bouncing orange ball thing enemies..."Movers"? All they drop is AP, and I think they're in the same area. They use Delta Attack though, so that's a thing.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Welp, I'm back from my vacation. It felt like eons since my previous post, but I'll likely start playing again this weekend once I get a few videos edited. The YouTube channel is almost complete, ladies and germs.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
So remember how I said that I picked him up as a casual character? Well... Uh... I've become such a big fan of him that I've picked him up as an actual pocket now and I might use him in bracket for the first time on Sunday. We'll see how it goes.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Haha, weird question, but why does Cloud glide when he runs? I'm not talking about why he does it in Smash; I know why. I'm talking about why he does it period. Is it because of graphic limitations?

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I think it's a throwback to the original combat animations. When Cloud would approach his target, he would glide very quickly toward his opponent before slashing at them. This was likely a mix of technical limitations and a way for the development team to make Cloud feel and play like he was super powered, as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom